IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

And if you needed any more convincing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFIjSCkMqrc

I believe the 70s-80s Engines are powered by a ton of Double AA batteries, but maybe the new ones are LiOn? Joyrex do you know? You guys are seriously making me consider buying a set for next Xmas.

If they made a Moon train or Star Wars train, the argument in my mind would be over, lol

The new trains are powered by a rechargeable battery module that you build into the locomotive. Then you control it with an IR remote. My old 7722 ran off of 3 C batteries that you stuck in the tender car, and the on/off switch was on the tender car itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFIjSCkMqrc

I believe the 70s-80s Engines are powered by a ton of Double AA batteries, but maybe the new ones are LiOn? Joyrex do you know? You guys are seriously making me consider buying a set for next Xmas.

If they made a Moon train or Star Wars train, the argument in my mind would be over, lol

They made a space monorail back in the 80s:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6990_Monorail_Transport_System

I wanted that thing so bad when I was a kid.

Guest Chesney

Man if they sold this set I would totally buy it, def one of the coolest ship designs in the prequels:

89CB5921-7592-442C-904B-FFBFA46B2A34_zps

Lol duh duh duh duh

Nah it was one of the never ending list of cringey things that ruined the prequels. Star wars made ships believable, the millennium falcon? A piece of shit but really believable so why did they create an even more futuristic ship for the past? They were more focussed on proving what they could do with the new cgi than making the story and it's elements work in the story. AND, even flight of the navigator got mirror finish looking better 30 years ago. Sorry to piss on your chips ;)

I have a lego truck and speedboat to build with my lad at some point.

The new trains are powered by a rechargeable battery module that you build into the locomotive. Then you control it with an IR remote. My old 7722 ran off of 3 C batteries that you stuck in the tender car, and the on/off switch was on the tender car itself.

Yep, 3 C batteries. That is one of the problems with the LEGO trains; they've changed how they run over the years, so if you have sets from different eras, you have to retrofit them.

I'm discovering that, I think I'm gonna go with an older 9v setup, at least for my first working train. My goal is to have one at each of my parents' houses for Christmas with the fam.

I also want to retrofit the Lone Ranger Constitution Engine with a motor, but according to the forums, it's a little involved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest bitroast

i want some star wars lego. why it have to be so expensive. always wanted a good sized mil falcon or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...