IGNORED

X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

Founders Mutation - Much of what Rubin stated. Felt better than the 1st episode, but that ain't saying much. The product placement of the new Ford Explorer was lol. They displayed it's front end camera twice for the sole purpose of showing the feature of the vehicle to consumers. Pathetic really. Yea, the Kyle kid was in the 2nd shot, but c'mon xfiles.

I miss the non-product placement and as someone with a nostalgic tendency who watched the original series decade+ after the fact recently, I like seeing the cars they drive in the mid-90s, which were then new: really dull Oldsmobiles, Fords, Lincolns, etc. Almost all of those are now in junk yards or barely running.

It wasn't so much the vehicle as the actual incorporation of a new feature of the vehicle in the episode aimed directly at consumers. 180 degree Front end camera. It was laughably bad. it was this...

40 secs in.

[youtubehd]fakTNw56mw8[/youtubehd]

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 2: Jeez, the robo-dialogue is getting worse, not better. Even Skinner sounds like he's just reading a text book, c'mon Chris Carter you can do better than that.

episode 2 was written by and directed by james wong. obviously chris carter is showrunning and should receive most of the blame, but you'd think wong would've written and directed a better episode considering he wrote some of the best episodes from the show.

anyway, another mediocre episode. even though they tried to return mulder and scully back to basics it just felt tired and a little contrived (had trouble believing older mulder in that role. like his passion is gone and he's just now doing things just to get them done. i don't feel his "need to know the truth")

the flashbacks were probably the most annoying part of it all. the absolute worst part is when scully said "do you miss william?" then suddenly she's experiencing a flashback. and the kid the picked was also annoying. i don't get how some people enjoyed this

Episode 2: Jeez, the robo-dialogue is getting worse, not better. Even Skinner sounds like he's just reading a text book, c'mon Chris Carter you can do better than that.

episode 2 was written by and directed by james wong. obviously chris carter is showrunning and should receive most of the blame, but you'd think wong would've written and directed a better episode considering he wrote some of the best episodes from the show.

anyway, another mediocre episode. even though they tried to return mulder and scully back to basics it just felt tired and a little contrived (had trouble believing older mulder in that role. like his passion is gone and he's just now doing things just to get them done. i don't feel his "need to know the truth")

the flashbacks were probably the most annoying part of it all. the absolute worst part is when scully said "do you miss william?" then suddenly she's experiencing a flashback. and the kid the picked was also annoying. i don't get how some people enjoyed this

this guy aint having it

Tom Siebert · San Diego, California
Gord Walpole -- It felt old school, but in a tired and played out way. It feels much more “TV-like” than the original series ever did in its heyday, and the dialog clanks. There’s been no satisfying explanation of why the heck the X Files even got reopened, and no scene where the dynamic duo get officially reinstated — last night we were just tossed right back into another, typical case, and it felt incongruous.
The characters aren’t acting like they experienced ten years of weirdness previously, and are falling into old tropes that don’t fit what they’ve gone through. And the flashbacks to William — which aren’t even real flashbacks, but idealized fantasies — are a waste.
Overall, nothing feels right. The writing is bad, the cinematography very standard, the editing a mess. Just not qualty television by a long shot, and a huge disappointment.

Tom Siebert ·

i totally agree with that guy. it just doesn't feel like it's working (at least to me). it's got the same actors, the same writers, same scenario, but it's like they've just lost whatever made it work.

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/blog/2016/take-a-peek-into-our-x-files.html

the 90's made it work amirite

I'm watching some of it online on the fox website. FOX network are douches bc back episodes of the x-files is like the only thing i've failed to find on youtube (completely ignores fox news channel). Seriously all you can find are like TRAILERS for each season and one or two tv commercials and like mulder and scully music vid

I'm only 15 minutes in or so so don't ask me my opinion. I WANT TO BELIEVE it's good

i hope twin peaks new episodes don't suck

well the 3rd was full camp and a lot of fun

seeing scully's cleavage and her fake 50s era-esque bimbo sex talk made this entire 6 episode run worth it

scully has nice titties, i would have never guessed it. back in highschool a friend of mine was passing around a picture of her he got from the internet with her tits out, obvious 'shop. good fun.

didn't work for me. i know they were going for the jose chung from outer space type of camp but it just wasn't funny. the only time i laughed was when

mulder is talking to the hotel manager and he says "please leave. otherwise i will have to kill you." and goes back to drinking rubbing alcohol and mulder casually leaves

only good thing about this episode:

Favorite supporting cast so far - Rhys Darby stood out above all the others but Kumail Nanjiani, the stoner couple, the perverted motel owner, and the truck stop hooker were all funny. Dug the whole plot reversal role angle. That tombstone was a nice touch too. I loved the absurdity of the whole episode.

Also, are horned toads that obscure? Must be a Texan thing to know about the blood eye shooting. It seemed funny Scully was so skeptical of it as an explanation (I guess that was the joke)

only good thing about this episode:

Can't...stop...w.w.watching...gaahhh

THE BOOBS ARE OUT THERE

well the 3rd was full camp and a lot of fun

seeing scully's cleavage and her fake 50s era-esque bimbo sex talk made this entire 6 episode run worth it

Watch Hannibal (the tv series) - really good, and loads more of that (she is in Hannibal).

never seen such garbage in a long time, its like a B-movie with good effects

good fun episode, the x-files have always had a b-movie vibe in a lot of episodes, so i think they are playing with that. lol mulder's ring tone for example, alot better then the taking it self too seriously first 2 episodes. It feels like they need more time to adjust back into the roles

good fun episode, the x-files have always had a b-movie vibe in a lot of episodes, so i think they are playing with that. lol mulder's ring tone for example, alot better then the taking it self too seriously first 2 episodes. It feels like they need more time to adjust back into the roles

but it's only 6 episodes long and they have 3 more left. i think they're just trying to fit the entire aesthetic of the show into the 6 episodes (the fun shows, monster of the week, on-going conspiracy theory mythos). only the next episode is not written by chris carter, the next two are so they're about to unadjust from their roles again

but it's only 6 episodes long and they have 3 more left. i think they're just trying to fit the entire aesthetic of the show into the 6 episodes (the fun shows, monster of the week, on-going conspiracy theory mythos). only the next episode is not written by chris carter, the next two are so they're about to unadjust from their roles again

is this 6 episodes for certain? or might they make more if it's popular?

Archived