IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

8 hours ago, o00o said:

ReleaseProduct-86209-34034.jpg.cfa5d18b026b4709bd51429817c824c7.jpg

ReleaseProduct-86209-34035.thumb.jpg.6947385c6e5837314a8cb572a1fae479.jpg

anyone seen these before? they have been uploaded in the store for orphaned deejay selek 2006-2008

https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/86209-afx-orphaned-deejay-selek-2006-2008

I wonder if he created them as artworks but they abandoned them for the artwork that was used in the end

they come with the digivinyl download? I've downloaded 2 or 3 songs from there and no artwork whatsoever...

6 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

they come with the digivinyl download? I've downloaded 2 or 3 songs from there and no artwork whatsoever...

Its part of the background image slider on this website:

You can just right click and download. The images are pretty high res

Just now, o00o said:

Its part of the background image slider on this website:

You can just right click and download. The images are pretty high res

I did I'll o got were 100*100 images... Will try l8r thanks xoxo

ReleaseProduct-86209-34034.jpg

Edited by cruising for burgers

15 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

love richie's art but def think the tdr one was a better fit for the music

reckon it would've suited something like ccai or bblr more

No way... Richard's art is way better than TDR---kind of overrated now that I see there was another option as a cover art.

• Like 1

ahem

technically, Richard's scrawled credits states MITDR which means Ian/etc. had something to do with that version of the artwork/layout/design/etc. but yeah likely not the RDJ scrawls...maybe the lined artwork was done by someone at tDR tho?

i think that's better/more representative of the actual tunes than the big bold text version. calling the EP Deejay Selek is kind of a pisstake, half the tracks are just goofy RDJ shit, but that bold text standard version makes sense as a "DJ" kinda thing. and umil is the best track on it, not even included on the original.

anyway

Spoiler

:watmm: :fail::rdjgrin:

Not sure if anybody has posted these up here yet... the background images for the Drukqs page on aphexstores. A selection of the artwork and some personal photos of Richard from that time period:

image.thumb.png.5f199f061205eb528d58549494d53bdc.png

image.png.3295ad8d9f3aa2e41414e62733b0e2ee.png

image.png.5d90d8e2f49b61730964642057c91a51.png

image.png.1ff8d25713f999c43e70091e648850fb.png

• Like 7
  • Big Brain 1

On 12/17/2023 at 6:07 AM, Key said:

image.png.5d90d8e2f49b61730964642057c91a51.png

I saw this pic a while back and made the connection that he probably( at least possibly) made tracks like 'Mt Saint Michel' on that thing with a tracker while traveling.

Kinda blew my mind because prior to that I had no idea how that stuff came together and figured it was a wild studio effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hodorsbn said:

I saw this pic a while back and made the connection that he probably( at least possibly) made tracks like 'Mt Saint Michel' on that thing with a tracker while traveling.

Kinda blew my mind because prior to that I had no idea how that stuff came together and figured it was a wild studio effort.

Yeah in fact tracker software is the secret to do IDM... I've been using Renoise lately and indeed feels more powerful and liberating than other sequencers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, logakght said:

Yeah in fact tracker software is the secret to do IDM... I've been using Renoise lately and indeed feels more powerful and liberating than other sequencers.

I just switched to Renoise recently and love it. It's like the the un-DAW meant for musicians with ADHD. So straight forward (to me at least), uncluttered and geared to creativity. Why didn't I discover the beauty of trackers 20 years ago 😭

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I tried... no luck...:k

31 minutes ago, SCONES TO DIE FOR said:

I just switched to Renoise recently and love it. It's like the the un-DAW meant for musicians with ADHD. So straight forward (to me at least), uncluttered and geared to creativity. Why didn't I discover the beauty of trackers 20 years ago 😭

I just started a Renoise channel on are.na with tutorials and interesting stuff to learn, if you wanna check it out 💪🙂

https://www.are.na/degrees-degrees-bullet-period/renoise

Edited by logakght
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, endera3rd said:

Is that Chris jeffs wearing the Palace music tshirt? 
is that sticker on the limited drukqs heavyweight vinyl pressing?

The other guy is James Mcartney the creator of supercollider 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...