IGNORED

Stephen Colbert Replacing David Letterman on The Late Show

doublename

Colbert probably won't be in character for this, but he's still going to be a witty, cunning mofo. The interviews will still be spontaneous and sharp I'm sure.

I don't know how sharp you can be when there's an hollywood botox bag staring blankly back at you just waiting for the pre-planned question to be asked so that she/he/it can regurgitate the bullshit that their publicist had her assistant write on the way to the airport. This is where craig ferguson can be good, because from the outset he implies that it's an unscripted unplanned interview. They probably won't allow that malarkey an hour earlier in programming schedule.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colbert probably won't be in character for this, but he's still going to be a witty, cunning mofo. The interviews will still be spontaneous and sharp I'm sure.

I don't know how sharp you can be when there's an hollywood botox bag staring blankly back at you just waiting for the pre-planned question to be asked so that she/he/it can regurgitate the bullshit that their publicist had her assistant write on the way to the airport. This is where craig ferguson can be good, because from the outset he implies that it's an unscripted unplanned interview. They probably won't allow that malarkey an hour earlier in programming schedule.

But we're talking about the guy who roasted the president, to his face, without mercy. Colbert don't give a fuck, holmes.

i don't watch television shows with pundits that express political opinions because i don't need some fucking millionaire celebrity telling me what i should think.

But we're talking about the guy who roasted the president, to his face, without mercy. Colbert don't give a fuck, holmes.

Oh, he's gotta be great. I just will miss the scripted political and social comedy. But maybe not the state department enforced digs at official enemies which at times flare up into entire segments about NK or putin or whomever they want to push sanctions on or bomb to hell. And i won't miss the political elite sponsored hot button topic diatribes waging gentle infowar on the minds of the viewers. The mafia use a friend to wack you, the government uses your friend on TV to cajole and deceive you. heh.

Anyway, i look forward to it, i hope that they play with the format a little. I know that 40 or so minutes is a lot of real estate to build houses on so it forces them to have to fall back on interviews to fill time, but i look forward to the segments and bits and hopefully he becomes a killer monologue deliverer. He did also state once that if he was able to do more interviews that he would make sure there were actually people on the other side of the table from time to time that he would actually want to talk to, for both his and the betterment of the audiences sake. We'll see how that works out. hehe. It'll be kaku and a couple of other celebrity minds on rotation no doubt.

Nevertheless he's erudite, witty, a fast thinker and quite knowledgeable, should be a good waste of 40 minutes for every now and then.

i don't watch television shows with pundits that express political opinions because i don't need some fucking millionaire celebrity telling me what i should think.

It's not fox honey, and you're not a robotic fox viewer, if you can't figure it out for yourself what is likely to be right and what is probably bull and are frightened that him stating some officially sanctioned fact might sway your moral core, then you have deeper problems than just not wanting to watch a bit of popcorn television.

Honey is a pretty familiar term. I know people who would take that as condescending and sexist. Personally it makes me feel gross.

Honey is a pretty familiar term. I know people who would take that as condescending and sexist. Personally it makes me feel gross.

really? reealleeleellallee?

Honey is sticky and sweet.

it's wonderful stuff, as is the lovely hoodie, who hopefully should forgive my lack of grace in diction.

(we gonna be down on lovely now too, so many PC trap falls i gotta outfoxnews to negotiate my way outta here.)

g'niet watmm.

i hope he brings the whole Exit 57/Strangers with Candy gang back together at least a few times on the Late Show. Amy Sedaris seems to go on Letterman a lot

Amy Sedaris is so adorable.

I used to watch Strangers With Candy and I never realized that she was actually a cutie in the 1st degree.

The take away from that Colbert video robbie is that Steven didn't wash his hands after having a piss. He just went straight for the fridge and started eating something. I'm aghast at the hygene implications, if i'm ever interviewed he's not clasping my hands with his fetid clammy cess trap. Then again, he's famous for the purell, so perhaps he nuked the bacteria that way, whilst giving his hands a nice even absorption of drunk.

• 1 year later...

wow, that was the worst thing ever. watched the first two. the embodiment of the worst culture america has shat upon the world. the fake joyousness in particular is the worst. I feel sorry for colbert in a way, but he's getting paid so I doubt he gives a shit.

It's very similar to the Report actually. He's having fun, and Trump just agreed to go on. I'll be watching that for sure. He WILL have to kiss a little ass though with some of these celebrities, but that's the business.

i'll watch sometimes if he gets into the groove, we'll see. Once upon a time a long time ago, late night show hosts were one of the only forms of infotainment around so i still have a soft spot for that kind of thing even if i don't watch it, if it works, which noone since craig fergusson has convinced me of, all the new guys have been non comedian, cardboard flavoured wheak flakes™ losers.

wasnt that impressed with the first episode but he did a couple little things over the summer, that i checked out and he's still as funny as ever. guess he's gotta break the new show in.

if you didnt know, monroe is next to detroit and, with no press about it in advance, colbert was given control of a monroe public access middle of the night show one night. he interviewed eminem. it gets good after hes done interviewing the show's real hosts.

also he did a thing on pluto with neil degrasse tyson

Archived