IGNORED

Richie Hawtin pushes stage monitor on female fan after filming him

awepittance

I've seen justifiable outbursts or reactions by performers on stage to things like beer bottles being thrown, destruction of musical equipment, etc. In this situation I can't understand the justification, and combined with his bullshit brimming with narcissism apology it's beginning to convince me the guy is actually probably a fucking dick. thoughts? (edit: the way he turns around and shrugs after audible screams from the audience is ultra creepy too)

official apology from his facebook account

Regarding the incident at Time Warp in New York this weekend which is being posted and talked about on the web, I would like to apologise here to the girl involved. It was not my intention that the speaker fell. Only to nudge the monitors in her direction and for her to understand that perhaps she had filmed enough. I was as surprised as I'm sure she was when it moved the way it did and the top speaker fell off of the stack. For that, I'm extremely sorry and embarrassed about what happened. This was never my intention. Sometimes being in the middle of the spotlight, continual cameras and glaring iPhone lights, things can get stressful and frustrating. I'm sorry that this frustration took an unexpected turn and took away from anyone's experience of Time Warp. I have tried to reach the girl to apologise personally but have not yet been able to track her down and will continue to try to contact her.

"hey guys, i only meant to push a large physical object in the direction of a female fan, i never meant to DROP that large physical object on top of her" i mean that's basically what this asshole is saying, and this is coming from a huge plastikman fan. very disappointed

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did seem surprised that the monitor tipped over in that fashion.

It hardly dropped on top of her, from the topic title I thought that a monitor had literally fallen on her head from a stage.

However, I thought everyone knew already that Hawtin was a huge narcissistic dick?

Wunderground ran a fake story saying he got arrested for it.

http://wundergroundmusic.com/richie-hawtin-arrested-for-assault-on-kuvo-employee/

Actually, they just ran another story on it today:

http://wundergroundmusic.com/funktion-one-to-fit-anti-richie-hawtin-device-on-all-speakers/

However, I thought everyone knew already that Hawtin was a huge narcissistic dick?

narcissistic dick maybe is a given, just based on his public persona. but sociopath who cares not about the consequences of pushing a huge stage monitor towards a female fan? honestly had no idea about that

Guest jasondonervan

If it was a male fan it'd have been okay cuz real men can catch that monitor and throw it back.

WATCH THE MONITOR, PRIK FACE

I dunno, I can see how it could be truly unbelievably stressful to have a haircut, mix records for your fucking job, and dance side to side a little bit at the same time. Surely, any man would crack under the pressure doing that night after night.

Do you guys think he really wanted to injure or even kill one of his fans right in front of a live audience while he was being filmed? He overreacted alright, but what happened is clearly not intentional hehe.

i don't think that even crossed his mind, but what's going to happen when pushing a giant heavy object towards someone? I mean he's not a little kid right? he surely understands the consequences of what might happen if that speaker tips over, or falls on someones head.

Guest bitroast

"I would like to apologise here to the girl involved..

200_s.gif

I don't really think it's entirely my fault and it was her fault for filming."

Real dickish move, though what's with all the people being on stage nowadays anyway ? People filming it for an official release, sound crew etc. I get, but what's with random people being up there armed with their phones - what's meant to be the point of it ?

Guest bitroast

Real dickish move, though what's with all the people being on stage nowadays anyway ? People filming it for an official release, sound crew etc. I get, but what's with random people being up there armed with their phones - what's meant to be the point of it ?

Yeah totally. I can agree with this.

his actions actually do make sense tbh.., it's just the way it was handled afterwards + apology that is less agreeable..

Archived