IGNORED

Tribute to Wearing Headphones without Listening to Anything

Root5

Guest Chesney

Fuck it, it can't sound that bad, you just don't do a track with many pitched elements. You can guess lots and get results.

I might even have a go if I get decent time over Christmas Hols.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just going to do a banging acid track

i can get away with it by giving it an appropriate title for the tribute and simply putting (acid mix) after it.

:rtfm:

:rolleyes:

The other day I wondered if headphones were sentient, would they sleep when you're not using them? And what would they dream about? So I'm writing a track about that.

This theme is absurd as it is so why not :emotawesomepm9:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also using some of my old field recordings and sampling some new things. A track is starting to take a form.

Finally had an idea due to my very own technical limitations...Bought a MS-20 mini few days ago but can't properly record it, I actually have to record it via my headphone's jack cable but recording somehow goes half through the line input and half through the mic making weird things. Will probably follow that path and try to make something for the comp !

Finally had an idea due to my very own technical limitations...Bought a MS-20 mini few days ago but can't properly record it, I actually have to record it via my headphone's jack cable but recording somehow goes half through the line input and half through the mic making weird things. Will probably follow that path and try to make something for the comp !

That's really cool and all, but I hope it's not broken, dude.  That doesn't sound right.  My first drum machine was a Roland MC-505, and whenever I used the "trance lead" preset, the left channel always played Macarena.  Not cool.  Or cool as fuck.

As for da headphones ting, I think my concept is that headphones listen to your brain when you wear them, and you are actually projecting your consciousness onto the headphones to hear the music.  In IDM Headphones, headphones listen to you~!  Etc.

I think i'll maybe record a track and/or some field recordings then record it back behind a wall or through some sound absorbing material to simulate how things outside sound when you're wearing headphones... this is one hell of a busy year at uni though, can't promise anything.

That's really cool and all, but I hope it's not broken, dude.  That doesn't sound right.  My first drum machine was a Roland MC-505, and whenever I used the "trance lead" preset, the left channel always played Macarena.  Not cool.  Or cool as fuck.

I hoped it was because I'm using the shitty, one and only line-in/line-out jack of the macbook pro...Will probably check if something's wrong before buying a proper USB sound interface ha !

As for da headphones ting, I think my concept is that headphones listen to your brain when you wear them, and you are actually projecting your consciousness onto the headphones to hear the music.  In IDM Headphones, headphones listen to you~!  Etc.

Lol, just do a spoken word track where you justifying procrastinating on doing the track. 

oh shit, completely missed this. I'll get on with starting work on my never to be entered entry as I do every year.

Archived