IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at light sabre with broadsword hilt. Just had to go an change it didn't ya, (no I don't care that they change it but logically it does seem to make it more dangerous for the user, right next to his hand, these powerful energy slicey things.

It's completely stupid, but I like the sound it makes. Plus it does make it look pretty violent/badass. The normal lightsabre ain't worth shit visually any more due to it's overuse in the prequels.

Guest Roksen Creek

To be fair, the hilt would stop someone slicing your hand or arm if they slide their sabre down yours.

If you think about it it's odd there was nothing protecting against that in the first place.

The trailer was decent. They seem to have got the aesthetic and feel of the original films better than the prequels did, so that's a start.

I agree with both gocab and rokson, about the overuse of normal light Sabres in the prequels and about a hilt being a reasonable defensive addition. Still though if they were going to have this giant, almost conan worthy hilt. Why not make the actual blade like a broadsword. It seems reasonable to consider that they discussed it in the anything goes planning phases, but stripped it away later when it was thought that all manner of light weapons would deviate too much from the onscreen lore.

Guest bitroast

I agree with both gocab and rokson, about the overuse of normal light Sabres in the prequels and about a hilt being a reasonable defensive addition. Still though if they were going to have this giant, almost conan worthy hilt. Why not make the actual blade like a broadsword. It seems reasonable to consider that they discussed it in the anything goes planning phases, but stripped it away later when it was thought that all manner of light weapons would deviate too much from the onscreen lore.

lol yeah. I think having the little hilt makes enough sense but having little light sabres coming out of them just looks kinda silly.

oh well whatever, film looks cool. 3 new star wars films. no expectations of it living up to STAR WARS seeing as prequels having de-established that fandom.

looking forward :)

Archived