IGNORED

Super Mario Maker 1 & 2

Squee

2 hours ago, QQQ said:

i prefer using the controller, although it does take a little while to get used to.

I bought a super cheap capacitive stylus because using the controller was the worst! It’s so much easier and faster with the stylus 

^^^^^ good to know. i'll hit up a big fat loike on any levels posted from here on.

my first levels:

Sawfire House: DGP-RJ3-X1H (SMB)

a short level built around dry bones and saws.

Thwomp's Cavern: SXF-9GV-Q4G (SMW)

a challenge level using thwomp's and switches.

• Thanks 1

• Joyrex changed the title to Super Mario Maker 1 & 2

This was quite original, I played it the other day.

Looks like the person who made it made other temples from ocarina of time, gotta check those ones out for sure!

the changes made in how levels are discovered is pretty sweet because it means you can actually play online random levels and get pretty good stuff pretty easily this time round ?

19 minutes ago, yekker said:

so i should try new courses not most popular?

nah nah. depends on what you want. 

Popular courses have a billion Likes and Plays and are probably going to be fun (or made by a streamer with a large following). 

Hot Courses i think, are new levels that have a small number of plays and handful of likes so are probably fine to play. 

New Courses is levels that NO plays or Likes, so it's the wild west of mario maker and most likely going to be a lot of unplayable trash. But you'll be doing someone a favour who's out there wondering ??why is noone playing my level??. 

and then there's Endless Challenge, which only pulls from Levels which have Likes (which would be similar to Hot Courses i think, sorted into a difficulty based on clear rates). 

~~~

i think Endless might be the way to go if you're just wanting to play levels.

Edited by bitchroast

Spring Sprang Sprung: QMY-KCG-K2G (SMW)

using night time on airship makes certain items and enemies act like they're underwater, but lets Mario move as normal. i used it to create some dexterity/puzzle-esque challenges. check em out!

On 7/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, bitchroast said:

i find the level editing on the handheld to be totally fine. you can't input items onto the screen with the buttons; you have to use the touch screen. so you're going to have to get used to holding the switch with one hand and poking at it, but also holding the switch firmly enough to be able to use the buttons and L and R shoulder buttons. i reckon the Wii U input with the gamepad and stylus was faster and snappier, and this is slower. but it's not by any means broken or terrible, you just need to find a way to 1 hand the thing comfortably + get used to being slower and patient with it. i haven't used it with a stylus yet but i imagine that will improve things considerably. 

I picked up this Digiroot stylus for $11 and it works great on Switch, the microfiber mesh tip won't scratch, and helps clean the screen.

IMG_5630.JPG

6 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I picked up this Digiroot stylus for $11 and it works great on Switch, the microfiber mesh tip won't scratch, and helps clean the screen.

IMG_5630.JPG

i got official nintendo one and it looks similar to that fat spongy one. making levels is no doubt easier with the pen.