IGNORED

Christmas thread.

YEK

somebody had to do it.

well, my family wants to know what i want and i don't want anything.

ideas are needed , i'm thinking an idm coffee table book, suggestions.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and the waifu are going to try not exchanging gifts this year.

It's always so stressful so we want to focus on the time together instead.

Does this exist?

an idea...Any new vinyl out you'd like to play on your new setup maybe?

Me and the waifu are going to try not exchanging gifts this year.

It's always so stressful so we want to focus on the time together instead.

Does this exist?

an idea...Any new vinyl out you'd like to play on your new setup maybe?

gifts are stressful. the vinyl thing is a good idea, or gift certificates, but gift certificates are like cash and i don't like asking for cash  :ok:

i think i'm going to ask for cooking ware

Working in retail has killed all my sense of Christmas spirit (people are rude as shit while gift shopping, the entitlement is astounding!)... I won't be in the festive mood until at earliest the 22nd when I'm on winter break and driving out of the cities to the in-laws' ranch for 4 days of relaxation.

For presents I usually tell people to get me the stuff I've not been bothered to buy myself. For example, my brother is buying me the Metallica album on vinyl, and my sister has bought me a bunch of American Elf books. Stuff I want, but I've just not bought them.

I was really gay this year and bought everyone a copy of "Tools of the Titans" by Tim Ferriss I'm also going to make some compilations of tunes for people and burn them to a cd. So basically my gifts are about helping people better themselves and giving them a look into my world through my music and interests, because I don't spend an awful lot of time with most of my family. 

But my desires are mostly quite expensive things like cars, computer aided laser cutting machines, etc. etc. So I find odds and ends that I desire/need to put on my christmas lists. It helps if you sort of catalog things that you want or need throughout the year on amazon via a wishlist or having them saved for later in your shopping cart. That way you don't forget about something you were interested in earlier in the year or whatever.

Archived