IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet it'll be something that inspires 50 pages of arguments

i think being positive is the best way to go, not negative.

i believe yoghurt is the best way to start the day.

I don't mind logan rock witch.

ff, being a smartarse about it doesn't change the fact that it's an ill chosen sound that's too high up in the mix and so dominates an otherwise pleasant track to the point of breaking it. ;-p

Edit:: tri recons in the syro thread that it all sounds better on the vinyl, I'll have to find a rip for comparison, maybe.

The fact that I read so much how everybody hates Logan Rock Witch makes me like it even more. It just reminds me of a weird segment from 70's bbc children's television. It's supposed to be quirky, eccentric and a bit ridiculous.

ff, being a smartarse about it doesn't change the fact that it's an ill chosen sound that's too high up in the mix and so dominates an otherwise pleasant track to the point of breaking it. ;-p

Edit:: tri recons in the syro thread that it all sounds better on the vinyl, I'll have to find a rip for comparison, maybe.

im sure theres a perfect explanation about this blerping sound, we just don't get it yet. it cannot be something he's forgot or had no other sounds for 4bit, he made it on purpose.

the song is very vulgar in some way, it has samples of splits/swallowing/mouth noises and stuff. like farts or sex - things you do alone and not in public, they are personal and natural, yet everyone acts like thay it doesnt excists. (maybe sex is not perfect example here)

all that shit makes you feel really strange on syro. like he's getting really personal and physical on you. and something to do with WC i imagine. (for the record - im not annoyed with this sound anyhow, i actually like this planned imperfection)

Guest Gravity

The fact that I read so much how everybody hates Logan Rock Witch makes me like it even more. It just reminds me of a weird segment from 70's bbc children's television. It's supposed to be quirky, eccentric and a bit ridiculous.

I didn't know LRW was sorta disliked. I love it.

I also like that sound everyone hates in 4 bit... don't mind it at all. It goes along with the breathing in the track at 2:26. Reminds me of Alspacka.

Every time Logon Rock Witch starts, I hate it and want to skip it. But then 15 seconds in, I'm hooked. I like to imagine that RDJ did that on purpose.

But really, this new shit. I'm thinking it's gonna be a live DJ broadcast, sort of like AE do every few albums. Probably not 10+ hours like they do, but something similar. Or, an AMA hosted here. I really can't imagine what else it could be.

But really, this new shit. I'm thinking it's gonna be a live DJ broadcast, sort of like AE do every few albums. Probably not 10+ hours like they do, but something similar. Or, an AMA hosted here. I really can't imagine what else it could be.

but why warp has to work with logistics then? and why is "the gear"? AMA from richard is gonna be the biggest trollfest ever

i can beleive in nonstop 3-day DJ broadcast he wanted to do. probably will be mix of the year. no new music but still music + aphex

im sure theres a perfect explanation about this blerping sound, we just don't get it yet. it cannot be something he's forgot or had no other sounds for 4bit, he made it on purpose.

the song is very vulgar in some way, it has samples of splits/swallowing/mouth noises and stuff. like farts or sex - things you do alone and not in public, they are personal and natural, yet everyone acts like thay it doesnt excists. (maybe sex is not perfect example here)

all that shit makes you feel really strange on syro. like he's getting really personal and physical on you. and something to do with WC i imagine. (for the record - im not annoyed with this sound anyhow, i actually like this planned imperfection)

Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning behind the sound and take on the track. And know that no offense is meant in my following reply.

I don't care about why a track was created, I just care about what I'm hearing. Concepts are unimportant to me, only the sound matters. This is probably why I recoil at so much of the 20th century's contribution to the 'fine' visual arts, the thesis on the plate besides the painting is irrelevant in comparison to how it effects me visually.

Also that rock witch example was probably a red herring beerwolf, to illustrate a point of difference between the posters ability to digest sound and us lesser mortals, Heheh. So I wouldn't now start thinking that its generally disliked, probably skipped but not hated.

Guest skibby

ok, since the two threads about steinvord have been at the peak of everyones interest, its pretty obvious that the new shit will in fact relate to steinvord.

I agree, a AAA would be a parody. I also think it would descend into farce and insanity pretty quickly.

Sounds great doesn't it? Bring it on lol.

ok, since the two threads about steinvord have been at the peak of everyones interest, its pretty obvious that the new shit will in fact relate to steinvord.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning behind the sound and take on the track. And know that no offense is meant in my following reply.

I don't care about why a track was created, I just care about what I'm hearing. Concepts are unimportant to me, only the sound matters. This is probably why I recoil at so much of the 20th century's contribution to the 'fine' visual arts, the thesis on the plate besides the painting is irrelevant in comparison to how it effects me visually.

Also that rock witch example was probably a red herring beerwolf, to illustrate a point of difference between the posters ability to digest sound and us lesser mortals, Heheh. So I wouldn't now start thinking that its generally disliked, probably skipped but not hated.

those "blerping" noises are just vocals/talking

isn't linguistics just a series of clicks?

I don't know what I'm talking about... half formulated idea.

those "blerping" noises are just vocals/talking

isn't linguistics just a series of clicks?

I don't know what I'm talking about... half formulated idea.

i noticed something...on syro there is links do druksq, right? on drukqs, we have "bit 4" song. and here we have...."4 bit" song. is there any chance that this is the same blurp sound? omg he planned this for 13 years!

I agree, a AAA would be a parody. I also think it would descend into farce and insanity pretty quickly.

3rd'ed.

3rd'ed.

heh

3rd'ed.

heh

Get on it Shelock :)

It's your duty now lol

Archived