IGNORED

what aphex tracks are you fixated on at the moment?

Bubba69

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This last week I've been hitting Analord harder than I ever have before. Found 2 new favourites: MyDoom and Deadcode. The former is an absolutely stunning track, very dark and tense in the first half but then those orchestral strings come in at the end, full of emotion, floors me every time. Deadcode has some catchy melodies and I love the sound pallete in that one, 2:35 - 3:35 gets stuck in my head so easily. I've also been revisiting an old classic, FenixFunk5 (Early version this time, I prefer the rawness and the different breaks at the end). Absolutely next level track, the beauty in those pads throughout is out of this world, melodies so slick and emotive they defy words. Defo in the top 5 tunes I've ever heard. I had a go at MIDIfying the ending bit:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24438426/fenix%20funk%20midi.mp3

:music: :music: :music:

• 1 month later...

Symbonsad followed by bimbongo2 and I have a little third summer of love.

umil on the headphones when I get into bed. Love that tune.

I benched organ epic for a couple of months and it's now back in the starting line up, ready for rinsing. Lots to love in this one. Reminds me of Windowlicker in places. Did he once say he had an album of Windowlicker type material that he shelved around 99/2000 or am I just inventing my own aphex trolling now?

I benched organ epic for a couple of months and it's now back in the starting line up, ready for rinsing. Lots to love in this one. Reminds me of Windowlicker in places. Did he once say he had an album of Windowlicker type material that he shelved around 99/2000 or am I just inventing my own aphex trolling now?

Yes, he said he was going to release an album at that time. A lot of it could have ended up on drukqs.. or not.

Yes, he said he was going to release an album at that time. A lot of it could have ended up on drukqs.. or not.

Thanks, I thought so! The man's sitting on a goldmine. Nothing on Drukqs has that same lightness of touch and populist sensibility, imo.

Guest Sunfeeder

Phonatacid, Pretend Analog, the CHEETAHs.

It kind of upsets me that it's not looking good for a mastered/pristine version of Pretend Analog and CHEETAHs.

Guest sensible

The Waxen Pith. I find it emotional, in a good way.

Of his ambient ones, Quino-Phec is a constant fixation. I haven't gone longer than a month between listens in over a decade.

Of his ambient ones, Quino-Phec is a constant fixation. I haven't gone longer than a month between listens in over a decade.

you have a lastfm account to back this up?

Guest sensible

you have a lastfm account to back this up?

You'll just have to trust my word as a gentleman

Phonatacid, Pretend Analog, the CHEETAHs.

It kind of upsets me that it's not looking good for a mastered/pristine version of Pretend Analog and CHEETAHs.

Ah man I'm with you on that. Sonically, it seems like it'd be a nice fit. Would work great as a single too.

edit: my bad, misread and assumed you wanted Pretend Analog on the Cheetah EP. I do, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Goodbye Rute - Was driving out in the desert-ish area of the state last week while the sun was setting. Such a lush soundtrack for a lonely highway with big plateaus overlooking the columbia river.

This last week I've been hitting Analord harder than I ever have before. Found 2 new favourites: MyDoom and Deadcode. The former is an absolutely stunning track, very dark and tense in the first half but then those orchestral strings come in at the end, full of emotion, floors me every time. Deadcode has some catchy melodies and I love the sound pallete in that one, 2:35 - 3:35 gets stuck in my head so easily. I've also been revisiting an old classic, FenixFunk5 (Early version this time, I prefer the rawness and the different breaks at the end). Absolutely next level track, the beauty in those pads throughout is out of this world, melodies so slick and emotive they defy words. Defo in the top 5 tunes I've ever heard. I had a go at MIDIfying the ending bit:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24438426/fenix%20funk%20midi.mp3

:music: :music: :music:

Very cool little piano midi-ditty. I agree 100%, the pads, powerful bassline that squiggles around and punchy drums with the dulcimer sound is so good. Those drums kick you in the gut while those melodies and textures massage your ears. Lovely innit?

alspacka:

One of the best AFX tunes IMO. Seems like such an odd track sequencing-wise. That bassline that starts @ 4:07 = :nyan::nyan:

Archived