IGNORED

"Skam Records inaugurate their Kasm imprint"

awepittance

https://bleep.com/release/60037-the-fear-ratio-kasm01

first release is by The Fear Ratio a project between Mark Broom and James ruskin

sorry if this has already been posted, apparently Skam has launched a sub label imprint focusing on weird techno sounds starting with this release. sound pretty good so far

Samples sound promising indeed. Bring it on!

*Moved from the AE subforum, I assume there's no connection?

does AE have nothing to do with Skam anymore? I thought at least one of them was still involved in operations and choosing which releases to put out

Yes! New Skam (new imprint and all) coming at the best possible time for me. I'm really in 'Skam mode' at the moment. Been listening to the SMAK series all week last week. Very excited!

Something in 'FRT3' reminds me of a sound in 'Rauchen' by N.M.B. Allstars.

huh... bit weird to start an imprint when the actual label doesnt seem to release anything save a few reissues here and there.

BUT WHATEVER I LOVE SKAM AND THEIR GRAPHIC IDENTITTY

very high quality use of effects and nice club sound system style mixing/mastering, i'm intrigued but need to hear some full tracks from this before decided. from the shortness of the samples it feels like it could have a little too much of that shackleton style atmosphere > catchiness vibe. track 3 is sounding the best.

edit: listening to some earlier stuff under the same moniker, the ambient / sound design centric tracks on here are awesome. They remind of some of the better aspects of Actress with much more professional mixing and engineering

just read this on their site:

A New label – Kasm –
Will be a series of ten 10”s.
The first in the series is by THE FEAR RATIO
Written & Produced by Mark Broom & James Ruskin
Available in all good record shops now
Initial pressing of 500 copies / digital coming very soon...

​our collective wallets are fucked!

Yeah I like the sound of these, definitely. A 3 track EP is simply not enough though! GIMME MORE

album incoming in May
Awesome. Will wait for the album. Can't get sucked into buying a load of expensive 10" discs....

I wouldn't wait for the album, if I were you. This is a fucking tasty 10", and I doubt these tracks will appear on the album. At the very least, source the digitals when they're available. Arel (side B) is a scorcher.

Samples sound promising indeed. Bring it on!

*Moved from the AE subforum, I assume there's no connection?

does AE have nothing to do with Skam anymore? I thought at least one of them was still involved in operations and choosing which releases to put out

First time I've heard of this actually! Seems very likely though, but it's hard to pinpoint how much they are involved with this new project (if at all), hence the move :)

Anyway, great to see a whole new series coming up for this. I'm also probably going to wait for a complete digital (album) release though.

Archived