IGNORED

DJ Clent Accuses Machinedrum of remaking his song without consent

weakmassive

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole minstrelsy that is footwork's (and most current musics) commercial progression makes me laugh. If it isn't white artists appropriating the 'ghetto' and exploiting a certain style, it's black artists exploiting themselves...

It's a shame that often the original artists and pioneers of certain black music scenes only get recognition through white artists and exposure to white audiences, but at the same time black folks are often the first people to sell their shit as soon as it become capable of sale, the issue isn't often rights and originality, it's just because of financial potential.

But yeah, back to the beat... These chicago niggas are hungry, and machinedrum keeps eating from their plate, instead of eating their pussies...

y'know that's prime juke vocal sampling material right there.

theworldisburningburningburningningningningninglet'smasturbatemasturbatem-m-m-m-masturbatemasturbatet-t-t-t-t-ttttttt /storm of hihats and claps

In short:

1. DJ Clent overreacted and should have been more patient dealing with Ninja Tune and Machinedrum.
2. Machinedrum should have kept his cool and explained he was unaware with more tact.
3. Both keep making music and releasing it.
4. Profit.

I hope the originator of Travis's ridiculous fashion sense gets word of this story and sues him for also looking like a massive bellend.

i just think if MD is going to pillage black culture he should look somewhere besides juke

imo he should consider taking influence from (or just ripping off) something actually good, like 70s era herbie hancock (kinda like squarepusher did with feed me weird things)

instead of eating their pussies...

i thought that was the whole point of Travis totally re-inventing his image and trying to erase his IDM past, so he could do more of that. I hope he's getting ample pussy after that re-branding attempt, if he's not I feel bad for the guy

Archived