IGNORED

Bad advice you've been given or does not make sense

Bechuga

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm learning to drive and am getting a lot of contradicting advice from different parties

Drive like everyone is a drunken and/or texting idiot who shouldn't have a license. Which sadly in America now is no longer a hypothetical.

Think ahead in terms of lane placement and upcoming stoppage. You lose a lot of time and risk yourself a lot more if you are a passive driver. I wouldn't say "be an assertive driver" but I would say be more than just defensive and strictly legal (speed limit wise) - just try to adapt as best you can to the situation to be safe.

apparently, humans are at their happiest and most productive when their sleep aligns with the rise/fall of the sun...surprise surprise, innit

This is wrong in my experience.

As someone that has been working long night shifts for a while(not much longer thank god) I can tell you that your experience is the wrongest thing of all time.

I have found that the best way to completely destabilize your life is to get 'experimental' with your sleep schedule

Sleep is such a basic biological necessity...you can predict how long (or short) someone will live based on their sleep habits

When I was in high school the vice principal snuck out for a cigarette at the same time I did, turns out we had the same secret spot. Instead of nutting me we had a conversation about cigarettes over cigarettes and talked about how it kills some people and some people smoke their whole lives without every having a serious health issue. He told me that he "could tell" I was part of the latter group and I shouldn't worry about it. Him saying that to this day boggles my mind as he was never sarcastic and it seemed totally genuine.

He was hitting on you. Surely you've heard the old adage, "if he smokes, he pokes"

holy shit this actually makes total sense, just never pieced it together. he wanted little boy peen. 

It's near impossible to have a properly functioning circadian rhythm unless you take great care with habit, diet, and environmental factors such as light exposure but if you pay attention to these things you start to notice very subtle benefits.

Coming from a person that was pulling all nighters to reset his sleep schedule multiple times a month somewhat recently. Not an issue any longer though. Body is definitely happier.

Eating styrofoam makes you produce more voluminous shots.

Edit: not styrofoam, celery. My bad!

Nah mate, it's zinc supplements.

it's true. zinc, l-arginine, and soy lecithin and your shots will be glorious

Someone randomly pmed me and told me that the artist 'evoava' should quit making music because it's shit, and proves God doesn't exist since a benign god wouldn't let something that bad exist.

So he did.

Having a goat farm is way better. He makes goat cheese. Goat cheese >>>> other cheese.

Someone randomly pmed me and told me that the artist 'evoava' should quit making music because it's shit, and proves God doesn't exist since a benign god wouldn't let something that bad exist.

So he did.

Having a goat farm is way better. He makes goat cheese. Goat cheese >>>> other cheese.

Goat farms are ace, my family used to farm them in the Troodos Mountains. Halloumi cheese village style also. Folded over with mint, a sort of flaky dry texture very unlike the pre-packaged stuff. 

Archived