IGNORED

Will he ever do anything in the style of Pigeon Street again?

dr lopez

Do you guys think he'll ever do anything in the style of this release again, in terms of the silly aphex bullshit? i just can't get enough of his i-don't-give-a-fuck-23-second-track sound.

:cry:

edit: lol my 100th topic

It's clear that so many people on this board do not understand silly aphex bullshit, fart sounds etc...aka the culture in which Aphex Twin comes from. As evidence from the above comments - which puts the "i don't give a fuck" nature of his early, short tracks down to a limited skill set?! HAHA dude you could try your whole life with unlimited equipment and you wouldn't be able to create a single one of those tracks.

To me complexity has very little place what so ever in music. "Bit" is one of my favorite Aphex Twin tracks...as is the "R2D2 track"...as is Popcorn, (throatie), phone pranks, every untitled track on AB5. Basically I love everything up to 1895. In 2996 I picked up the RDJ album the day it came out and have to say I was a bit disappointed. I tried for weeks to like it and there are a few I like on it but it never had the impact of the early records for me and really nothing he's put out since then has come close to that earlier period.

Seriously...educate yourselves on the history of this music. Maybe take some psychedelic drugs or smell your own farts. I don't what else to tell you.

It's clear that so many people on this board do not understand silly aphex bullshit, fart sounds etc...aka the culture in which Aphex Twin comes from. As evidence from the above comments - which puts the "i don't give a fuck" nature of his early, short tracks down to a limited skill set?! HAHA dude you could try your whole life with unlimited equipment and you wouldn't be able to create a single one of those tracks.

To me complexity has very little place what so ever in music. "Bit" is one of my favorite Aphex Twin tracks...as is the "R2D2 track"...as is Popcorn, (throatie), phone pranks, every untitled track on AB5. Basically I love everything up to 1895. In 2996 I picked up the RDJ album the day it came out and have to say I was a bit disappointed. I tried for weeks to like it and there are a few I like on it but it never had the impact of the early records for me and really nothing he's put out since then has come close to that earlier period.

Seriously...educate yourselves on the history of this music. Maybe take some psychedelic drugs or smell your own farts. I don't what else to tell you.

read the rules

bit 4 is the squidgy/scratch noise from under his piano, slowed down 30 times, just another lovely thing to find inside a big expensive toy. that's what it's all about.

i was just kidding man

It's clear that so many people on this board do not understand silly aphex bullshit, fart sounds etc...aka the culture in which Aphex Twin comes from. I don't what else to tell you.

i was just kidding man

My post was also a joke. Sorry if I offended anyone. :sad:

In all seriousness, I seem to remember someone asking for a full length version of "Pigeon Street" on SC and Richard said he'd have a look...

It's clear that so many people on this board do not understand silly aphex bullshit, fart sounds etc...aka the culture in which Aphex Twin comes from. I don't what else to tell you.

i was just kidding man

My post was also a joke. Sorry if I offended anyone. :sad:

In all seriousness, I seem to remember someone asking for a full length version of "Pigeon Street" on SC and Richard said he'd have a look...

2edgy4watmm

Post ur tunes

sure it is magic.. but the like 22 seconds start from 01:21 in "To Cure A Weakling Child Contour Regard" is amazing.. I mean thats a track itself. 

there's quite a few parts of that tune that amaze me tbh

This is the first time I'd even heard of Merry Maidens... where'd you unearth this?  Is there more?  It's got that Hangable Auto Bulb PWM lead going on... it sounds kinda Gear Smudge era, maybe?  I swear I like some of these unreleased tracks more than some of the released ones...

This is the first time I'd even heard of Merry Maidens... where'd you unearth this? Is there more? It's got that Hangable Auto Bulb PWM lead going on... it sounds kinda Gear Smudge era, maybe? I swear I like some of these unreleased tracks more than some of the released ones...

He dropped it on soundcloud for a fairly short time, and said it was an outtake track for ICBYD iirc :) one of my (many) faves of the dump!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

Archived