IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

Am I the only one who didn't really like the steinvord stuff? It just sounds like DSP+acid exercises to me. No lushness that I would expect from aphex or squarepusher (even in his somewhat throwaway DSP wank tracks).

yes you are

WTF you don't like Steinvon? If you read the previous pages you will see nothing but praise. You are the fool.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who didn't really like the steinvord stuff? It just sounds like DSP+acid exercises to me. No lushness that I would expect from aphex or squarepusher (even in his somewhat throwaway DSP wank tracks).

No you're not.

I can't understand how one could seriously think its RDJ or TJ. Decent copycat yes, but that's it.

Naw. I'm with you. Didn't give me any feels really.

Guest skibby

If you ever thought Steinvord was Squarepusher then it's obvious that you can't see/hear past the DSP and you've missed out on the "essence" of Squarepusher which is his meticulousness, groove and melodic work. Steinvord sounds like a trite copy in comparison. Pointless outtakes at best.

Im sure if Steinvord released something like "I wish you obelisk" you would have said the same. The tracks are not pointless, they have a clear direction. As far style goes, how does Cyg x-1 sound like Squarepusher or anyone else or "an outtake" of something? Try again. You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

Fucking retard. I wish you obelisk is not bad, I've always liked it. Do you know why I know Steinvord is not Squarepusher? Because I have friends from Rephlex. And you're making it into some pissing contest, which is it not. And if it were, I would produce Steinvord back to the stone-age. Please fuck off and die, fanboys. You can't tell shit from shit.

If you ever thought Steinvord was Squarepusher then it's obvious that you can't see/hear past the DSP and you've missed out on the "essence" of Squarepusher which is his meticulousness, groove and melodic work. Steinvord sounds like a trite copy in comparison. Pointless outtakes at best.

You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

So far you've given no evidence as to anything you're saying other than "our ears can't hear the subtleties of aphex and squarepusher" etc so why don't you take a nice giant jump off a tall bridge instead of insulting people here?

Also I can hear several stylistic similarities to SP/Tom's work and could sit here all day pointing you to specific tracks and sections of tracks that confirm this but you're too stubborn and ignorant to agree even in the slightest and make any concession. The point is, you DONT FUCKING KNOW.

None of us do. So assert whatever you hear as fact all you want but don't insult people.

That's because it's a fanboy emulating Tom's sound, and it clearly sounds that way.

hey Impakt,

why was Steinvord released on Rephlex?

why is there a Steinvord speculation thread in the Aphex Twin subforum?

why is Steinvord anonymous?

why did WT7 collapse at free fall speed from just some fires?

i dont really care about steinvord or the argument of who it is behind it, but it's pretty absurd seeing people on either side acting like their golden ears allow them to tell precisely who may or may not have produced this or that track. up to a point, yeah these things can be observed and noted. but that point breaks down well before the point where you can be sure enough to argue about it and assert that someone else just cant hear as good as you. because nobody really knows unless they have info. and im pretty sure that if aphex wanted to, he could produce a track as shitty as he wanted it to be (and again check out the UI series or chaos ad. nobody alive could decipher who was behind those just by listening). or he could just leave tracks raw and unfinished. nobody can possibly tell for a matter of fact that those tracks aren't him just by listening, and anyone who claims they can is just wrong. if you have inside info about it fine but that's why you know. not because of your golden ears. if people who seem to have inside info are saying it wasnt him, i'm inclined to believe that but again i dont really care personally anyway.

but it's like when people at gearslutz do blind tests where people try to pick which piece of equipment matches each .wav that was processed, and AFTER the person doing the poll reveals the answers you have a ton of people who hadn't posted their guesses before, then saying 'i knew this particular file was processed with this equipment.' no you fucking didnt or you would have said so before the results. jesus, maybe these golden ear types ought to be in business, making fortunes off of their ears. detecting crimes by hearing sounds and shit. or finding sunken ships full of treasure by listening to the ocean. instead of just using their amazing supernatural skills to argue about sounds on forums

lol do you not even see the slightest irony that impakt made half of the fake tuss that people thought was aphex when it was coming out on youtube?

It's a little offensive to say "a 15 year old with garageband shits on you" don't you think?

Meh maybe you and impakt have such a good relationship you can knock his shit like that I don't know. Carry on.

Im sure if Steinvord released something like "I wish you obelisk" you would have said the same. The tracks are not pointless, they have a clear direction. As far style goes, how does Cyg x-1 sound like Squarepusher or anyone else or "an outtake" of something? Try again. You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

Fucking retard. I wish you obelisk is not bad, I've always liked it. Do you know why I know Steinvord is not Squarepusher? Because I have friends from Rephlex. And you're making it into some pissing contest, which is it not. And if it were, I would produce Steinvord back to the stone-age. Please fuck off and die, fanboys. You can't tell shit from shit.

So far you've given no evidence as to anything you're saying other than "our ears can't hear the subtleties of aphex and squarepusher" etc so why don't you take a nice giant jump off a tall bridge instead of insulting people here?

Also I can hear several stylistic similarities to SP/Tom's work and could sit here all day pointing you to specific tracks and sections of tracks that confirm this but you're too stubborn and ignorant to agree even in the slightest and make any concession. The point is, you DONT FUCKING KNOW.

None of us do. So assert whatever you hear as fact all you want but don't insult people.

That's because it's a fanboy emulating Tom's sound, and it clearly sounds that way.

confirmed impakt is steinvord

lol jk

The ears hear what they want to hear :emotawesomepm9:

I never named any of the tracks "The Tuss" or spread them as fakes. They were joke tracks made while drunk(posted on XLT) and the lyrics in them make fun of the same people who can't tell the difference between actual good music and bandwagon copycats. The fact that people actually thinks it was The Tuss is a testament to how fucking little they are able to distinguish shit from Aphex.

hey Impakt,

why was Steinvord released on Rephlex?

why is there a Steinvord speculation thread in the Aphex Twin subforum?

why is Steinvord anonymous?

why did WT7 collapse at free fall speed from just some fires?

I don't know WHY it was released on Rephlex, but I have confirmations on who it isn't.

Why is this thread in the aphex forum? I don't know, Joyrex trolling?

Because being anonymous is VERY VERY IDM.

Agreed. Admittedly, I didn't give it a thorough listen; but that's because I was not in the least bit interested in what I heard the first time. I'm not really into to SP though, and am by no means an RDJ fanboy.

Anyway, back to the new shit.

I would produce Steinvord back to the stone-age.

Go ahead!

I have for a long time and I still continue to do. And why are you always passively attacking me PSN? I've never even talked to you, yet you always launch those bitchy remarks at me. Butthurt somehow?

Nope. I agree with you. They are pointless tracks with no composition or melodic content, nothing like anything Aphex or Squarepusher does.

lol do you not even see the slightest irony that impakt made half of the fake tuss that people thought was aphex when it was coming out on youtube?

It's a little offensive to say "a 15 year old with garageband shits on you" don't you think?

Meh maybe you and impakt have such a good relationship you can knock his shit like that I don't know. Carry on.

lol jk

I never named any of the tracks "The Tuss" or spread them as fakes. They were joke tracks made while drunk(posted on XLT) and the lyrics in them make fun of the same people who can't tell the difference between actual good music and bandwagon copycats. The fact that people actually thinks it was The Tuss is a testament to how fucking little they are able to distinguish shit from Aphex.

good point, but I wouldn't call even your joke tracks "shit" because they're good. haha

wonder who added "the tuss" as the artist to them though?

Anyways sounds like you're having an angry morning m8. :sad:

You seem to confuse samples and timbres with composition, please.... Anyone can copy a sound and make bits that sound alike, but it still won't sound like the real deal unless you've got an extreme attention to detail and a good sense of melodic composition. Very few are able to make authentic sounding clones of your WATMM gods, but some do - I've heard it. Steinvord doesn't.

lol jk

good point, but I wouldn't call even your joke tracks "shit" because they're good. haha

wonder who added "the tuss" as the artist to them though?

Anyways sounds like you're having an angry morning m8. :sad:

Every morning is angry when you have to deal with human beings.

Guest iniquity blues

I think it's an AMA. Would make sense.

God I hope He doesn't do that. While Syro is more "straightforward" and "accessible" than your average Aphex Twin LP (the last one had a whole CD's worth of filler piano tracks FFS) and it got its 8.7 on Pitchfork to make up for that legendary drukQsian 5.5, still, saying that redditors are the core of your audience says something to me. Something I don't want to hear.

I think it's an AMA. Would make sense.

God I hope He doesn't do that. While Syro is more "straightforward" and "accessible" than your average Aphex Twin LP (the last one had a whole CD's worth of filler piano tracks FFS) and it got its 8.7 on Pitchfork to make up for that legendary drukQsian 5.5, still, saying that redditors are the core of your audience says something to me. Something I don't want to hear.

has nothing to do with reddit. would be hosted by watmm.

Guest iniquity blues

Ontrack v2 is a great song. That said, much like the Caustic Window LP (anachronistically) before it you can see why it wasn't (formally) released.

If Steinvord is simply "somewhat throwaway DSP wank tracks" I'm always game for more of those because I find it fascinating to hear the mostly-finished stuff that our musical heroes literally "throw away." It gives you an insight into how they go about the process of making the music.

lol jk

hahaha brilliant. btw i've always liked your stuff! <3

Archived