IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

^I think Kasich is waiting for Trump to be arrested/assassinated.

Yes please.

Welp Kasich dropped out, gotta take my statement back.......

Bush is going to be your next president, calling it now.

the RNC is just going to throw ten pounds of shit in the air at the convention and see where it lands.

I thought Jeb already dropped out months ago tho

if the convention is "contested" they can nominate whoever they want.

LOL! Democracy!

the RNC is just going to throw ten pounds of shit in the air at the convention and see where it lands.

How can it be contested now? Trump has no-one running against him.

Guys, Trump has seriously zero chance of winning in a general election. Don't worry.

sent using magic space waves

really depends on the will of bernie supporters to vote for clington.

How can it be contested now? Trump has no-one running against him.

To my understanding the delegates can basically pick anyone if there's a contested convention. Doesn't have to be somebody who is or has been running before. So the party big boys might try to nominate someone completely outside the group of previous nominees. Although, this would likely tear the whole party to pieces. It's going to be interesting.

To my understanding the delegates can basically pick anyone if there's a contested convention. Doesn't have to be somebody who is or has been running before. So the party big boys might try to nominate someone completely outside the group of previous nominees. Although, this would likely tear the whole party to pieces. It's going to be interesting.

No, you misunderstand. There won't be a contested convention because Trump will now hoover up virtually all the remaining delegates and will have more than enough to avoid one.

Technically the delegates can vote outside of the wishes of their constituents, but if there's no one else running, I'm not sure what the rules are there. Can they just choose to vote for no one? Lol

Technically the delegates can vote outside of the wishes of their constituents, but if there's no one else running, I'm not sure what the rules are there. Can they just choose to vote for no one? Lol

you're thinking of superdelegates, but that's just for the dems (the GOP do actually have a few of them, but it's tiny in comparison). delegates are awarded differently in each state, but mostly it's the majority winner in each district gets a proportional number the state's delegates, I guess voters in the primaries might be able to enter a write in candidate (or they might not, don't know the rules, might count as a spoilt ballot), but even if that was possible enough people wouldn't do that to win anyone else any delegates. there will be no contested convention.

Guys, Trump has seriously zero chance of winning in a general election. Don't worry.

or vote at all - apathy often favors the GOP winning elections in places that are really 50/50 or liberal leaning

that and disenfranchisement (felons being barred from voting, no civic education for many poor Americans, voter ID laws) but all that said it's really pissed off middle-age and largely white people who are voting for Trump and MANY are saying they've never voted before...the GOP "grassroots" voter base is quite active...and ironically they are negatively affected by the same folks they vote in

you're thinking of superdelegates, but that's just for the dems (the GOP do actually have a few of them, but it's tiny in comparison). delegates are awarded differently in each state, but mostly it's the majority winner in each district gets a proportional number the state's delegates, I guess voters in the primaries might be able to enter a write in candidate (or they might not, don't know the rules, might count as a spoilt ballot), but even if that was possible enough people wouldn't do that to win anyone else any delegates. there will be no contested convention.

Yes, my mistake, thank you! I agree that a contested convention isn't in the cards, it just serves no purpose at this point. Unless something changes that, which what the hell even could at this point? The whole state of settling/apathy is reaching new lows.

or vote at all - apathy often favors the GOP winning elections in places that are really 50/50 or liberal leaning

that and disenfranchisement (felons being barred from voting, no civic education for many poor Americans, voter ID laws) but all that said it's really pissed off middle-age and largely white people who are voting for Trump and MANY are saying they've never voted before...the GOP "grassroots" voter base is quite active...and ironically they are negatively affected by the same folks they vote in

Very true, but I'm guessing even the right will have its fair share of apathetic non-voters this time around. Now that you mention it, the actual turnout for this election, the demographics and exit polls/etc., will be interesting to see.