IGNORED

xtal = crystal

phudoshin

Yes.  Xtal, pulsewidth, and Schottky (not Schottkey) are electronics terms.  He was studying electronics at uni.  Of course, pulsewidth's also a synthesiser term, synthesisers traditionally being made of electronics before their software counterparts, but Pulsewidth doesn't seem to have any PWM in it, so these are all probably just semi-random electronics terms he named tracks after.

The different coloured powders (calxes) seem more intriguing to me...  I think he just liked naming tracks in sets, like the biological ones, the powder ones, the electronic ones, the anagrams, and the computer viruses.  Maybe they were originally meant to be released on different albums.  Who knows?

Yes.  Xtal, pulsewidth, and Schottky (not Schottkey) are electronics terms.  He was studying electronics at uni.  Of course, pulsewidth's also a synthesiser term, synthesisers traditionally being made of electronics before their software counterparts, but Pulsewidth doesn't seem to have any PWM in it, so these are all probably just semi-random electronics terms he named tracks after.

The different coloured powders (calxes) seem more intriguing to me...  I think he just liked naming tracks in sets, like the biological ones, the powder ones, the electronic ones, the anagrams, and the computer viruses.  Maybe they were originally meant to be released on different albums.  Who knows?

Isn't XTAL straight off the circuit board of an old piece of Roland gear? I remember someone uploading a schematic of it around here somewhere.

Isn't XTAL straight off the circuit board of an old piece of Roland gear? I remember someone uploading a schematic of it around here somewhere.

I believe it's pretty standard shorthand, so probably written on a lot of circuit boards, for synths and millions of other things.

me and probably a 303 schematic... or sh-101? dunno

also thank you, i thought i was crazy for not hearing any PWM sounds in pulsewidth

and guessing from afx soundcloud this would be the college he went to? lol

Also a shorthand in igneous petrology and probably other fields of geology, but I doubt he was reading up on rocks. xlz'n = crystallization

Also a shorthand in igneous petrology and probably other fields of geology, but I doubt he was reading up on rocks. xlz'n = crystallization

Might have done, plenty of cool rox in Cornwall

Might have done, plenty of cool rox in Cornwall

moon rox oh wow

Archived