IGNORED

Richie Hawtin pushes stage monitor on female fan after filming him

awepittance

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was once speaking to kode9 when he fall flat on his arse on a slippy bit of concrete in our afterparty spot. it was both awkward and hilarious because i was too drunk not to burst out laughing. not really relevant but whatevs.

serves him right for never acknowledging Scorn's influence

However, I thought everyone knew already that Hawtin was a huge narcissistic dick?

narcissistic dick maybe is a given, just based on his public persona. but sociopath who cares not about the consequences of pushing a huge stage monitor towards a female fan? honestly had no idea about that
naw, you're reading to far into it imo.

don't get me wrong, it's not great. but it didn't look that bad. i don't see why this is a big deal really.

i didnt look that bad to you or a few others in here, but it looked bad enough that it became news headlines... so yeah there's that
cmon robbie you're cynical enough to know the news is full of shit, this doesn't really prove anything

i agree, that was a terrible argument, still though i am disturbed by it.

yeah it's a douchey act for sure and could have been worse. actually that's the worst part for me, not what happened but what easily could have happened. he didn't seem to care either way.

loves me some plastikman, though. has there been much worth checking out from the last decade from richie though?

I'd say nothing... Maybe his Plastikman comeback album, but I'm not really feeling that. Not like the old classics, obviously.

Sad to see this guy ruin his status this way, not worth it.

1395421_10152892876091354_90029453011036

What an asshole.

Also, his music is quite boring.

Well if he's an arsehole with boring music, just imagine how much that makes his fans then probably deserve monitors dropped in their direction, given that they show up to an event to hear boring music played by an arsehole.

What a tit!

The video clearly shows he gives the monitor a real good shove but wtf, is this trial by iphone video? Whatever happened is between him and her, he could easily argue she'd been winding him up all night and tbh there's no proof so it'll always be his word against hers.

But Jesus. Who the fuck does he think he is, what's with the hands behind the ears business, what's with the I am a God without actually doing anything skilful.

Like I said. What a tit!

lol aaron would have probably just thrown a beer bottle like a normal pop star, the contents excluding it's container perhaps, to be nice. Then again there's so much going on how would he have time to be pissed at some camera girlenator.

I can see Tom berating a fan with incredible verbosity whilst slapping the shit out of a six-string fretless. And wearing lilac chinos.

There's already the Squarepusher / Pommepusher incident (which is maybe even worse than Hawtins incident) , so this isn't that farfetched :emotawesomepm9:

whats strange about that thrread is that absolutely everyone in it agrees with the idiot trying to take a photo of the 'pusher even after he explicitly denied the request. i would fuckin hate strangers trying to take photos of me all the time simply because ive made a couple of albums. im also being completely hypocritical cos i did get a pretty awesome photo of me with eyes like absolute dinner plates with the 'phex a few years back

whats strange about that thrread is that absolutely everyone in it agrees with the idiot trying to take a photo of the 'pusher even after he explicitly denied the request. i would fuckin hate strangers trying to take photos of me all the time simply because ive made a couple of albums. im also being completely hypocritical cos i did get a pretty awesome photo of me with eyes like absolute dinner plates with the 'phex a few years back

Yeah that struck me too (never heard of the pommepusher incident until just reading that thread). The guy seems like a massive tool.

squarepusher once reviewed his own albums on amazon, about 12 years ago. cringeworthy stuff. richie hawtin is a fragile bell end. what kind of pillock pushes a speaker on a girl in front of a huge audience? retirement beckons.

whenever I read a thread on xltronic i feel like im a middle aged man who married a boring woman encountering a funny beautiful but now institutionalised slut he once fucked when he was in school and fuckin breakdown in tears

This has likely already been ruminated over, but does it make any difference whether the 'fan' was female or not?

yup otherwise everyone would be like HAH get rekt idiot LOL what a douche etc

Archived