IGNORED

Analog Bubblebath 5, Caustic Window LP, and Melodies from Mars for sale on Discogs

coconuthead

also i remember seeing that there were supposedly two versions of MFM, with different track listings, but i only ever saw the one

Before I get too excited imagining a second tape's worth of Melodies From Mars era tracks, are you referring to the Russian bootleg that's missing one of the tracks but otherwise identical?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANAGRAMS :

Lawry DIBEADE

Wildee BARADY

Adlay WEBREDI

Welbie DAYARD

Bailey DEDRAW

Bride WADELAY

Laddy WIEERAB

Abdel WADIERY

Daley WERDIAB

Raddy EBLIEWA

Bradly WAIEED

Bayard WIEDEL

Laddie WEBRAY

Biddy EREALWA

Early WEBADDI

Baily WEREDDA

Radley WADIBE

Bradley DIEWA

Darbee WALIDY

Ewald RYEDIAB

Liddy WERAEAB

Dewie ALYBDAR

Elidad BREWAY

Daryl WEBAEDI

Darbie DELYAW

Braidy ALDWEE

Brady ALWEEDI

Dreeda WYABIL

Elwira DEDBAY

Eldrid ABEYAW

:cat:

'A bride led away'

CONFIRMED

also i remember seeing that there were supposedly two versions of MFM, with different track listings, but i only ever saw the one

Before I get too excited imagining a second tape's worth of Melodies From Mars era tracks, are you referring to the Russian bootleg that's missing one of the tracks but otherwise identical?

yeah don't get your hopes up. i don't remember where i saw that, but i definitely saw some mention of there being an alternate track list somewhere. it probably was just that one of them was missing a track or a few. i remember at one point i searched for actual evidence of the 'other one' and couldn't find anything.

yeah don't get your hopes up. i don't remember where i saw that, but i definitely saw some mention of there being an alternate track list somewhere. it probably was just that one of them was missing a track or a few. i remember at one point i searched for actual evidence of the 'other one' and couldn't find anything.

Yeah, so these then?

http://www.discogs.com/release/221892 < Original

http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Melodies-From-Mars-Unreleased/release/1878914 < Russian bootleg missing track 3

i cant say for sure... it was a few years ago when i saw it, and i couldn't find the mention of it a bit ago when i looked. no idea where i saw it. the info seemed kinda scant from what i do remember, but considering that the tracks are mostly all untitled...

it almost seemed like a rumor that there really wasn't an evidence to support.

anyway i think its funny that mike P had to pop in here just to let everyone know that this isn't him. imo that whole boc tape fiasco was so blown out of proportion.

So let's do a crowdfunding project and get thousands of people to chime in a few bucks to buy that Caustic Window record, and let someone rip it in high quality and then let Mike P. smash the record with a hammer.

No, but if this is legit and coming from Rephlex HQ, this is a really lame move. Not cool.

hey if 900 people pitched in 15$ each we could have it

OR if 10 people pitched in a little over a thousand each...

jesus christ

13frickin grand man, thats nuts. this isn't like some home demo done by elvis. its an underground electronic musician.

anyway, the thought of a handful of people dropping what would still be hefty chunks of change on this thing, and then dealing with the aftermath of that and the big potential for tragedy/drama reminds me of the classic simpsons episode where bart, milhouse, and martin got radioactive man #1.

simpsons-season-2-21-three-men-and-a-com

i'm callin it now, if ppl go in on this thing together, 70% chance they end up trying to kill each other in a tree house and it will become known as the Cursed Window LP.

hey if 900 people pitched in 15$ each we could have it

OR if 10 people pitched in a little over a thousand each...

jesus christ

13frickin grand man, thats nuts. this isn't like some home demo done by elvis. its an underground electronic musician.

anyway, the thought of a handful of people dropping what would still be hefty chunks of change on this thing, and then dealing with the aftermath of that and the big potential for tragedy/drama reminds me of the classic simpsons episode where bart, milhouse, and martin got radioactive man #1.

simpsons-season-2-21-three-men-and-a-com

i'm callin it now, if ppl go in on this thing together, 70% chance they end up trying to kill each other in a tree house and it will become known as the Cursed Window LP.

:mu-ziq: That's exactly what I thought of as well, lol.

That's why I propose it should be destroyed by Mike P.(or Grant maybe) after it has been ripped in all formats properly. Let's do this! :emotawesomepm9:

Interesting - supposedly the only people who have the Caustic Window LP are Mike P, Grant, Cylob, and Richard himself (unless more were given out). I also always thought only 4 test pressings were a bit odd; isn't there a minimum run for a test pressing? At least 10-20 or more?

The Melodies from Mars LP (vinyl) is news to me; I was told it was only on DAT/cassette and while it was considered a follow-up to ICBYD at one point (which later some of the tracks became the Girl/Boy EP and RDJ Album), it never went further than a demo tape passed around WARP/Rephlex bods.

Will be interesting to see if the seller is convinced not to sell these - looks like the world may finally hear the unreleased Caustic Window LP at long last!

Guest Barung

B6Robhk.png

I don't know what to believe, I tend to think that this is probably an "april fools" joke. Also, in response to Joyrex asking about minimum amount of test pressings: there is no real "minimum run", it changes based on the company's services, the lower the quantity of the records pressed, the higher the price. Nowadays there are quite a lot of websites where you can order a private copy (of just one record), services like that may have been avaible in early 90s too (This is just as far as I know).

I also always thought only 4 test pressings were a bit odd; isn't there a minimum run for a test pressing? At least 10-20 or more?

For the vinyls I have released I always got 3 to 5 test pressing copies.

Actually, I did a quick look in my notes (I used to keep extensive notes about stuff... really bad these days), and as far back as 2002 I had CAT087 listed as "Mr. Men Unreleased LP", which Mike P did mention there was to be a Mr. Men release (not to be confused with MEN Records, the Rephlex imprint), but there was no connection to Melodies From Mars (at that time).

Just dropping this in for posterity:

« There are no titles: Untitled. »

It has hand written labels by RDJ (Richard D. James):

SIDE 1 in black marker pen: "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP 33 1/3 SIDE A REPHLEX" in the run out groove: "CAT 023-A1 A PORKY PRIME CUT": There are two tracks on side A,

the first is a subtle melodic grower, with hi q's; pianoish DX sounds & woodwind type synths. Nice but not very immediate.

Track 2 is *much* more like it: Industrial type drums straight out of J5 and the catchiest afx acid line (not 303). Builds and builds with pad sounds & percessive held chords in a spooky fashion.

SIDE 2 Same hand written info except it says: "SIDE B" in black marker pen and in the run out groove it's the same but says side "L" 5 Tracks on B:

Track 1) called "muttley" by Richard.It features samples from "dastardly & Muttley" (Wacky Races Cartoon) starting off with Dastardly shouting "Muttley!" then Muttley the dog going "RashingFrashingWrarraFrarraWrash". Other samples: A girl speaking: "You know I don't even know why you bother talking" and the track ends with "what an utterly fantastical journey" (unknown sample) As regards to the music, it starts with a monophonic synth line doing a percussive riff up 4 notes, joined by another sound a few bars later. Then the drums kick in. Bass and snare from Phloam, sort of metallic guiro and clangs from Schottkey. Halfway through an orchestral string chords sample comes in, and the girl speaking sample appears. It's a great track, very SAW85-92 in period.

Track 2) Happy, jolly little track with high pitched bell-like hihats acid sounds and long square wave bass note. Random dat glitches spice up the percussion. The melody comes from the interplay of tuned bass drum & tuned metal hihats.

Track 3) Wow! This is a treat for fans of SOSW. Starts with Roland R8 hihats, then a marimba melody & the BD Kikkz in with an acidicish line. marimba fades in again. Then a BB1 DX pad in 5ths (lots of reverb) makes it fuckin lush. Drum break then the track restarts with stabs from Audax powder, then acid & marimba. Track ends wth drums.

Track 4) My favourite: Noisey drum loops (Tuned white noise?) acid pokes. Bass drum from Hedphelym or the B-sides to ABB2. Also odd bell like High melodies & metallic sampled melodies! very odd track.

Track 5) Tribal bongos, Quoth Bd kik & "a,aphex-a,aphex"samples. About 1 min. long.

SIDE 3 Handwritten on label: "CW LP side C" and in the run out groove it says; "THIRD REICH VETERANS WILL NOT JOIN VICTORY WAR PARADE. CAT 023 -01" 4 tracks

Track 1) Very simple synth melody & 4/4 kik drum / snare joined later by emotional sounding soft detuned string notes. Hihats and hi Q's join later and lo-bandwidth metallic samples.

Track 2) A very early track. One of the 1st he did. Childish squeaky acid line. Crap piano riff. Redeemed by lush strings & reverb on certain drum sounds, which might have indicated Here was a future talent.

Track 3) Square wave bassline, melodic held acid line, R8 drums. Simple lovely very Aphex.

Track 4) Jazz fusion aphex! Drum sounds similar to Gak. Sounds like Gak in fact except for a low farting bass and muted jazzy piano riff & overlaid solos.

SIDE 4 "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP . side D" handwritten in black on label in runout groove: "CAT 023 - G1 A PORKY PRIME CUT " 5 tracks

Track 1) An ambient track. This was a reject from SAW85-92 and is unspeakably lovely. A monophonic synth weaves around soft flutes to devastating effect. The synth filter opens & closes to emphasise the riff at certain times, & the flute goes freestyle towards the end. Metallic percussion invades the song at times complementing the groovy momentum gathered by the main riff.

Track 2) This is Phlaps off the criminal justice bill comp.

Track 3) This is Cunt off TEX 3

Track 4) This is a phone call between Mixmaster Morris & Scanner. Richard got 2 phones, rang them both (one to Morris, one to Scanner) and luckily they both answered simultaneously. What follows is very funny. Both Morris & Robin think each other has initiated the call and confusion reigns. This increases as a third voice enters the fray (RDJ). Eventually they recognise him as Richard: "If you put the phone down your gonna die.. "

Track 5) Same trick between Chris Jeffs (Cylob) & Michael Paradinas. This time Cylob figures it out straight away but the funniest bit is where he says "I think Richard wants us to talk to each other", to which Michael replies "Oh great..." track (& album) ends.

You can post this info on the joyrex site [...] or wherever. I promised Richard not to let anyone have copies. I stick to that.

Just dropping this in for posterity:

« There are no titles: Untitled. »

It has hand written labels by RDJ (Richard D. James):

SIDE 1 in black marker pen: "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP 33 1/3 SIDE A REPHLEX" in the run out groove: "CAT 023-A1 A PORKY PRIME CUT": There are two tracks on side A,

the first is a subtle melodic grower, with hi q's; pianoish DX sounds & woodwind type synths. Nice but not very immediate.

Track 2 is *much* more like it: Industrial type drums straight out of J5 and the catchiest afx acid line (not 303). Builds and builds with pad sounds & percessive held chords in a spooky fashion.

SIDE 2 Same hand written info except it says: "SIDE B" in black marker pen and in the run out groove it's the same but says side "L" 5 Tracks on B:

Track 1) called "muttley" by Richard.It features samples from "dastardly & Muttley" (Wacky Races Cartoon) starting off with Dastardly shouting "Muttley!" then Muttley the dog going "RashingFrashingWrarraFrarraWrash". Other samples: A girl speaking: "You know I don't even know why you bother talking" and the track ends with "what an utterly fantastical journey" (unknown sample) As regards to the music, it starts with a monophonic synth line doing a percussive riff up 4 notes, joined by another sound a few bars later. Then the drums kick in. Bass and snare from Phloam, sort of metallic guiro and clangs from Schottkey. Halfway through an orchestral string chords sample comes in, and the girl speaking sample appears. It's a great track, very SAW85-92 in period.

Track 2) Happy, jolly little track with high pitched bell-like hihats acid sounds and long square wave bass note. Random dat glitches spice up the percussion. The melody comes from the interplay of tuned bass drum & tuned metal hihats.

Track 3) Wow! This is a treat for fans of SOSW. Starts with Roland R8 hihats, then a marimba melody & the BD Kikkz in with an acidicish line. marimba fades in again. Then a BB1 DX pad in 5ths (lots of reverb) makes it fuckin lush. Drum break then the track restarts with stabs from Audax powder, then acid & marimba. Track ends wth drums.

Track 4) My favourite: Noisey drum loops (Tuned white noise?) acid pokes. Bass drum from Hedphelym or the B-sides to ABB2. Also odd bell like High melodies & metallic sampled melodies! very odd track.

Track 5) Tribal bongos, Quoth Bd kik & "a,aphex-a,aphex"samples. About 1 min. long.

SIDE 3 Handwritten on label: "CW LP side C" and in the run out groove it says; "THIRD REICH VETERANS WILL NOT JOIN VICTORY WAR PARADE. CAT 023 -01" 4 tracks

Track 1) Very simple synth melody & 4/4 kik drum / snare joined later by emotional sounding soft detuned string notes. Hihats and hi Q's join later and lo-bandwidth metallic samples.

Track 2) A very early track. One of the 1st he did. Childish squeaky acid line. Crap piano riff. Redeemed by lush strings & reverb on certain drum sounds, which might have indicated Here was a future talent.

Track 3) Square wave bassline, melodic held acid line, R8 drums. Simple lovely very Aphex.

Track 4) Jazz fusion aphex! Drum sounds similar to Gak. Sounds like Gak in fact except for a low farting bass and muted jazzy piano riff & overlaid solos.

SIDE 4 "CAUSTIC WINDOW LP . side D" handwritten in black on label in runout groove: "CAT 023 - G1 A PORKY PRIME CUT " 5 tracks

Track 1) An ambient track. This was a reject from SAW85-92 and is unspeakably lovely. A monophonic synth weaves around soft flutes to devastating effect. The synth filter opens & closes to emphasise the riff at certain times, & the flute goes freestyle towards the end. Metallic percussion invades the song at times complementing the groovy momentum gathered by the main riff.

Track 2) This is Phlaps off the criminal justice bill comp.

Track 3) This is Cunt off TEX 3

Track 4) This is a phone call between Mixmaster Morris & Scanner. Richard got 2 phones, rang them both (one to Morris, one to Scanner) and luckily they both answered simultaneously. What follows is very funny. Both Morris & Robin think each other has initiated the call and confusion reigns. This increases as a third voice enters the fray (RDJ). Eventually they recognise him as Richard: "If you put the phone down your gonna die.. "

Track 5) Same trick between Chris Jeffs (Cylob) & Michael Paradinas. This time Cylob figures it out straight away but the funniest bit is where he says "I think Richard wants us to talk to each other", to which Michael replies "Oh great..." track (& album) ends.

You can post this info on the joyrex site [...] or wherever. I promised Richard not to let anyone have copies. I stick to that.

where is that from??

Archived