IGNORED

NAMM 2016 : The thread

d-a-m-o

agreed on elitism. obviously i can't say with any certainty what op1 should cost but of course it'd be nice if it was cheaper. i lucked out and found a price mistake at a local reseller and got a new bundle w/$100 headphones for $664 shipped.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways.

anyone picking up namm stuff?

waiting on the new pocket operators and a minilogue to get here

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone picking up namm stuff?

waiting on the new pocket operators and a minilogue to get here

Grats! You will have to let us know how the minilogue treats you.

I'm waiting for the volca fm to be released . Was considering a 0-Coast, but I don't think I really need that atm.

in the process of selling off stuff to justify these purchases. sold my microbrute to a friend for a good price. can't decide whether or not i want to unload my machinedrum. trying to lose my volca keys too. looking forward to some finger waving from my wife when the mini shows up ;)

dunno..

nothing of this really tickles my fancy, the Volca FM maybe, because it looks very tweakable.

but these toy-sequencers (16 steps motherfucka!!) are sort of meh.

but it could be fun sequencing it via MIDI (if that's possible?)

not superfond of how TE stuff sounds - style is tops, but do I want to spend money on a thing which I don't like the sound of?

my girlfriend likes the minilogue.

Guest Chesney

I really want to have a blast on that and the OB6. The brute looks amazing but apart from the matrix it does not bring anything new to the table for me, looks glorious though.

As for the OP1, I think people assume it's a toy and gimmicky but it's a bloody deep piece of kit, kinda like an octatrack in a way. I'd say it's worth it's money.

Never write anything off unless you have sat for some time with something.

That's pretty cool, it's like a single big key with aftertouch.

Yes, and much more IMO. It seems to be a great tool to manipulate an already recorded (MIDI) sequence. I own a Roli Rise, love it, and I can see the Touché as its perfect sidekick. The Rise is a lot about the performance itself, the Touché might be damn useful to, for example, do insane modulations on an acid line, or to create sick delay/reverb chaos on drums.

I'll certainly fall for an Expressive E Touché

Wow. Very nice sensitivity!

so far this controller is the only interesting news for me from this winter namm

so far this controller is the only interesting news for me from this winter namm

Same.

But the TE thing reminded me I would love to have a sophisticated conditionals-based stand-alone sequencer where you could really condition anything by anything.

Guest Chesney

That does not matter, not all FM devices sound the same, they can be as different as analogue synths differ from each other. Even the DX7 and DX7mk2 sound different.

BUY ALL ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CKbnmKYF-A

Same.

But the TE thing reminded me I would love to have a sophisticated conditionals-based stand-alone sequencer where you could really condition anything by anything.

Yes! Thatd be my dream machine. My desert island machine. My you and me, none else but us machine. My...you got the picture...machine. Maxmsp in hw form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CKbnmKYF-A

Same.

Yes! Thatd be my dream machine. My desert island machine. My you and me, none else but us machine. My...you got the picture...machine. Maxmsp in hw form.
Guys stop I'm getting aroused.

sent using magic space waves

Archived