IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning behind the sound and take on the track. And know that no offense is meant in my following reply.

I don't care about why a track was created, I just care about what I'm hearing. Concepts are unimportant to me, only the sound matters. This is probably why I recoil at so much of the 20th century's contribution to the 'fine' visual arts, the thesis on the plate besides the painting is irrelevant in comparison to how it effects me visually.

Also that rock witch example was probably a red herring beerwolf, to illustrate a point of difference between the posters ability to digest sound and us lesser mortals, Heheh. So I wouldn't now start thinking that its generally disliked, probably skipped but not hated.

i agree with you, music comes first. but what i also love about idm (and richard in particular) is all this little puzzles and funs all around. like that random noise in windowlicker/equation track, that appeared to be picture in spectogramm, or 3rd track from 2 remixes by afx, where it is a coded photo of steinvord, or looped sample of diarhhea on bubblebaths, or talking about shit for a couple of minutes. so aphex.

i remember sitting and trying to descipher druqks track names and other anagrams of his, when friend told me "hah, it's just a buch of random letters". in the end, i was so excited to find they were in this ancient cornish language. concept of naming the tracks by texture pictures, strange numbers or leaving everything untitled was always cool for me, like "wow it's different". all these details...

and syro, being the reccap of everythings he's done, of course will contain these elements. it would be so boring if it was just a bunch of perfect tracks with perfect tunes all in same maner. there had to be 180db and anastasia, so different, and these blurps, and vulglar whore samples, and farting on the kick in marchromt, and that 1 minute track, the purpose of which is still unsolved

i think Music is not only about music after all. look at rappers - it's not just songs and notes, it's way of life. mettalheads, punks, emos, goths, hipsters etc. Music also brings culture and mythology with it. When you know the backstory you appreciate music differently. When i listen to early jungle, i know it's kinda crap compared to todays standarts, but it wakes special feeling in me because i love that time so much and i know that guys were pioneers etc.

but music still comes first. if there's no good music, then nothing, even clever track names, will help it. hope you not tired reading =)

I'm no steinvord expert but from the 2 songs I've heard it seemed almost unmistakably Squarepusher to my ears. Almost like outtakes from the Ultravisitor/ Go! Plastic era.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

:whistling:

we shall see soon enough!

:whistling:

2enxab9.jpg

Wait... what? StephenG is Steinvord?

*mind flops inside out like a sock*

Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning behind the sound and take on the track. And know that no offense is meant in my following reply.

I don't care about why a track was created, I just care about what I'm hearing. Concepts are unimportant to me, only the sound matters. This is probably why I recoil at so much of the 20th century's contribution to the 'fine' visual arts, the thesis on the plate besides the painting is irrelevant in comparison to how it effects me visually.

Also that rock witch example was probably a red herring beerwolf, to illustrate a point of difference between the posters ability to digest sound and us lesser mortals, Heheh. So I wouldn't now start thinking that its generally disliked, probably skipped but not hated.

i agree with you, music comes first. but what i also love about idm (and richard in particular) is all this little puzzles and funs all around. like that random noise in windowlicker/equation track, that appeared to be picture in spectogramm, or 3rd track from 2 remixes by afx, where it is a coded photo of steinvord, or looped sample of diarhhea on bubblebaths, or talking about shit for a couple of minutes. so aphex.

i remember sitting and trying to descipher druqks track names and other anagrams of his, when friend told me "hah, it's just a buch of random letters". in the end, i was so excited to find they were in this ancient cornish language. concept of naming the tracks by texture pictures, strange numbers or leaving everything untitled was always cool for me, like "wow it's different". all these details...

and syro, being the reccap of everythings he's done, of course will contain these elements. it would be so boring if it was just a bunch of perfect tracks with perfect tunes all in same maner. there had to be 180db and anastasia, so different, and these blurps, and vulglar whore samples, and farting on the kick in marchromt, and that 1 minute track, the purpose of which is still unsolved

i think Music is not only about music after all. look at rappers - it's not just songs and notes, it's way of life. mettalheads, punks, emos, goths, hipsters etc. Music also brings culture and mythology with it. When you know the backstory you appreciate music differently. When i listen to early jungle, i know it's kinda crap compared to todays standarts, but it wakes special feeling in me because i love that time so much and i know that guys were pioneers etc.

but music still comes first. if there's no good music, then nothing, even clever track names, will help it. hope you not tired reading =)

No I read it all, maybe I'm just too dumb to enjoy (what to me is) all that peripheral stuff, I was attracted to this music by sound alone, what it does to my heart, my body and mind. I can laugh at a jokey musical reference too, 'oh he put that early dnb reference in there and did that with it, hah', although not at toilet humour, although if that diarea loop sounds lush I'm into it. heh.

That said i did enjoy the equation picture thing and all that stuff, and a nice filmclip or design, hmm nwae too much headache, sorry for this pointless reply, you enjoy what you enjoy man, all the best. ;-]

Very late to the Steinvord party. Untitled 9 is ridiculous. Now I'm not so certain its all Squarepusher. There are some very aphex-y things going on in that one.. especially that little melody towards the end. Amazing.

Steinvord is NOT Richard... kid from Spain, etc. Just because his sound was influenced by Richard/Tom, does not mean it's them.

Also - I haven't heard back yet on "the new shit", so I have nothing to report - yet. When I do, you'll know... sorry if I jumped the gun by saying anything so soon - I thought things would move a bit faster, but Richard's a busy guy these days.

steinvord is autechre doing drum and bass confirmed

also can you throw us some belly button prolapsing meat hint that us maggots can feast on for a while?

edit: 2 joyrexxx

delet - and to you ;)

let's rename all of the threads "steinvord". and subforums. actually, or how about "we are the steinvord speculants" / "WATSS"?

ok maybe not that far, but at least can we have steinvord wednesdays? i'll bake a cake, stepheng orders pizza boners

joyrex announces that new steinvord is gonna be a steinvord, mastered by steinvord in steinvord, with a contest of winning your own steinvord. hurry up! - it's limited to 97 steinvords and one special steinvord-covered with steinvord.

I like the cut o yo jib Mag

steinvord boner pizza cake wednesday's imminent.

but yeah sorry to drag the steinvord convo into this. Hopefully we hear something in the coming weeks.

Steinvord is NOT Richard... kid from Spain, etc. Just because his sound was influenced by Richard/Tom, does not mean it's them.

Also - I haven't heard back yet on "the new shit", so I have nothing to report - yet. When I do, you'll know... sorry if I jumped the gun by saying anything so soon - I thought things would move a bit faster, but Richard's a busy guy these days.

I would be stunned if Squarepusher had zero to do with Steinvord. 'Maelstrom' sounds soooo much like him. Every little subtlety in the production screams him. If this is a kid from spain.. he is by far the most impressive copy cat I've ever heard. He studied Tom's sound to a tee. I would love to hear what he sounds like expressing himself instead of creating studiously exact reproductions of Toms sound.

Oh I see. Remember that one time Richard talked about his schizophrenia? Well I bet Steinvord is his other half, Ricardo.

These two people who grew up in the same body make very similar music when subjected to the same environment! Crazy shit.

Archived