IGNORED

how cold is it by you?

jules

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have nearly 3 feet of snow in my yard, and the temperature dropped below -40 Celsius numerous times over the last couple weeks. It will be +3 Celsius on Saturday. What the hell weather?

I have nearly 3 feet of snow in my yard, and the temperature dropped below -40 Celsius numerous times over the last couple weeks. It will be +3 Celsius on Saturday. What the hell weather?

Good lord, that is horrible!

In Seattle it isn't even supposed to get below freezing this week. It's a balmy 50 degrees Fahrenheit outside and raining. I feel sorry for you middle-of-the-continent people, your lands have been turned to frozen hell-holes

http://youtu.be/pu6PLxeVslA

Edit--- (WAY TO TAKE AWAY FROM A FUNNY, NON-APPEARING VIDEO)

Having the US being cold is good stuff for all the global warming deniers over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsKtauVMSgQ

i was about to say, the right-wing talk radio hosts are having a field day with this. Apparently record-breaking cold weather completely disproves climate change. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to push for more pollution to bring the climate back up to normal levels.

Having the US being cold is good stuff for all the global warming deniers over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsKtauVMSgQ

i was about to say, the right-wing talk radio hosts are having a field day with this. Apparently record-breaking cold weather completely disproves climate change. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to push for more pollution to bring the climate back up to normal levels.

Lol, tire fires start littering the rust-belt in hopes of heating the country once again.

Springfield+Tire+Fire.png

Climate is not the same as weather, they're related, but not the same thing. I don't think a lot of people really grasp that. Although I feel like we are starting to grasp why our planet does some of the things it does, we still have a brazen arrogance in how we pink hairless apes think we've got it all figured out. It's one of the warmest winters I've experienced in Seattle. Bizzare shit really

Not saying I disagree with you SR4, just commenting. :flower:

3 Celsius. Highs of 6 or 7 for the rest of the week plus rain. Vancouver living yo.

I am in whistler, it was about -3c today. Pretty mild compared to what I thought it would be.

Vancouver has this ridiculous amount of micro climates. It can be raining downtown and then sunny an bright out near the airport.

LOL @ 'MURICA. They get a week or so of bad weather and it's like the apocalypse. Most northern country get 3-4 months of that temperature and LIFE STILL CONTINUES.

The same way the same thing happens during the summer "like OMG like it's like so hot". FFS don't go near the equator your trust fund spoiled fucktard.

EARTH IS TILTED.

SEASONS HAPPENS.

IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS

ACCEPT IT AND STOP WHINING.

Stop-Whining.jpeg

LOL @ 'MURICA. They get a week or so of bad weather and it's like the apocalypse. Most northern country get 3-4 months of that temperature and LIFE STILL CONTINUES.

The same way the same thing happens during the summer "like OMG like it's like so hot". FFS don't go near the equator your trust fund spoiled fucktard.

EARTH IS TILTED.

SEASONS HAPPENS.

In places where they don't usually experience extreme cold they have no infrastructure or experience to properly deal with it. Even in coastal BC shit goes a bit crazy when there is snow, because they don't have much of an apparatus to clear it up.

It's been a balmy -10c up here in Yukon which is pretty irregular. It's usually between -30c to -50c this time of year.

lol at the idea of everyone in america being a trust fund kid

It's okay. He's Canadian, and he's a dick.

Scottdick.png

He ain't your guy, buddy.

lol

Montreal too...

EARTH IS TILTED.

SEASONS HAPPENS.

In places where they don't usually experience extreme cold they have no infrastructure or experience to properly deal with it. Even in coastal BC shit goes a bit crazy when there is snow, because they don't have much of an apparatus to clear it up.

It's been a balmy -10c up here in Yukon which is pretty irregular. It's usually between -30c to -50c this time of year.

It doesn't go crazy, the media tells it that way and people believe it. You just fucking ease off the gas pedal when you take your car. You become more alert as a driver (omg more alert that's SO complicated :wacko: millions of years of evolution and it's the last thing we need to cope before becoming ubermensch) You relax with your kids and go make a snow man. You take your shovel and PLOW. You walk outside, put some fucking clothes and voila, it's not complicated, you will not die. People have lived in BC for thousand of years before such a first-world problem, they coped with that and their "no infrastructure" way of life. You've got fucking electricity and heat FFS!

Civilization could easily live if we had -30 temps all year long, life would find it's way. So some old people died, well it happens in every kind of situation too.

People need to stop being breast-fed by the media and their attention-whore newscasts/paper. :orly:

EARTH IS TILTED.

SEASONS HAPPENS.

It doesn't go crazy, the media tells it that way and people believe it. You just fucking ease off the gas pedal when you take your car. You become more alert as a driver (omg more alert that's SO complicated :wacko: millions of years of evolution and it's the last thing we need to cope before becoming ubermensch) You relax with your kids and go make a snow man. You take your shovel and PLOW. You walk outside, put some fucking clothes and voila, it's not complicated, you will not die. People have lived in BC for thousand of years before such a first-world problem, they coped with that and their "no infrastructure" way of life. You've got fucking electricity and heat FFS!

Civilization could easily live if we had -30 temps all year long, life would find it's way. So some old people died, well it happens in every kind of situation too.

People need to stop being breast-fed by the media and their attention-whore newscasts/paper. :orly:

Your mother must be exceptionally proud of how tough and insightful her little boy is.

Archived