IGNORED

Great Songs That Are Far Too Short

Bechuga

Should be a crime for good songs to be short, like that OPN Nobody Here song. You wanted it to go on forever but it lasted barely a minute or two...this is a thread for those too short gems.

[youtubehd]Y2WCGDd7wbI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]bkmhnEAPbCs[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ybGOT4d2Hs8[/youtubehd]

BONUS: Someone sped up Perlence Subrange 6-36 400% so it's far too short now at only 11 mins :<

[youtubehd]ZEBbpthTbMM[/youtubehd]

Should be a crime for good songs to be short, like that OPN Nobody Here song. You wanted it to go on forever but it lasted barely a minute or two...

A fellow watmmer thought the same, so he made this:

http://youtu.be/43zOwm34hqQ

contribution:

There's a GBV song I specifically would put on playlists because it was both good AND almost 3 minutes long

That punk track from Blur could have been longer (and no I'm not talking about Song 2 here !)

Also, I'm always gutted when this Prefuse 73 track comes to an end :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMjNg4HftMw

Btw guys, do you know the Infinite Jukebox website ? Allows you to play a song for as long as you want by making connections between similar moments of the track, it works quite nice usually, you should try it !

Can I whine about a part of a song too?

Depeche Mode - "The Landscape Is Changing" from 3:19 till the end is far too short. I could listen to it for tens of minutes in loop with some climax gradation.

I also thought "Roygbiv" by BOC was too short but changed my mind after couple of listens.

Dabrye's "In Water" could be longer too as it is a really hypnotic and trippy idea.

Dabrye's "In Water" could be longer too as it is a really hypnotic and trippy idea.

I immediately thought of Dabrye before even reading this thread

(Fucking THIS):

All else equal though I'd rather have something be too $hort than overstay its welcome

Flashbulb - Stinger

A Flashbulb track that I genuinely like (a rare thing) but also one of his shortest. Another minute would be nice

Perlence Subrange 6-36

lol

My 2 cents, If you make many of the tracks longer, they'll no longer be as great & keep you coming back for more. I used to feel that way about certain tracks, but in the end, they wouldn't hold the same timelessness as the original length. (Roygbiv for instance). Less is more sometimes.

I'm more of a "wish that part went for 4-12 more bars" kinda guy. The 'bridge' in "Tundra" for instance.

Archived