IGNORED

Blanck Mass - Dumb Flesh

QQQ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the last FB album was great, nice epic walls of sound, was disappointed by the last Blanc Mass, only played it a couple of times, hopefully this will be better. Liking that cover too, reminds me of Rubber Jonny

I agree about the last Blanck Mass album. I felt like it should have been something I'd like, but it just didn't stick. But this track is banging. It's kinda what I was expecting from Slow Focus.

I'm fascinated with the cover. Can't tell if it's been shopped or not, and if it hasn't been well that's just super cool.

doesn't sound at all like blanck mass to me, so for those of you who didn't like the last one (i kind of did) then this one might be for you - especially if you like the beats of FB (which i don't) as it's sound more like brutally straightforward dance floor oddness.

reminds me of vsnare's Meathole cover too

41ts2WVGbrL.jpg

still, hell of a track, very excited about what else is on it. it does pretty much just sound like another Fuck Buttons track tho, not that that's a bad thing.

• 1 month later...

Can't have a VHS Head influence, Dead Format's actually a good tune.

I love it actually, listened to it a lot. Hopefully not so much that I'll be bored of it by the time I hear the album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stream the full album....

https://m.soundcloud.com/sacredbones/sets/blanck-mass-dumb-flesh-full-album/s-xUtxr

One word review so far: dark

I'm liking this, sounds very Fuck Buttons but a bit glitchier, I'm a real sucker for processed vocals too. Also the limited edition LP apparently comes with a human tooth, gnarly.

Yeahyeahokay this is fucking decent! Atrophies is great. Cruel Sport is xxxxtra creamy too. Will report back after full listen.

Edit: holy shit cruel sport A+++

Listened to the full thing now. Incredible album... As good as any Fuck Buttons release. Everything after and including Atrophies is amazon.

Just had my first listen, me like! Not quite as full on as Slow Focus which is no bad thing. I agree about Cruel Sport being an initial highlight.

I wonder where they got 250 human teeth from for the limited edition?

This is an excellent album. I've listened to it a lot over the last couple weeks, sounds glorious on good headphones too. It really appeals to my love of industrial and video game music.

Possibly better than Slow Focus and Tarot Sport? Let's see how it holds up over time.

Stream the full album....

https://m.soundcloud.com/sacredbones/sets/blanck-mass-dumb-flesh-full-album/s-xUtxr

One word review so far: dark

I dont find it dark at all. i would even say uplifting

Yeah ive definitely changed my mind. But I was streaming it through my phone speakers.

I picked up the clear vinyl yesterday (sad face: no teeth included) - going to give it a run through tonight.

Archived