IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

Yeah, that's them. I had to buy Café Corner and Green Grocer from scalpers cause I was late to the game, so those two cost me an arm and a leg, but luckily I could get the others for more or less MSRP. My favourites are Brick Bank and Downtown Diner -- BB just looks stunning, and DD was a great build with lots of amazing techniques. Both are highly recommended, but I think BB just got retired.

Still on the way home from Paris  (Aphex!), will try to take a few snaps when I'm back.

• Like 2

These make me pine for the days when I was 14-15 and had a 6' x 8' board on a tabletop and had my LEGO city on it in my room...

I had an airport, train station, gas stations, rail crossings... it was soo fun to build

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

More pieces but $100.00 less than the Millenium Falcon released last year...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're in Europe, there's a Spanish store called El Corte Inglés that has 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon, the biggest Lego set of all time, for €595,30 (30 % discount) incl. shipping.

Deal

Still a lot of dough for 13 kilos of plastic, but I doubt it's gonna get much cheaper, so get it while the gettin's good.

Edit: Aaand it's gone!

Edited by IDEM
Price even lower now

14 hours ago, Joyrex said:

"The English Cut"? Sounds like a store where they would primarily sell butter knives...

I believe it's "The English Court", which sounds just a bit more majestic. ?

• 3 weeks later...