IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

My prediction:

A year from now. Trump has the highest approval rating of any president in American history. Doesn't fulfil even a third of all the stuff he threatened. Becomes practically a democrat.

Cue Trump supporters. "He fucking lied to us. He's just like all the rest of them."

You heard it here first.

Hard to disagree with this. Considering his admin apparently has only started the hiring process for staffers, they'll be lucky if they pass any legislation in his first year.

He won't be able to fulfill many of his promises. TPP will probably not get signed though. The Wall was always a pipe dream, and deporting immigrants is a multi-year project that no one knows how they're going to pay for it.

Doublename: awesome. What do you teach?

I teach middle and high school US History. My 11th graders are just getting to the Gilded Age now, so this article fits in nicely. Thanks for posting it.

That's great. They are lucky to have you as a teacher! Do you play them the soothing aphex sounds when they write in-class essays?

Tip: If you want to get desensitised to internet comments you should spend a month at 4chan/b/ . It makes you drown in that cancer in such a way that it becomes invisible. 

yeah i bet, i wonder how flexible my mind is to it. ive always reacted somewhat negatively to the worst kinds of comments, even if i see them a lot (although not too much, compared to all the other stuff)

My prediction:

A year from now. Trump has the highest approval rating of any president in American history. Doesn't fulfil even a third of all the stuff he threatened. Becomes practically a democrat.

Cue Trump supporters. "He fucking lied to us. He's just like all the rest of them."

You heard it here first.

still feel like there's this alternate timeline where everything becomes even more crazy than anyone could even imagine in advance. totally unpredictable and so on. hopefully it's not too bad

Edited by coax

I wonder if his conversation with Obama made him woke. He seemed like a shy kid on the first day of school or something. I bet they sparked a blunt.

My prediction:

You heard it here first.

Hard to disagree with this. Considering his admin apparently has only started the hiring process for staffers, they'll be lucky if they pass any legislation in his first year.

He won't be able to fulfill many of his promises. TPP will probably not get signed though. The Wall was always a pipe dream, and deporting immigrants is a multi-year project that no one knows how they're going to pay for it.

I teach middle and high school US History. My 11th graders are just getting to the Gilded Age now, so this article fits in nicely. Thanks for posting it.

That's great. They are lucky to have you as a teacher! Do you play them the soothing aphex sounds when they write in-class essays?

No Aphex yet, but I've played OPN's Rifts and Returnal for my 7th graders when they write. Some BoC too.

I wonder if his conversation with Obama made him woke. He seemed like a shy kid on the first day of school or something. I bet they sparked a blunt.

and 

He doesn't want the job at all. lol

My prediction:

You heard it here first.

I imagine he would have played SAWII yesterday

*a gloom teacher sits back in his chair, eyes closed. Aphex Twin's #19 (stone in focus) plays from speakers softly*

mr double tree: "kids, just read what's listed on the board and do the study questions at the end of chapter 42"

the one hip kid in class: "mr Doublename, is this Disintegration Loops?"

mr double tree: "god no, just please no talking, get back to work"

Edited by joshuatx

and 

He doesn't want the job at all. lol

I was gonna say, he looks incredibly bored. 

he's a very, very old man 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N11FKlr7K4

bonus TWITTER copy+paste

hahaah seriously 

the ones calling millennials cry babies are the same ones who thought freedom died or whatever when healthcare reform was passed

Guest bitroast

more like miranda unfair and joseph i'm-a-fucking-dipshit-moron-and-also-my-girfriend-is-a-dipshit-moron-and-also-we're-both-racist, amirite ??? :dadjoke: 

Not sure that admiring successful rhetoric while throwing ethics in the can will take us anywhere worth going. We already know the most depraved leaders in history were masters of rhetoric, it goes hand-in-hand with totalitarianism. Does not demand respect whatsoever

I wasn't praising him

And you should respect your enemies for their cleverness,

when they're clever

Those riots. That would been a hundred times worse if Trump had lost. Just saying.

The people taking to streets - they're democrats. They believe in democracy. 

Or maybe only when their candidate wins.

Guest bitroast

Those riots. That would been a hundred times worse if Trump had lost. Just saying.

given the kind of anger this whole election has spurred, i wouldn't be surprised if there were riots/protests if clinton won. 

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing

To be fair we don't even know for sure who won the popular vote quite yet. Either way it's going to be extremely close. It may be another Al Gore situation. Of course we aren't a true democracy but it'll be interesting to see either way.

EDIT: 100% did report in but the Clinton popular vote win could be within the margin of error. We'll see soon.

Edited by clarktrent

My prediction:

You heard it here first.

I really doubt this.  He's got Republican majority in Senate and House, so if he "Becomes practically a democrat" he'll be fighting against both and greatly disappointing his supporters.  What motivation does he have to do this?  "Doing the right thing?"  He's given zero shits about this up to this point.

Best case scenario that meeting with Obama was a wake up call to him that now the decisions he makes as the president will affect people in a very real way 

Edited by Deer

My prediction:

You heard it here first.

I really doubt this.  He's got Republican majority in Senate and House, so if he "Becomes practically a democrat" he'll be fighting against both and greatly disappointing his supporters.  What motivation does he have to do this?  "Doing the right thing?"  He's given zero shits about this up to this point.

I dunno. You may be right. It just feels that so much of his outward persona is just brash, obnoxious and so forth and yet I believe there is another man in there somewhere. 

During the last eighteen months, there were a few moments (so fleeting they may have been said to have never even occurred) where I felt he accidentally let his guard slip. Sometimes it was an expression or just his body language.