IGNORED

RIP Terry Pratchett.

pcock

DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.

rip :(

Love Discworld, haven't read the last two books yet. That's going to feel a bit sad now.

I think my favourite small plot line in the entire series was the wizards going feral and tying bandanas round their heads to go and shoot fireballs at the shopping trolley creature.

Sad times.

I remember discovering The Colour of Magic while at secondary school then becoming totally hooked on his world. Absolute legend (onna-stick).

Must admit I have not read many of his recent novels but I will endeavour to do so.

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

R.I.P, sad news. The covers to his books always blew me away when I was small.

I tried reading some Terry Pratchett when I was a wee lad but I could never get into it. Whats a good book to start with?

Guards! Guards! and Mort are two of my favourite books by anyone, and his work influenced me into writing myself so I'm very sad to hear he has gone, although somewhat relieved that he did not have to live with his alzheimers any longer. Still, given the choice, I'd rather have had him around for a bit longer.

RIP Terry

I never really got into him as a kid but my dad is a fan. I might give it another go. I really "enjoyed" his TV show about Dignitas/assisted suicide. I had tears streaming down my face when watching that - so moving.

RIP Terry

I've only read Mort and it was a great little world to immerse yourself in. There was a documentary about him and how he dealt with his alzheimers whilst still writing books. It was interesting and sad how a talented person as himself, relies on his mind to craft his work. Credit to him for that.

RIP.

I used to read one Discworld novel per week when I was younger. Had a big pile of them at home. Gave them to my friend some years ago.

I read a couple of discworld books and loved them. My favourite of his was something about computers, had a dinosaur on the cover but can't remember the name. Vivid memories.

RIP.

Archived