• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just built these tank cars for the LEGO train to go around the christmas tree:

U5uJzrn.jpg

sU1yRG3.jpg

XKMFNSq.jpg

YivffG9.jpg

ZevXvHu.jpg

Those are amazing - I always have had a LEGO train fetish, and those tank cars are spot on!

Also, with the Star Wars hype going around, I found this Millennium Falcon MOC to be the best I've ever seen:

23314587653_644400fe5e_k.jpgMillennium Falcon (Starwars VII) by marshal banana, on Flickr

Those are amazing - I always have had a LEGO train fetish, and those tank cars are spot on!

Thanks. My original design was to build a black tank car for flammables, the ones that usually carry crude or ethanol or gasoline, but apparently the large curved bricks which form the main body of the tank are very rare in black. I had a hard enough time finding enough in white.

QUxrW7T.png

Thanks. My original design was to build a black tank car for flammables, the ones that usually carry crude or ethanol or gasoline, but apparently the large curved bricks which form the main body of the tank are very rare in black. I had a hard enough time finding enough in white.

QUxrW7T.png

The Maresk shipping containers are spot-on as well!

I'm really trying not to dig out my LEGOs and start building again... I have little free time as it is.

QUxrW7T.png

The Maresk shipping containers are spot-on as well!

I'm really trying not to dig out my LEGOs and start building again... I have little free time as it is.

The Maersk train was an official set that I got a few years back, and it's pretty good, but I've been wanting to design and build these tank cars for a while now. Luckily, I found some clear labels at work that I used to print the decals

how are those Lego trains? I've wanted to get a tree going around my tree every year. my mom gave me my old Lionel set from the early 80s but it needs some work. I can't decide if I should pay to have that fixed up and give it to my son or to start a new tradition and get him Lego trains.

how are those Lego trains? I've wanted to get a tree going around my tree every year. my mom gave me my old Lionel set from the early 80s but it needs some work. I can't decide if I should pay to have that fixed up and give it to my son or to start a new tradition and get him Lego trains.

No, LEGO trains - I mean, look at this awesomeness:

51qhADdiXCL.jpg

This was my first LEGO train set:

a28091a8d847818a85abd555ebaf4364.jpg

The new Lego trains are pretty good, but it gets expensive after you have to buy the separate power functions and the track.

That 7722 set was my first Lego train set, too. I still have the locomotive and tender built still, but the rubber parts around the wheels have gotten old and cracked.