Time Tourist

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Guys, i think the new countdown is for a new album. If you consider it from Japanese time, it ends at midnight of July 7, which is a Friday... So I'm guessing it's a new release.

Maybe another gig related release?

I can't find a gig for that day...

Hell, aphex probably has another 230 tracks worth listening to that he could easily release on soundcloud. He'll make 20 vinyls with 10 tracks on them each, releasing them at 20 shows.

please be a regular album ffs

lol. Try not to think of these tracks as official. He hasn't had a 'big' release since Cheetah.

lol. Try not to think of these tracks as official. He hasn't had a 'big' release since Cheetah.

Yes and cheetah was an ep, last full album was Syro, which unbelievably is already three years ago. Sounds about the right time for a new full album to me.

Oh come on, it's 2 years and about 9 months. It isn't 3 years! We aren't that much older yet! We got 3 months to go.

elaborate

i think saying a full album would be nice is obvious is it not? why wouldn't we want that? i'd be cool with whatever good on em. 

Guys, i think the new countdown is for a new album. If you consider it from Japanese time, it ends at midnight of July 7, which is a Friday... So I'm guessing it's a new release.

Someone on reddit pointed out that a load of Japanese back catalogue reissues are due out on the same day. Possibly to coincide with whatever the countdown is for?

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6f2ii5/japanese_album_back_catalogue_reissues_dated_for/

bleepstore or new album is my bet

we are fuckin spoiled sick fam

hey joyrex. just curious, what is the count down for?...  :snares:

hey joyrex. just curious, what is the count down for?...  :snares:

the new watmm lol

no but in all seriousness. It's the next album, to be released in September.

no but in all seriousness. It's the next album, to be released in September.

woooaaahhh. you seem confident (or do you actually know these things?? :)). It still seems so quick because every week or so there is something aphex related to obsess over.. but hell yes bring it on.  

Edited by Vaaler9

I know nothing! I made that up or something! 

:)

It's gotta be a new release. If it's linking to a subdomain of Warp then my bets all on a new album.

New shit is imminent guys.

I think we should keep our expectations in check just so we're not left disappointed come July 6th. If a new album is truly imminent, I'd imagine there would be a bit more buzz/new clever marketing (like the blimp) than just a boring countdown on the website. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm just not feeling the imminence.

Edited by popeonarope

I think we should keep our expectations in check just so we're not left disappointed come July 6th. If a new album is truly imminent, I'd imagine there would be a bit more buzz/new clever marketing (like the blimp) than just a boring countdown on the website. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm just not feeling the imminence.

how aboot the vinyls and the new tracks at the concerts

new friggin album imminence

how aboot the vinyls and the new tracks at the concerts

new friggin album imminence

As far as I'm aware, the only new tracks (minus the vinyl tracks that were played live) was the Day For Night track and then the Primavera+Field Day one. The latter one being identified as a Jlin collab (purportedly). I don't know, I feel like he'd drop more new tunes in his sets to build up hype. At the very least, whatever ends up happening July 6th, I'm not expecting a follow up to Syro. Leaning towards it being a sale or MAYBE a new EP. Again, I hope I'm wrong!

Edited by popeonarope

I'd consider the sets at the festivals and the london field day lp buzz. Does it have to be a blimp in the sky?

Personally, not going to bother speculating. Looks like somethings happening though. So theres your buzz.

ccai2 had no buzz and neither did deejayseleks

cheetah had some of the weirdest anti buzz marketing ever

i think they did their best to create massive buzz so far

also afx on soundpuke from what i remember right after  the cheetah ep: i wanted to release a chill summer album with tracks i like, i don't want the papparazzizzi camping in my yard right now, plenty of time for bangers later 

yah yah

I'd consider the sets at the festivals and the london field day lp buzz. Does it have to be a blimp in the sky?

Personally, not going to bother speculating. Looks like somethings happening though. So theres your buzz.

Hear dat. Keep it subtle.

As far as I'm aware, the only new tracks (minus the vinyl tracks that were played live) was the Day For Night track and then the Primavera+Field Day one.

Two tracks at Primavera, though?

https://youtu.be/LCbCWxTwrVk?t=35m47s

Edited by psn