IGNORED

AFX speed change

cern

So after listening to the Red Calxes, I've checked out Selected Ambient Works Volume II at twice the speed. This does quite plausibly sound like how some of the tracks may have originally been made, especially [Rhubarb] and Blue Calx. Possibly At the Heart of It All, too. Incidentally, the intro to [Weathered Stone] at twice the speed sounds like a pretty tasty jungle style break...

Film slowed down to 50% is pretty great. Started messing around with audacity just to have a reversed rhubarb, and been having a lot of fun with some of the tracks. 5 just fall asleep is also interesting backwards.

*edit also love DiskHt All Prepared sped up to 45. Totally new track for me.

Although I'm not too keen on slowing them down beyond recognition like the majority of YouTube efforts out there.

"Hello this is my version of windowlicker and I think it is best. I have used paulstretch to make it 4 hours long."

Although I'm not too keen on slowing them down beyond recognition like the majority of YouTube efforts out there.

"Hello this is my version of windowlicker and I think it is best. I have used paulstretch to make it 4 hours long."

Exactly. It could be any tune by this point!

There are some obvious afx tracks that sound great at the wrong speed but how many are getting pulled at the seams to -75% for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

ab4 cuckoo at -50%

ventolin crowsmengegus mix at +100%

ventolin at 45rpm increased

peek 824545201 at -50%

btoum-roumada at 33rpm reduced

come to daddy backwards

and if you're feeling adventurous, get out yer audacity and use "split stereo track", and just add a bit of silence (0.1 to 0.5 sec works well) to the start of one channel. you will NEVER hear 54 cymru beats the same fucking way again.

Archived