IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

You’d think Warp would be announcing an all bells and whistles deluxe reissue with hella bonuses for one of their best releases on such an anniversary. 

• Like 3

from the aphex store, a comment from RDJ on #19/Stone in Focus: "Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

i think the tweet might be the full extent of their 30th anniversary celebration for this album. 

Edited by colunga
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, colunga said:

i think the tweet might be the full extent of their 30th anniversary celebration for this album. 

I disagree. This celebration is incomplete, as Warp did not post a boring link to stream the album on Spotify yet !

• Haha 8

On 3/7/2024 at 2:43 PM, hayhook said:

from the aphex store, a comment from RDJ on #19/Stone in Focus: "Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult."

How long is this metal tape story now going on and nothing is released yet? 5 years? 6? He seams to bypass it by putting out these small „unofficial“ vinyl editions he gives out on festivals but that also explains their under-the-counter release format where they never appear in a regular distribution format 

Edited by o00o

• 2 weeks later...

I think he kind of answers this by mentioning having to sign over the rights for the physical release.

Increasingly, artists these days want full autonomy over their creations.

• Like 2