IGNORED

New Year's Eve...what to bloody do

BCM

i hate new year's eve these days and generally speaking can't be arsed with the whole stupid debacle. but i guess I've got to do something. perhaps.

so far I've narrowed it down to a pub about 3 minutes walk from my house which is having a 1920s themed evening, DJ and free bottle of champagne with your booking. not really into any of that but it is very close to my house... apart from that i could invite a couple people round and get srivi, go to a mate's house in balham, or just stay in and forget about the whole thing.

what's anyone else doing?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>UK NYE is generally shit yurp. everyone tired and bored. i think the number of depressed people at this time of the year is underestimated.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>last year i went out with a girl who had just recently become quite rich and she paid our way in to all sorts of exclusive parties over the night,and nobody seemed to be having it (usually never any good for spontaneity either). ended up at a warehouse rave in the morning that was full of fighting teenagers. partly i reckon cause getting laid is expected on NYE there's some sexual frustration in there too.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>edit: but yeah all the awful people with no clue how to have fun are out,so fuck it.. and somehow i never get that drunk,i guess because of the bad vibes</p>

Well NYE is also my birthday. Which I really fucking hate with a passion (not my birthday lol but being on the same day as fucking nye) as my birthday celebrations generally get steamrollered and just get forgotten about heheh. Anyway I can feel an essay coming on so I'll cut to the chase. I spent (almost) decades worrying about having some great big magical night in the center of some ultra-cool universe. That is bollocks, but you may think otherwise. Though it's true.

I'll be having a few early beers down the local with a few good friends. Come 8pm we will have to get the fuck out the pub because the morons will start appearing lol (bit of an exaggeration but you get the jist) ...Just go with the flow after that. I like going out for a bicycle ride or go fishing on New Years Day and a nice lunch with my family, so I'm usually not too fucked up.

i like that everybody is generally of the same opinion - ie not being too worried about it and realising it's an expensive overrated waste of time...staying in is looking good!

Hookers and blow and ky wrestling.

No but seriously just stay in. I know that's what we're doing this year. Have a few close friends come by, have some snacks and a few drinks and play some card games or something.

indeed, especially after christmas...all I've been doing lately is drinking and eating too much...bit fed up of it to be honest...

Same here. I've had some ridiculous benders as of late.

With any luck I'll be in the desert

while on acid

Archived