:wub:

thanks y'all!  got one of them recorded at least, working on the others and feeling good about where they're going....glad to hear it's not just me thinking they're on the right track  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, staberinde said:

digging coercer drums, good stuff

thanks ? been a while since i've listened to that one

4 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

Pretty relaxing stuff. Kind of sounds like you're playing it live.

not too relaxing i hope, was trying for a little tension in the middle and the last half. but definitely built on that relaxing basis.

it's fully captured live, it was some combo of previously-live-recorded patterns and live-looped audio as well as definitely some amount of live playing. best of all options is what i was trying for with that batch of tunes it was a part of

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 3:13 AM, auxien said:

just a quick recording of some new shit i'm working on. will delete later i'm sure

Just great, every layer has something to like about it. Lush pads as well. Serannian track is p. lush as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i've been keeping up so far with dronecember, just an excuse to record a drone piece each day and share the results. it's going decent i think...today's ended up a big choral ambient-ish drone but i've been trying out some other sounds too. all tracks are on my Soundcloud, playlist below:

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

couple of recent things recorded while jamming/testing/tweaking/demoing sounds and ideas. may end up somewhere or incorporated with stuff or who knows.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 7:16 AM, auxien said:

https://soundcloud.com/tsrono/fn2t3

recorded a quick beat-heavy jam yesterday evening. needs some mixing.

Hey tsrono, good to see you on here! I like this one. Agreed it needs some mixing, some of the lower frequencies (e.g. the kick) as well as the higher frequency sounds (e.g. some of the percussion hits) could be a bit clearer. Good ideas here though, it has nice balance of atmospheric and beat-driven material

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blinkhorn said:

good to see you on here! I like this one.

you too man! make sure to read the rules :nyan:

and thanks, it'll likely end up getting tweaked and out at some point....who knows when, i've got a lot of stuff to sort through :catsob:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, auxien said:

quick jam outtake, results of about an hour playing in Ableton

digging the little vocal snippets in there. audible but not overdoing it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, exitonly said:

digging the little vocal snippets in there. audible but not overdoing it

thanks! exactly what i was going for, glad it’s working for ears other than mine

5 hours ago, snack master said:

i'm curious about your workflow.  could you talk a bit on what you did with this track?

i wake up before dawn and head down to the beatmines, toil & dig by the sweat of my brow and strength of my own muscles trying to find that vein on premium untapped beatage, each day and each year it’s more and more rare to find some new freshness down in those depths but ‘tis my privilege to live, nonetheless a bane, carrying on the traditions rooted in the depths of these mountains, the source under the heavy earth of the ancient, purest beatore our forefathers’ forefathers only dreamed of in their wildest fevers.

Spoiler

:emotawesomepm9:

it’s always a bit different but in this case: started w/ a custom drum machine in Ableton i built about a year ago, im layering subtle effects on individual drum bits & adding copious randomization to the velocities & trigger chance at this stage of a ‘jam’…for a finished thing i’d likely record out the MIDI and take best beats for further tweaking, or just intricately craft a number of individual bars with subtle changes at each point. i write a few variations of that main drum clip & do some quick follow actions to the clips to prefer moving to another clip…then copying that whole drum kit/track over to a new version of it with heavy changes to effects used/added, tweak the clips of that track to have less chance of triggering…so the two drum tracks are playing ‘the same’ basis but each is a touch different, then effected/routed independently….each is routed into a number of return tracks which are feeding into one master….individual kit sends are going to different return tracks in differing amounts of volume, w/ a number of instances/styles of compression at any/all stages, some gating…i threw in a synth in the last 10 minutes with a jammed-on-my-laptop melodic thing that’s fed in lightly, synth was tweaked a bit, i can’t remember right now which synth i ended up using, it and all effects are stock Ableton Live 11 stuff. custom drum machine is built entirely in Live using Live stock Operators synths.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...