IGNORED

Where to buy Analord WAVs?

hisaac

I mean, the clue is in the name. The whole concept was that it was 100% analogue, live, recorded to tape. There are photos on the artwork of analogue gear, references to them in the track titles. There is the distinct and unmistakable sound of spring and room reverb throughout(that would have been difficult to fake via vsts in the early 2000s.) There are alt. takes of tracks like Halibut Acid and Reunion2 which are clearly him improvising around similar structures with the hardware. Theres the stop-start sound of live gear being triggered on various tracks. Rich has gone on to use similar techniques with the Cirklon on later releases. Now I have never used Reason, but I can't imagine even Richard with all his pranking would go to these extreme lengths to try and fake all this stuff just to make it all on a computer. (Not that I even care how it was made, it's just great music.) What would be the point?

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

23 hours ago, Key said:

I mean, the clue is in the name. The whole concept was that it was 100% analogue, live, recorded to tape. There are photos on the artwork of analogue gear, references to them in the track titles. There is the distinct and unmistakable sound of spring and room reverb throughout(that would have been difficult to fake via vsts in the early 2000s.) There are alt. takes of tracks like Halibut Acid and Reunion2 which are clearly him improvising around similar structures with the hardware. Theres the stop-start sound of live gear being triggered on various tracks. Rich has gone on to use similar techniques with the Cirklon on later releases. Now I have never used Reason, but I can't imagine even Richard with all his pranking would go to these extreme lengths to try and fake all this stuff just to make it all on a computer. (Not that I even care how it was made, it's just great music.) What would be the point?

So please explain Chosen Lords

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oscillik said:

uhh.. chosen tracks off analord? is that your argument for it being made with software?

Edited by chronical

2 hours ago, oscillik said:

? 

Who gives a monkeys about it being some analogue created concept that should only be listened to on vinyl. Fucking whatever ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

I bet 97% of people who have it on vinyl listen to it via the YouTube rip. Maybe 93%. Possibly 92.5%. But no less than that. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, oscillik said:

Chosen Lords was for all the butthurt whiners who didn't have a turntable.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2023 at 7:34 PM, beerwolf said:

I bet 97% of people who have it on vinyl listen to it via the YouTube rip. Maybe 93%. Possibly 92.5%. But no less than that. 

I'd think most would have also bought the digitals back in the day. When the rephlex shop was up and running. That was around 2009 I'm guessing.

32 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I'd think most would have also bought the digitals back in the day. When the rephlex shop was up and running. That was around 2009 I'm guessing.

i think i was the last one to buy analord 1-11 and the bonus tracks in march/april of 2014. the next day or so the rephlex shop closed down. were they waiting, ha:) :aphexsign:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Yes. I bought them myself, but I thought it was 2010. Can't remember.

• Like 1