IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

it's projected that just the data centers for Ai alone will use as much electricity as 150 million electric vehicles. 

i'm ok w/it not being in my devices so i can "search for photos of bob wearing a hat back to 2007" or whatever the fuck their plan is. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, o00o said:

As they own OpenAI they would give them much deeper access to develop features in alignment with the open language model.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I can’t shake the team America intelligence when Apple talks about apple intelligence 

14 hours ago, Nebraska said:

lcimg_ca61fcb8_ae16_4dcb_8b5a_e5ca6510cf

Apple announced “Apple Intelligence” at WWDC 2024, its name for a new suite of AI features for the iPhone, Mac, and more. Starting later this year, Apple is rolling out what it says is a more conversational Siri, custom, AI-generated “Genmoji,” and GPT-4o access that lets Siri turn to OpenAI’s chatbot when it can’t handle what you ask it for.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/10/24175405/wwdc-apple-ai-news-features-ios-18-macos-15-iphone-ipad-mac

Genmoji what a fucking waste of time.

9 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Why does he not ban windows and macOS as well? The both contain the copilot/siri feature 

• Big Brain 1

^starting to think that behind the scenes Musk/his team with their Grok or whatever it is AI thing they just started last year was petitioning for the Apple contract but got boxed out.

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

tweet.JPEG

the part where you can send to chatgpt is totally opt in. the ai stuff in device will not be though 

• Like 1

Lately I've seen so bad AI generated images in ads and occasional news pieces that I'm wondering if the people approving the images have impaired vision or what the fuck

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, zkom said:

Lately I've seen so bad AI generated images in ads and occasional news pieces that I'm wondering if the people approving the images have impaired vision or what the fuck

it's another Ai approving the image..

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

"You have to contact our customer support before you can cancel your account" 

>Customer support is an AI 

I was actually kinda grateful. 

Spoiler

NordVPN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Instead, Apple believes pushing OpenAI’s brand and technology to hundreds of millions of its devices is of equal or greater value than monetary payments, these people said.

Looking to the future, Bloomberg says Apple’s goal is to ink revenue-sharing deals with AI companies. In an arrangement like this, Apple would get a “a cut from AI partners that monetize results in chatbots on Apple platforms.”

https://9to5mac.com/2024/06/12/apple-not-paying-openai-to-use-chatgpt-in-ios-18-report/

AI will be the end of most of us once the super rich no longer need our labour i dont think they will let us sit around and paint our toes and be groovy creative future humans or whatever. call me paranoid . anyways i dont like it !

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

2 hours ago, timmy otoole said:

AI will be the end of most of us once the super rich no longer need our labour i dont think they will let us sit around and paint our toes and be groovy creative future humans or whatever. call me paranoid . anyways i dont like it !

they don't require Ai to do that. it's already happening w/how they're buying up starter homes and renting them at market rates. forever rent, owning nothing and "being happy", amazon healthcare bots, maximum productivity extracted, privatize everything etc.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, timmy otoole said:

Makes me think about, for young people especially, what kind of jobs or careers would be immune from automation in the near and distant future? Feel like barber might be good. It would be tough probably to build robots that can cut hair. The human head is a very sensitive area for some robot to be mucking about up there with scissors and whatnot.

• Like 1

this shit is straight out of an ep of Black Mirror:

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/12/1198912621/does-artificial-intelligence-deliver-immortality

He posted online, telling his friends it was time to say goodbye. Then his friend called him up, saying he had an opportunity at his company Eternos.Life for Bommer to build an interactive AI version of himself.

maybe they should watch that episode before they go through with this nonsense.

people die. it's all part of the human experience. clinging onto what is no longer there is bound to create more heart ache and suffering. people wanting to live forever are delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2