IGNORED

Dårligt

Squee

So one day my friend and I were like, "let's make some lo-fi hiphop or something". Things took a bit of a turn and we ended up making the saddest shit ever - plus, we made 12 tracks in one day.
We have absolutely no intention of doing anything about these tunes apart from putting some of them online and hope someone with a broken heart listens to them.

EDIT4: NEW NEW NEW TRACK lolwtfbbq

EDIT3: NEW TRACK! lolz 

EDIT2: NEW TEASER!!!!!

EDIT: Added some additional tracks that I didn't wanna share to begin with... but... Gocab pressured me into sharing them.

https://soundcloud.com/daarligt/darligt-11

https://soundcloud.com/daarligt/darligt-12-woh-haa

And here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJOl3PSGlc

Alright, back to work!

Haven't heard this yet, but the artist name seems promising.

really nice stuff, favourites are 4 + 5...love the lead sound in 4

feels like they are from a worn out tape playing endlessly on loop in some decaying abandoned resort or villa...which is always good :music:

great work

Very impressive! Might be what The Caretaker would be making if he was from the deep south. Actually think some people would be really into this if it was made by an 'established' artist. 

Your work is consistently excellent when it comes to production/sound quality. My favourites were 1, 8 and 11. 

What happened to track 6, 7 and 10? I want more Dårligt musik!

Really cool stuff! Doesn't feel all that sad to me, although it definitely is melancholy. Good texture going on, i like the atmosphere that you created. The highlights to me were the first track and the last two.

Haven't heard this yet, but the artist name seems promising.

I know, right?

Wow!  What a great suite of melancholic tracks.  The video and music go together extremely well, too.

Hehe, thanks, man!

really nice stuff, favourites are 4 + 5...love the lead sound in 4

feels like they are from a worn out tape playing endlessly on loop in some decaying abandoned resort or villa...which is always good :music:

great work

Thanks, man! Old fucked up tapes definitely helped creating this sound ;)

Skide godt!

Fedt!

Very impressive! Might be what The Caretaker would be making if he was from the deep south. Actually think some people would be really into this if it was made by an 'established' artist. 

Your work is consistently excellent when it comes to production/sound quality. My favourites were 1, 8 and 11. 

Thanks, man! Yeah, I kinda like like 1 and 11 myself - and 2 ;)

What happened to track 6, 7 and 10? I want more Dårligt musik!

Shit, man... I'm not gonna upload 10. But I've uploaded some of the other ones

Really cool stuff! Doesn't feel all that sad to me, although it definitely is melancholy. Good texture going on, i like the atmosphere that you created. The highlights to me were the first track and the last two.

Thanks, man! Great you like it!

Actually, thanks to everyone! We did these tracks in like minutes and then went on to the next one. Everything was done in one Logic session and it's a complete fucking mess lol ;D

Listening to no.2. Man, that bass shakes my body. Love it! This definitely hits me all over with the feels. Nice sample work and I love the jazzy/brushy drums. I feel like it was just the right length of time as well. Was just starting to get bored when it faded out. 

These are excellent. I would buy this little album. Perfect soundtrack for getting really bummed out and walking through a park or something. Loving the tones and atmosphere. 

Faves: 1, 5, 8, 11 (the movement of the hats on this one is just lush, might be fave of the bunch), 12

Listening to no.2. Man, that bass shakes my body. Love it! This definitely hits me all over with the feels. Nice sample work and I love the jazzy/brushy drums. I feel like it was just the right length of time as well. Was just starting to get bored when it faded out. 

Thanks, man!

Yeah, the bass in 2 happened by coincidence. It's an overly compressed 808 but I really like the contrast to the vocals ;D

And yeah, the tracks need to be fairly short otherwise you'll end up going insane.

These are excellent. I would buy this little album. Perfect soundtrack for getting really bummed out and walking through a park or something. Loving the tones and atmosphere. 

Faves: 1, 5, 8, 11 (the movement of the hats on this one is just lush, might be fave of the bunch), 12

Thanks, man! Glad you like it!

I've got some new tunes in a similar style coming up and if end up with enough tracks I actually like I'll put them out on Bandcamp ;D

Oh god, yes! I've been deep into and lofi psychedelic hiphop instrumentals for the last while. Big thanks to mono/chrome and Peel for that, especially.

This is gorgeous stuff! As chill as freshly zambonied ice on an outdoor rink in the dead of Canadian winter. Love it!

Yes, this is one of my favourite "releases" out of all the stuff I've listened​ to this spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost forgot about this thread...

Since a lot of you have been asking for a Bandcamp release we've decided to make an entire album. We've almost got 20 tracks now. We're not quite sure when to stop, but as soon as it's done I'll let you know :)

For the time being, here's a small teaser of something new...

+1 for the bandcamp album (also like the aesthetic with the cars, fits for some reason). 

On it!

And yes, rally cars ftw!!

Oh god, yes! I've been deep into and lofi psychedelic hiphop instrumentals for the last while. Big thanks to mono/chrome and Peel for that, especially.

This is gorgeous stuff! As chill as freshly zambonied ice on an outdoor rink in the dead of Canadian winter. Love it!

LOL! 

Glad you like it! :)

Yes, this is one of my favourite "releases" out of all the stuff I've listened​ to this spring.

Cheers, man!

Some quality moods for sure  :music: , bandcamp or gtfo.

Thanks, man! The album should be ready pretty soon...

#6 is good instrumental hip hop

Thanks, man! ;D

Here's another one:

digging all these darlight tracks. I do think the granulation/amplitude modulation is a bit heavy handed across the board though! 

Thanks! And noted - a lot of the "modulation" actually stems from the reel to reel I use so I can't really dial it down.

Any reason why you named your tracks 'dårligt'? 

Because it's a funny word and my friend and I kept saying it needs to sound worse ;)

Hell yeah more Dårligt! Was just bumping this at work.

Awww yeeeaaahh!

Darligt. Proper sunday jams. Track 13 is dope. Any chance we'll see a tape release? :) 

I actually hadn't thought of that. I mean, I've already recorded it through my reel to reel player so I might as well transfer it to cassette. 

friggin sweet

Thanks, man! ;D

• 2 months later...

Archived