IGNORED

TO RICHARD D. JAMES: THANK YOU!

indulin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First we had the INCREDIBLE Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 EP, then the sudden rushup of this HEROIC DOSE of classic/new AFX material on soundcloud (the single most powerful and inspirational act by any prominent recording artist so far this century).

What a year 2015 has been!

Thx AFX, and congrats for 30 yrs of brilliant music. Here's to 30 more!

Cheers for all the awesome tracks, Rich! :music::music::music::music::music:

V. grateful for you taking the time and putting the energy into sharing them from your epic stash of gems. A savvy move, well played. I'm feeling well inspired to create and, for that too, I'm truly thankful.

Massive kudos!

yeah thanks rich! amazing effort and generosity.

it was interesting to read the interview with steve beckett, where he said -afx thinks he's done a lot in a campaign if he's done 5 interviews, and it's nice to see how little you can do and still reach a wide audience. not sure if that was a joke but came across a little snide?? it was an incredible build up to Syro with CW kickstarter (helped by watmm, but still rich gave it the go ahead) and then standard promo interviews with the press, then the syrobonkers interview with great insight into some of his process and thinking, an ep and a motherload onto soundcloud with some random comments. i'm sure i missed other stuff , point is it's next level for an artist who was previously intensely private to open up and engage the way he has.

He thought about this shit, and is trying a different approach..i'd rather that than knocking out 50 run of the mill interviews like U2 or coldplay

uapzxrB.jpg

Cheers ears. It's very much appreciated. Sharing an awesome insight with likeminded musical peeps, and more music than we could have wished for. I feel the loving embrace of the ginger god, and it's fuzzy and warm. Long life to you.

I am going to go to Bleep and re-purchase Aphex albums I already own physical copies of so I feel less weird about getting all this incredible stuff for free.

thank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richardthank you richard

Thank you Richard for letting us in to your full creative expression, it's beautiful, inspiring, moving, fun, scary, badass and more. Lots of respect for holding onto your ideals and not selling out to the highest bidder.

Looking forward to what is in store!

:catrecline:

Archived