IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

51 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Why did he need to make extra cash by running guns? Unless he was trying to arm a militia or sumthin.

IMG_4634.jpeg

$120k a year is boat money, not yacht money. gotta hustle up that extra to live the big life

happy 500 pages of The World viewing America

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, auxien said:

$120k a year is boat money, not yacht money. gotta hustle up that extra to live the big life

happy 500 pages of The World viewing America

boat money in arkansas maybe. most places it will be maybe enough to afford a starter home 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

before the right wing civil war is the ring wing insurrection against itself 😁

it’s already well underway outside of the Twitter grifters in the halls of Congress. R majority in the House is about to be 1 fuckin member, saw that Murkowski in the Senate isn’t discounting leaving the R party…

but the Twitter Civil War is gonna plenty funny from the outside too. i’m all for it.

35 minutes ago, auxien said:

it’s already well underway outside of the Twitter grifters in the halls of Congress. R majority in the House is about to be 1 fuckin member, saw that Murkowski in the Senate isn’t discounting leaving the R party…

but the Twitter Civil War is gonna plenty funny from the outside too. i’m all for it.

sam seder and emma had a good analysis of this: these particular conservatives see everything through the lens of capitalism (and thus, business) and another reason why they're so competitive against one another

• Like 1

"Disneyland exists in order to hide that it is the “real” country, all of “real” America that is Disneyland (a bit like prisons are there to hide that it is the social in its entirety, in its banal omnipresence, that is carceral). Disneyland is presented as imaginary in order to make us believe that the rest is real, whereas all of Los Angeles and the America that surrounds it are no longer real, but belong to the hyperreal order and to the order of simulation. It is no longer a question of a false representation of reality (ideology) but of concealing the fact that the real is no longer real, and thus of saving the reality principle." - Baudrillard, 'Simulacra & Simulations' ,1981

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

sam seder and emma had a good analysis of this: these particular conservatives see everything through the lens of capitalism (and thus, business) and another reason why they're so competitive against one another

that wasn't as cringey as i'd expected. money's a key thing for them always for sure, but when the money runs into the supposed 'moral sphere' they're portraying (that week/month/year) then things can be a problem. i have little doubt that the fact Candace is a woman (and likely that she's a woman of color, as well) was a key problem for at least some, if not all, of them. whether or not they'd ever admit that (or if they even realize it) is another thing.

Any of you in Baltimore? That bridge situation is terrifying. I thought it was fake when I first saw it. 

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Hi Guys said:

Any of you in Baltimore? That bridge situation is terrifying. I thought it was fake when I first saw it. 

Very terrifying! Imagine driving over a bridge and then next minute you in your car are going headlong into the water. Still a developing story apparently on how many people have died. Also read that the Port of Baltimore is a top 20 in America in terms of cargo traffic and that this bridge is a big part of that (it is the beginning of distribution routes after the shipping containers come into port), so this will probably impact the city & distribution of certain goods throughout the mid-Atlantic negatively for some time.

• Sad 1

Havana syndrome back in the news. American personnel have been victimized. Survivors say that a foreign power is coordinating these attacks, but the federal government insists that no, this is not some Havana syndrome, it is rather a few cases of 'anomalous health incidents' (AHIs for short): https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68706317

"They may have been targeted by Russian sonic weaponry"

wtf is sonic weaponry ? 😂

1 hour ago, decibal cooper said:

Havana syndrome back in the news. American personnel have been victimized. Survivors say that a foreign power is coordinating these attacks, but the federal government insists that no, this is not some Havana syndrome, it is rather a few cases of 'anomalous health incidents' (AHIs for short): https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68706317

wtf is sonic weaponry ? 😂

if you watch the 60 Minutes piece, which is reasonably long and full of info, they go into that a bit.  I have meniere's and some of symptoms are similar but others totally different and it's strange that this has happened repeatedly to agents working on russia related cases. they talk about one of the cases as well. 

as for sonic weaponry.. things of this type have long existed.. the weapons riot police use for example. easy to see a more focused and smaller version being capable with more $$$ and newer tech. 

also, i had atrial fibrillation and how they correct it in suitable candidates is they go in through the arteries in your legs w/tools attached to wires/tubes controlled by actuators. the doctor is sitting there w/a controller in each hand directing a camera and another tool that has a handful of different devices on the end. these are "force sensing" devices so they know how much force they are applying and when they're applying pressure etc. 

so, what they do is they use high frequency radio waves to burn parts of the inside of the heart to keep the electrical signals that control the heart from jumping out of their "path" or tract or whatever it's called.. because atrial fibrillation is caused when the electric signals jump lanes and give the heart bad directions on what to do.  all those signals are supposed to happen in sequence or specific times so when they jump out of their path the rhythm gets interrupted.. but burning around them they create scar tissue which keeps them from getting out of their lane.. or so is the plan. i had this corrective procedure in 2018 and once before that in 2010. 

the ability to use high frequency radio waves for weaponry is a thing. it exists. think of it like focusing a microwave the same way a spotlight can be focused. 

^^^ that's from the GAO general accounting office of the federal gov't. the pentagon spends a shit load of money annually on all kinds of direct energy weapons. 

also, police use them too. 

edit: here's the 60 minutes piece that all the news stories are quoting. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

there's a chunk of Neal Stephenson's book "Fall or Dodge in Hell" that takes place in such a seceded state in the USA that's based on religious doctrine/extremism and it's hilarious and kinda terrifying. also, he said when he wrote this book.. trump got elected snd he realized this chunk of the book wasn't crazy enough and he had to rewrite it or it wouldn't make sense. so, he reads part of it in this talk.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ignatius said:

there's a chunk of Neal Stephenson's book "Fall or Dodge in Hell" that takes place in such a seceded state in the USA that's based on religious doctrine/extremism and it's hilarious and kinda terrifying. also, he said when he wrote this book.. trump got elected snd he realized this chunk of the book wasn't crazy enough and he had to rewrite it or it wouldn't make sense. so, he reads part of it in this talk.. 

That was great - and a very interesting update to the book (which was also great). The idea of curated social media feeds is basically happening right now with the algorithms, though they aren't quite as extreme as in the book yet.

If Trump gets convicted and serves prison time (big ifs I know), do you think we'll see a receding of such public displays of racism and bigotry or will it get even worse?