IGNORED

How many watmm trolls are paid by their governments to be here?

andihow

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How fucking weird and cool is it that people get together to argue about ideas? Tides of thoughts washing over the little brain-spores, cross-pollinating. Our lives are stable enough that we can do this and not personally have to suffer much. We have time to watch TV and play games. We socialize freely, and talk about our fears of the government openly. Some of us can smoke weed legally which is pretty cool.

How fucking weird and cool is it that people get together to argue about ideas? Tides of thoughts washing over the little brain-spores, cross-pollinating. Our lives are stable enough that we can do this and not personally have to suffer much. We have time to watch TV and play games. We socialize freely, and talk about our fears of the government openly. Some of us can smoke weed legally which is pretty cool.

Well it's cool except for when people say things like:

what does collection of data has to do with mass surveillance ?

no worries, im just very annoyed that anybody here lets someone couching denialism in quasi intellectual/reasonable language derail extremely important information time and time again. There is nothing left to deny or dismiss or down-play, especially as the leaks continue, and I think more people need to be confident in this belief and stop falling prey to fake-ass moderate 'you guys are overreacting' coward-shit, please let us be done with that, this is very serious information, you guys have to trust your own intuition a little bit more and not worry about the guy who's always in the back of the room telling you to calm down. We've reached a tipping point, and we need to keep tipping...hard

whoa man, state facts conspiritard. You also probably believe that wealthy people aren't job creators and that the U.S. government is up to no good.

The economy is controlled by hamsters rolling around in balls inside of a transmoxenographic automated dildo transmitter honing device while it is being operated by two republican nazi hippos on shrooms. God help us.

well hey look, the GCHQ is making news again today.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo?t=dXNlcmlkPTQ3NzMwODM1LGVtYWlsaWQ9NTE1MQ==

Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ

NSA-ragout-4-001.jpg

Britain's surveillance agency GCHQ, with aid from the US National Security Agency, intercepted and stored the webcam images of millions of internet users not suspected of wrongdoing, secret documents reveal.

GCHQ files dating between 2008 and 2010 explicitly state that a surveillance program codenamed Optic Nerve collected still images of Yahoo webcam chats in bulk and saved them to agency databases, regardless of whether individual users were an intelligence target or not.

In one six-month period in 2008 alone, the agency collected webcam imagery – including substantial quantities of sexually explicit communications – from more than 1.8 million Yahoo user accounts globally.

Yahoo reacted furiously to the webcam interception when approached by the Guardian. The company denied any prior knowledge of the program, accusing the agencies of "a whole new level of violation of our users' privacy".

so stupid. wtf are they hoping to get out of private Yahoo webcam chats? does anyone here even use that shit? seems hugely counterproductive and a waste of resources, even if you put aside the ethical/moral questions.

fluoride did 911

ok, I did lol a bit.

Well it's cool except for when people say things like:

what does collection of data has to do with mass surveillance ?

If trolling, I really appreciate Eugene's consistency throughout the years. Without him there would be a lot less popcorn sold.

data collection by itself is not surveillance, the act of surveillance is LOOKING at that data, and that "looking" is prohibited legally and technologically from what the leaks revealed so far. is that really that unreasonable of a point to make ? not to mention that there are also prohibitions on collection and storage of data itself that the article luke linked to shows.

no worries, im just very annoyed that anybody here lets someone couching denialism in quasi intellectual/reasonable language derail extremely important information time and time again. There is nothing left to deny or dismiss or down-play, especially as the leaks continue, and I think more people need to be confident in this belief and stop falling prey to fake-ass moderate 'you guys are overreacting' coward-shit, please let us be done with that, this is very serious information, you guys have to trust your own intuition a little bit more and not worry about the guy who's always in the back of the room telling you to calm down. We've reached a tipping point, and we need to keep tipping...hard

"fuck reason, take some lsd, watch my sister, and the truth will be revealed to you !"

data collection by itself is not surveillance, the act of surveillance is LOOKING at that data, and that "looking" is prohibited legally and technologically from what the leaks revealed so far. is that really that unreasonable of a point to make ? not to mention that there are also prohibitions on collection and storage of data itself that the article luke linked to shows.

-sie-

I'll agree with the people that said, at least you're consistent. But you'll have to admit that those talking points only worked when there was 'debate' about government methods, prior to the snowden revelations. Carrying on like this now, only leaves you tarred with the fringe loony brush that for years you were painting over anyone here that dared bring up mistrust for government issues. Now you get to see how the other half live i guess. It's a tunnel of fun.

[-' ;-]

I've been covering my webcams for about a year or so. It just seemed like a valid precaution. I mean, hackng a personal pc and getting into the webcam doesn't seem all that difficult.

there was no serious debate about actual government methods, their legitimacy, benefit vs potential danger and so on. the debate got to "they're watching everything we do"/"spying on us all the time"/"just like 1984" (which snowden himself provoked) from the very get go.

i think i did manage to show 4 times already (2 times here and 2 times in previous threads) that those "groundbreaking" stories whose congregation help create a particular discourse which somehow gives awepittances of the world the audacity to claim that "evil government is spying on innocent citizens all of the time, wake up sheeple" dissolve into nothingness (or at the very least to a portrayal of some of nsa's capabilities but not actual lawbreaking or mass spying) with proper scrutiny and a more sensible, grounded-on-facts interpretation.

i think i'll take a break from this.

shabbat shalom, cunts.

"fuck reason, take some lsd, watch my sister, and the truth will be revealed to you !"

i think you misplaced the "fuck" in that sentence

Archived