IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Problem for Rand is that the budget doesn't kill enough poor people.

o2s8lVQ.gif

deficit spending is only OK when it's because of a $1.5 trillion tax cut he voted for 

in an NPR story I heard that the #releasethememo twitter hashtag had the biggest influx in bot tweeting in history. 

this article goes into some detail on how it came about https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/04/trump-twitter-russians-release-the-memo-216935

the memo damages fbi sources and methods in that, because it was put out for political reasons, against the fervent warnings of the fbi and the justice department, it makes it seem like us intelligence cant be trusted to keep secrets, and will therefor be less likely to receive sensitive intel in the future

and it erodes trust in the fbi

and muddies the waters in public minds for what looks like an impending obstruction charge

Edited by very honest

in an NPR story I heard that the #releasethememo twitter hashtag had the biggest influx in bot tweeting in history. 

this article goes into some detail on how it came about https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/04/trump-twitter-russians-release-the-memo-216935

the memo damages fbi sources and methods in that, because it was put out for political reasons, against the fervent warnings of the fbi and the justice department, it makes it seem like us intelligence cant be trusted to keep secrets, and will therefor be less likely to receive sensitive intel in the future

and it erodes trust in the fbi

and muddies the waters in public minds for what looks like an impending obstruction charge

The FBI and DoJ have been long before Trump arrived. I don't approve of some rich motherfucker with no prior political experience suddenly coming in and declaring himself king, trying to smash our foundations in the process and proclaim himself as the sole authority.

Anyway, not to sound like a broken record, but it goes without saying that we're ultimately at the mercy of Mueller's investigation and the November 6th midterms.

its looking like mueller has a strong obstruction case. removal from office takes a two thirds supermajority in the senate, following impeachment by simple majority in the house. ugh.

the possibilty for indictment dosen't seem worth hoping for, though it's a possibility.

Take with many grains of salt, but Pence sounds as crazy as I perceive him to be.

Omarosa warns America of 'scary' Pence

Former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman cautioned Monday night that Americans pining for the impeachment of President Donald Trump should reconsider their wishes, because Vice President Mike Pence is "scary."

"Can I just say this? As bad as y’all think Trump is, you would be worried about Pence,” Manigault told her housemates on Celebrity Big Brother in an episode that aired on Monday.

She continued: “ We would be begging for days of Trump back if Pence became President, that’s all I’m saying. He’s extreme."

Manigault, a former contestant on NBC's "The Apprentice," which Trump hosted for years, left the White House in December after a brief stint as director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison.

This is not the first time that the former aide has made headlines on the show. Manigault previously said that she was "haunted" by the president's tweets and said the nation would "not be OK."

Responding to her concerns, principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah said that the White House does not take her views very seriously.

"Omarosa was fired three times on 'The Apprentice,' and this was the fourth time we let her go," Shah said last week. "She had limited contact with the president while here. She has no contact now."

Manigault said that Pence believes Jesus Christ tells him to say certain things, a view that she mocked.

"I’m Christian, I love Jesus, she said, "but he thinks Jesus tells him to say things — I’m like, ‘Jesus didn’t say that.’ Scary.”

CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Tuesday rejected two recent reports that said U.S. spies were cheated out of $100,000 when they paid a Russian spy to return stolen hacking tools, but instead received unverified information.

The Intercept and the New York Times both reported that a Russian offered to return that information for $1 million, and also offered information about President Trump.

But in a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday, Pompeo said none of that story was true.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cia-shoots-down-ridiculous-reports-of-secret-100000-payment-to-russia/article/2648950

Rasta don't work for no C.I.A

$4.4 trillion budget that cuts everything important and asks for billions to pay for border wall, more ice agents and judges to run special courts to deport people. 

this is some fucked up shit.  i'm sure they'd pick awful people to run this exportation express.  this is some straight up fascist shit out of the 1940s. 

hopefully a big fight happens over this budget because it's super fucked up.. and of course is unpaid for especially w/$1.5 trillion tax cut. 

these people are all insane. 

$4.4 trillion budget that cuts everything important and asks for billions to pay for border wall, more ice agents and judges to run special courts to deport people. 

this is some fucked up shit.  i'm sure they'd pick awful people to run this exportation express.  this is some straight up fascist shit out of the 1940s. 

hopefully a big fight happens over this budget because it's super fucked up.. and of course is unpaid for especially w/$1.5 trillion tax cut. 

these people are all insane. 

saw someone post this on reddit yesterday, it's pretty broad / generalized but it's still very relevant and tragically dead-on

Carlin had a firm grasp of the larger picture. It's easy to get trapped into partisan political squabble with other people not in the Elite club, but the ones that are in it use this division to their advantage.

And with Trump wanting to inflate our already bloated military budget and cut everything else that actually helps people...I just hate the bastard.

And with Trump wanting to inflate our already bloated military budget and cut everything else that actually helps people...I just hate the bastard.

What irks me most about the budget is how goddamn inefficient it is. Most 4 star generals in post-war history with the fewest active duty personal in service. We spent crazy amounts in the cold war but with far more operational readiness. We're still engaged in the longest wars in US history. All while our military is riddled with corruption, no-bid contracts, cronyism, etc. Ike's worse dreams came true.