IGNORED

Post Your Psychedelic Companion Music

Adieu

This thread is simple. Music you think is compatible with psychedelic experiences. If you feel the need to do so specify which one, or any particular about your suggestion do so, otherwise, just post music here. The purpose of this thread isn't to talk about psychedelics. It is for the music that seems to compliment them. I'll start...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDd02TTxBA

snares,

wesley willis,

hair stylistics,

some random classical music you've never heard by beethoven or schubert or mozart or bach or someone like that,

aphex,

melvins,

any music from your childhood maybe (if your ok with awkwardness or still like it),

francisco lopez - O Parladoiro Desamortuxado/Qal'at Abd'Al-Salam

chris watson - Outside the circle of fire, Stepping Into the Dark, Weather Report, Storm, Cima Verde

if you're into this sort of thing:

corrupted - paso inferior (if you're into that kind of thing)

the dry lungs series (not every single track/album but most of them)

Guest murphythecat8

It depends on the compound and the dosage.

on anything very powerful or a high dosage, I become very sensible and prefer ambient or smooth idm over everything else.

but, for ++ experiences, I will like all sort of things.

Proem- socially inept

kettel- when can, volleyed iron, my dogan, ect.

the cure-disintegration

Bvdub

dinosaur jr- I make a list of favorite. All his smooth song touch my soul directly on a psychadelic. something about this guy that I just cant get enough.

miles davis- especially his 73 band. most impressive and special to have ever been. on the corner and all the unrealesed sessions are a must

secede

coltrane- anything between 61 to 64. I will prefer all his smooth songs like: welcome, psalm, the alum ballads, africa, naima, love, the album crescent. I find the combination of elvin jones and coltrane out of this fucking world on a psy. he really touch me profundly.

I tend to listen to those. I used to love are you shpongle, but I grew out of it.

but honestly, most of the time, I either listen to kettel, proem or dinosaur jr. thats all the music I really need on a psy.

'O'Rang - Herd of Instinct

probably one of the most psychedelic albums I've heard

I'm pretty sure they were all high as fuck, a lot of the effects and vocal styles remind me of the way acid affects perception

That O'Rang album is fantastic! Too bad it's so difficult to come across a CD copy of it.

It actually got re-pressed on vinyl last year, so you may have some luck! I bought a copy of their second (and better, imo) album 'Fields And Waves' on vinyl on discogs a few years ago.. the prices have doubled since I bought it, ungh!

edit: tripled, fuck! this is like Broadcast and The Focus Group all over again (bought it new for $18 four years ago, now it goes for $140)

I listened to this while I was tripping. It was very interesting, I'm not sure I would recommend it for everyone though. It got pretty intense during the latter half. I found Incunabula to be a very good tripping record too.

mouse on mars, siriusmo, eno albums, certain jazz artists (depends on the drug)... mostly i like to work on my own music while i'm tripping though, be it by jamming or composing... i'll admit I can't usually precisely click on things in a DAW while going through something like that but muscle memory is usually still intact!

i'll also add that while i find most party rap enjoyable for the lols if nothing else, i usually find hip hop pretty lame while tripping... even classic heady indie stuff like aceyalone or cannibal ox... just too much bravado that feels lame and obligatory in that genre, i dunno

Yeah I was thinking Colundi would be very nice as it has a really nice sound quality to it. it is also very atmospheric at some levels and very uplifting during others.

Pretty much anything by Matt Hillier:

[youtubehd]iiX4Alt3TPo[/youtubehd]

Leaving Records is full of lo-fi trippiness:

[youtubehd]6ybtz1JuKIY[/youtubehd]

Wanda Group/Dem Hunger will mess with your head with some of the sounds he uses:

[youtubehd]pQe_pMDoxfY[/youtubehd]

Bardo Pond, pretty much explicitly written with psychedelics in mind:

[youtubehd]AFfuFPHVwvA[/youtubehd]

Also Voafose or the Vibert/Simmonds records are full of freaky effects:

[youtubehd]AMM-NN5HG2Y[/youtubehd]

alwaze luv'd the hafler trio on pscycledlx bak in yoof, but nowadaze, were i2 venture forth in psychles' deli car again, perhaps wood liek 2 hear cluster & enos, Liumin Reduced by Deepchords,

or mbe 'Blue Lands' by DOPO ;

http://www.monocromatica.com/netlabel/releases/tube157.htm

tube157_460.jpg

Archived