IGNORED

Richie Hawtin pushes stage monitor on female fan after filming him

awepittance

Real dickish move, though what's with all the people being on stage nowadays anyway ? People filming it for an official release, sound crew etc. I get, but what's with random people being up there armed with their phones - what's meant to be the point of it ?

Boiler Room mentality

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real dickish move, though what's with all the people being on stage nowadays anyway ? People filming it for an official release, sound crew etc. I get, but what's with random people being up there armed with their phones - what's meant to be the point of it ?

Boiler Room mentality

That and Hawtin has managed to get an audience that is at his gigs just to be seen and couldn't care less about actually having a good time. Now it seems that people go to events to document their presence there and not there to actually enjoy and experience the event itself.

Boiler Room mentality

That and Hawtin has managed to get an audience that is at his gigs just to be seen and couldn't care less about actually having a good time. Now it seems that people go to events to document their presence there and not there to actually enjoy and experience the event itself.

Boiler Room mentality :cisfor:

tumblr_ndqmjnwLol1tl7j2uo1_500.gif

Maybe he was just a little bit off his tits on drugs.

tend to agree. he seemed a bit "off".

And honestly, how much do you have a camera in your face recording you if not performing?

Out on the street most people would think you're just a middle-aged blond hipster barista heading to your job at your local indie coffee shop.

Maybe he was just a little bit off his tits on drugs.

and he just wanted to destroy something in that moment. i don't think he wanted to hurt anybody but, yes, he was careless

Wait, so you're not really responsible for your actions if you're off your tits on drugs? In a place you were hired to work in? I don't think so. If you can't handle yourself, don't put yourself in that position.

the creepiest thing in that vid is him moving like a lizard.

4Nb5n0j.jpg

Tried and failed to care about any person in that video but it did make me wonder what it would look like if Future Islands guy pursued a DJ career.

Wait, so you're not really responsible for your actions if you're off your tits on drugs? In a place you were hired to work in? I don't think so. If you can't handle yourself, don't put yourself in that position.

and i agree with you

Boiler Room mentality

Boiler Room mentality :cisfor:

tumblr_ndqmjnwLol1tl7j2uo1_500.gif

Stunning.

But that drop though

perfect!

concerning the incident. yeh, well wtf. surround yourself with enough yay-sayers, actually begging for screams of the audience (lol, what a tosser), and just being a general fucking twat of a human being, well jesus, what do you expect?

I_AM_INVINCIBLE_by_iaminvincibleplz.jpg

his plastikman output was pretty wicked, but ever since he became richie hawtin, started hanging with the cocoon crowd, he became a massive twat (villalobos and vath are the same though. most of the superstar dj's are, and you know it).

Moral fags. Finally something interesting in a DJ set happens. I don't sympathise for this chick unless she's crippled, i recall a story when Suicide's Alan Vega saw office clerks during Suicide concert and went off to beat them unwinding his heavy chain above the head before somebody yelled "it's Kraftwerk" to stop him.

However, I thought everyone knew already that Hawtin was a huge narcissistic dick?

narcissistic dick maybe is a given, just based on his public persona. but sociopath who cares not about the consequences of pushing a huge stage monitor towards a female fan? honestly had no idea about that
naw, you're reading to far into it imo.

don't get me wrong, it's not great. but it didn't look that bad. i don't see why this is a big deal really.

i didnt look that bad to you or a few others in here, but it looked bad enough that it became news headlines... so yeah there's that

Archived