IGNORED

Ganja

beerwolf

Those have 3 weeks provided the temperature holds above 10 C or so, if the root mass is getting that cold at night, it can stall growth and make it take longer to finish and produce less.

Watch out for humidity on those outdoors, once you step above 60-75% in an outdoor grow you are running a moderate risk of getting all kinds of fucked over with botrytis. I had plants that had two days in 90% humidity last autumn and they all had to be chopped or taken in to finish.

Either way, it looks like you know what you're dooing oooze, it looks delightful

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

getting ready to smoke again after 2 years of not.

what a waste of time these past 2 years have been, not even being facetious.

have any of you guys attempted to grow a DWC (Deep Water Culture) Hydroponics?

i have always wanted to grow one, because i can never seem to find any decent chronic, so i would like to grow my own.

there is this dude on youtube who (calls himself hygrohybrid) has a technique to where he can grow up to a pound off a single plant.

he uses a 10 gallon bucket rather than a 5 gallon, and uses about 4 air stones per plant.

his channel used to be free, but now he charges, which i don't mind (because i downloaded most of his videos before he made his videos for sale) but if and when i do decide to grow chronic, i am going to definitely pay for the year subscription.

If it's your first time growing, I'd stick with straight soil, mang. There are tons of mistakes the first few go arounds, and if you've ever hung out on ganj forums for the past 10 years, you might remember aaaaall these dudes with huge budgets, who setup some kind of NASA level grow room, but with no experience, leading to shit harvests. Much like learning to mix and make music on a limited setup to master efficiency later on-- unless you learn from the ground up, you're never gonna reach the "1 gram+ per watt" promised land.

If I ever get back to growing, I'm still going soil, but instead of having several plants in respective 1 gallon pots, I'll prolly just have a few (or even 1) in 5~10 gallon pots, long veg, then harvest enough to last me several months. Limited root mass and short veg times are easy to control points that hinder harvests.

...That being said, proper hydro and hydro hybrid techniques are really the way to go for monster growth (if you live in an area where you can acquire proper nutes).

p.s. That vid- mixing super silver haze and sour diesel?!--- fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I tried mixing two different strains in the same joint the other day, result was horrible and had my first bad trip in years.. Anyone else got an opinion on this? It was Northern Lights 5 mixed with Blue Cheese.

cropped-header2013.jpg

never had a negative experience by mixing, maybe you ate some bad taco's

have any of you guys attempted to grow a DWC (Deep Water Culture) Hydroponics?

i have always wanted to grow one, because i can never seem to find any decent chronic, so i would like to grow my own.

there is this dude on youtube who (calls himself hygrohybrid) has a technique to where he can grow up to a pound off a single plant.

he uses a 10 gallon bucket rather than a 5 gallon, and uses about 4 air stones per plant.

his channel used to be free, but now he charges, which i don't mind (because i downloaded most of his videos before he made his videos for sale) but if and when i do decide to grow chronic, i am going to definitely pay for the year subscription.

While hydroponics, when applied correctly in a well constructed and dialed-in set-up can produce some amazing crops --- it's entirely useless IMO. I worked with a DWC and then with an ebb and flow flood-table for a while when consulting for other semi-industrial sized medical gardens and found the whole thing to be the equivalent of making mountains out of molehills. You can achieve larger yields, sometimes. But the hundreds to thousands of extra expense, easily broken parts, water pumps, timers, valves, tubing, nasty nutrients and all that goes into it is a fucking nightmare for what is essentially growing a flowering ditch-weed to the point of ripening before total senescence and death.

I will also point out that a plant is genetically inclined to do what it will, if you have a crappy strain and put it into some crazy set-up and manage to dial it in the first run, you still have a crappy starting point with bad genetics and will have well grown, crap weed. People seem to think hydroponics and aeroponics will grow more potent bud, but that's a misnomer as potency is more about the overall health of the plant and the genetics than the set-up used to grow it.

It's fine and dandy to do a pound off a plant, but when the plant is taking up a 4x4' to 5x5' area and a 1kw light and takes 3+ months of time to vegetate before even flipping into it's 8-12 week flowering cycle, it's technically inefficient to do so... with 9 LST/scrog plants in a 5x5' space with a 1k I have pulled 2.5 lbs with no CO2 supplementation, use of phosphorus-loading chemicals, or anything inorganic. All in soil made from organic material and fed organic air-bubbled teas.

If you pay me, I can give you advice. :emotawesomepm9:

I think Ivan is a bad influence :diablo: Just looking at those beauties I wanna get mashed :yeah:

fedral agent mon, don't take my ganja

i must sacrifice these herbs grown on my unholy soil to please my favorite misfit musick jah's

pliss, i have one ball

Guest murphythecat8

I have had problems with weed for 10 years now. Started at 16 years old and been struggling to stop ever since. Im totally addicted to it. I must have smoke close to 7 years back to back every day if I count all the day ive smoke and put them all together. I have taken really small pauses. 9 month because of a intense therapy when I was a teen, 9 month at 22 and maybe 6 month all in all. so not a lot of pauses for me.

Weed is the worst drug for me, not strong enough to be really fun, but totally addictive because after a while of smoking, sober life suck and is boring, so you need to smoke to be happy. its a really addictive circle for me.

Im 27 years old, and since 25, ive been able to lay it off a lot more. ive done, for 6 month, smoking only once a month. and it worked, until 3 month ago where I started back smoking every day, alld day, from the moring until I pass out like a retard at 8oclock because ive smoked so much.

Sometime I wonder, im I addicted to weed, or im addicted to how much better music sound on weed. I think the later is the good answer.

ever since I smoked a joint and one of my friend made me listen to infected mushroom-noise maker, I have been addicted to the effect that weed makes to music.

IIm meditating more and more and I hope to stop completely one day.

with 9 LST/scrog plants in a 5x5' space with a 1k I have pulled 2.5 lbs with no CO2 supplementation, use of phosphorus-loading chemicals, or anything inorganic. All in soil made from organic material and fed organic air-bubbled teas.

Sweet, dude. 1+gpw is hard, man... For the 9 plant grow, how many gallons per pot?

I've only done small grows, which still took years to dial in. I got like .6~.8gpw. That being said, I had extremely short veg times due to being impatient--- sometimes I went straight into 12/12 from seed. I think most efficiency came from just allowing for full maturity, and since my main was white rhino, I went till trichs juuust started getting amber, to get the result as narcotic as possible. Which strains have you worked with most?

Sometime I wonder, im I addicted to weed, or im addicted to how much better music sound on weed. I think the later is the good answer.

ever since I smoked a joint and one of my friend made me listen to infected mushroom-noise maker, I have been addicted to the effect that weed makes to music.

I think being addicted to anything just gets down to personality. I have a somewhat obsessive/addictive personality, so I tend to stay away from hard shit (plus luckily, I just don't have the interest as I did 15 years ago). But ganj/hash totally suited my lifestyle years ago, which did cause me to be "addicted". If one can use it for productivity, I don't see a problem in using one's "weakness" as one's strength. But if you let such a plant just make you sit and watch cartoons on loop and masturbate for 15 hours a day for months on end, then- whether the substance is there or not- the lifestyle becomes a problem. But really, if one's an artist or can work well high/stoned, that's a blessing! Experiencing life through the lens of Gaia's ganj flowers is beautiful and so much fun. The only way I've found for me, to live a nice non-weed life, is to work fucking hard. It sucks, but that's the only way to get similar endorphin euphoria experiences, from the up and down brain chem rollercoaster Life experience. Emotions go down due to hard work towards productivity- emotions go sky high from the fruits of such labor. The problem with weed is that it enables one to experience such euphoric and BEAUTIFUL emotions and thought patterns, without having to put in any effort. But in that sense, it's great for planning one's life through imagination, because it can reveal in a very smooth way, what one truly desires (like, "I just want to play video games all day"). Ideally, one would use the insight that weed gives to base one's life around (instead of just complaining that one is not living it).

I haven't felt like smoking since May or so. It's weird because I have gotten so much out of it thus far in life. I still love the smell and the way it looks. I even think I'm a little less happy overall, even after starting antidepressants.

I do think I was starting to feel like it was "cheating", because it has the potential to put me in an enlightened/euphoric state. I am a fairly depressive guy by nature, and weed flipped my perspective so effectively. I think it paved the way for me to start recovery by showing me that it was possible to feel better and see things in a way that is joyous and calm and accepting, able to take action immediately when required and able to rest peacefully when appropriate. I was light years away from being able to do that on my own. But after a while I hated myself for not being able to feel good reliably without it. So it stopped helping.

I hope to get to a point where I can use it again to help me find my body and quiet my head. I used to get baked and do yoga, do all kinds of crazy stretches and self-massages and pass out and it was so good for me. But I'm worried I'll just use it as an emotional shortcut again and stay to hate myself for that.

Also I have some increased responsibility at home (little one). I feel like I have to be more on my game. Lack of sleep would make me totally pass out from it too.

This has been an update of my weed status, thanks for listening and be well.

Also if you're addicted and you hate it go to AA or therapy or something. Being addicted sucks balls and you hate yourself. It's so hard to kick it on your own. Get help. Good luck Murphy.

I'm probably fairly unusual for a 20-something in that I have barely ever done weed. What I did smoke never really affected me, so I didn't bother much after that. I wouldn't turn down a spliff passed my way, but I doubt I would ever seek out my own supply

Interestingly I seem to have a lot in common with growers - I grow a lot of my own fruit as well as being a general garden-y type person so I like hearing people's various growing tips. It can get frustrating at times though when I have to explain to people in shops that no, I'm not buying this stuff to grow weed, I really am growing strawberries

Guest murphythecat8

I just bought my first legal bag here in WA -- some durban poison. Too expensive, but it's pretty lol to have a receipt for my weed.

how expensive?

Yeah I just got my 2nd legal bag - got some Blue Dream this time. SO tasty, like blueberry muffins. I paid $54 for 2 grams, definitely steep. But I'm not a heavy or regular consumer by any means, so that could last me a month, especially since I use an MFLB. I feel so much better about having it legally. The whole experience at the retail shop has been so pleasant, and it's great having a selection, so it's worth it to me. I hope the prices drop but I don't want to go back to the black market if I can help it. Plus the price makes me pace myself.

Guest murphythecat8

Yeah I just got my 2nd legal bag - got some Blue Dream this time. SO tasty, like blueberry muffins. I paid $54 for 2 grams, definitely steep. But I'm not a heavy or regular consumer by any means, so that could last me a month, especially since I use an MFLB. I feel so much better about having it legally. The whole experience at the retail shop has been so pleasant, and it's great having a selection, so it's worth it to me. I hope the prices drop but I don't want to go back to the black market if I can help it. Plus the price makes me pace myself.

25 $ a gram of weed.

thats a first.

well they legalize it to stole you guys. stay with the ``black`` market I say. and with those price, I beign to wonder who are the real criminals.

I just bought my first legal bag here in WA -- some durban poison. Too expensive, but it's pretty lol to have a receipt for my weed.

My god man. Come to our shop in Ballard sometime. You look like you have glaucoma and it'd be 2-3 times as cheap... and probably much better :emotawesomepm9:

with 9 LST/scrog plants in a 5x5' space with a 1k I have pulled 2.5 lbs with no CO2 supplementation, use of phosphorus-loading chemicals, or anything inorganic. All in soil made from organic material and fed organic air-bubbled teas.

Sweet, dude. 1+gpw is hard, man... For the 9 plant grow, how many gallons per pot?

I've only done small grows, which still took years to dial in. I got like .6~.8gpw. That being said, I had extremely short veg times due to being impatient--- sometimes I went straight into 12/12 from seed. I think most efficiency came from just allowing for full maturity, and since my main was white rhino, I went till trichs juuust started getting amber, to get the result as narcotic as possible. Which strains have you worked with most?

5 gallons per pot, in square smart-pots with my own soil mix with probiotic and vegan teas being fed throughout. The strain was Dutch #5 (Dutch treat x NL#5) and I vegged the plants for about 3 weeks, it stretches a ton in flower so I basically trained it by super-cropping, topping and LST-ing the plant down to an even 12-16 top bush about 4" below the screens attatched to the pots. Then, trim the branches that were lower than 3 feet of the canopy, put into flower, manage the stretch through the screen. I grow until about 5-15% amber trichomes as they will continue to mature via gas exchange and oxidization for the weeks in drying and curing.

I have worked with well over 50 strains, some culled from seed and selection, some from cuts, but my favorites lately have been GSC (forum cut), True OG, Green Ribbon, Super Silver Haze, NL#5 x Haze, Fire Alien Kush, Gorilla Glue #4, Sugar Daddy and this one I just finished that was gifted to me as "91' afghani" that finishes in 45 days with 20% amber!!!

Most of them are low yeilding unlike the dutch that I did the huge yeild on, but I just love the flavors and effects of the above strains.

25 $ a gram of weed.

thats a first.

well they legalize it to stole you guys. stay with the ``black`` market I say. and with those price, I beign to wonder who are the real criminals.

It's a total shit show, at least in WA. We put the liquor control board in charge of cannabis regulation after those fucking clowns had LIQUOR regulation taken away from them because of how badly they ran it.... so yeah... lets give them an industry/marketplace that has been regulated for decades by the people involved so they can butt on in, shut out the medical cannabis market instead of doing what CO did and used the existing medical marketplace (resulting in millions in tax revenue to schools, roads, ect) , while doubling to tripling the prices per gram as compared to even the worst street dealer, add a ton of needless pork with the law and having the draconian overlording to not allow people to grow their own supply of a harmless, psychoactive, flowering ditch weed while charging the public and businesses involved out the ass.

But cool, it's legal - yay for voting and people not reading things before voting. :cerious:

Eh, I don't go to that place regularly, just happens to be by a normal bus stop of mine. That's the first time I've stopped in. I don't have a medical card, because I don't think I need it for medical reasons... and I don't like lying about medical conditions to get some.

My normal dude is still my normal dude. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what's up in that place.

But cool, it's legal - yay for voting and people not reading things before voting. :cerious:

All the issues you just listed weren't really easily discoverable or even fully hashed out at the time of voting, for better or worse... People (in their own minds) were voting yes/no on marijuana legalization, I doubt many voters took the more obtuse logistics and economics into account (as you did, since you're a member of the producing community). And considering the way WA does other "sin taxes", do these prices really surprise you? I mean since privatization, we get charged like 30% tax on liquor ffs. Cigarettes are $8-10 a pack. Every recreational drug we've got legal access to is taxed beyond all reason out here. Don't even wanna get started on WA tax law and the breaks we give to the wrong people, but yeah. :dry:

Guest murphythecat8

All the issues you just listed weren't really easily discoverable or even fully hashed out at the time of voting, for better or worse... People (in their own minds) were voting yes/no on marijuana legalization, I doubt many voters took the more obtuse logistics and economics into account (as you did, since you're a member of the producing community). And considering the way WA does other "sin taxes", do these prices really surprise you? I mean since privatization, we get charged like 30% tax on liquor ffs. Cigarettes are $8-10 a pack. Every recreational drug we've got legal access to is taxed beyond all reason out here. Don't even wanna get started on WA tax law and the breaks we give to the wrong people, but yeah. :dry:

yeah, thats what happened. it was either you vote to legalize weed or not

I think after time, prices will go down as they will realize that they could sell much much more if they sell it for the noraml street price?

If not, I do not see the point in buying it at 25$ the Gram. its just beyond ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

I pay $20 for a g over here on the east coast, $50-60 for 3.5g's and around 300-320 for an oz., and I get (fairly) decent product, so I feel like the $25 price stamp isn't too out of the question, especially if you're getting top shelf stuff. Although after having spoken to some cats out west and hearing what they pay I can understand why it might be considered pricey.

Archived