IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

On 8/4/2024 at 4:05 PM, Fredd-E said:

Next to PIC’s crystal clear high quality ATP-06 upload, the new copyright strike sightings on YouTube against R35TT and the other tapes, there’s also the following: the Hell Interface Facebook page has been deleted or set to private on August 1st. 

PIC's upload - nice he did that, nice the band told him he could.

Copyright strikes - BOC social media team has something new to do to protect BOC's IP...

Hell Interface Facebook - Now that is odd, since Hell Interface is the PERFECT replacement name for Facebook...

...still doesn't mean anything is near to/going to happen. And again, I would love to be 100% wrong (eventually).

23 hours ago, Joyrex said:

...still doesn't mean anything is near to/going to happen. And again, I would love to be 100% wrong (eventually).

Here's something: https://bocpages.org/wiki/More_Discreet_than_Most_of_Their_Contemporaries (a newly discovered 2005 tch era interview previously unavailable on bocpages, we're at 89 interviews now)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

Here's something: https://bocpages.org/wiki/More_Discreet_than_Most_of_Their_Contemporaries (a newly discovered 2005 tch era interview previously unavailable on bocpages, we're at 89 interviews now)

If you look at the first letter of every other sentence it spells "we will release an lp in twenty twenty four"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fredd-E said:

we're at 89 interviews now

89 interviews, what?!? i thought the brothers were like super mysterious & no one has ever seen them in the daylight or someshit. 

11 hours ago, auxien said:

89 interviews, what?!? i thought the brothers were like super mysterious & no one has ever seen them in the daylight or someshit. 

Legend has it they're still off to the pub, you know that, right?

I liked the following quote btw:

Interviewer: Before Twoism, your first official album, you released many records in very limited copies, often fifty or a hundred copies. Why so few?

Marcus: It always amuses me when people ask why there are so few copies of our early releases. We weren't signed to Warp at the time, and each of these releases was financed with our own money, so we published as many as we could afford. If we had released more, we wouldn't have been able to pay the rent. I hope to reissue them in the future, but not necessarily as Boards Of Canada albums. I know many of you hope to have them.

Maybe as Hell Interface albums? The Hell Interface profiles on YouTube and Bandcamp are still online. There's also one on SoundCloud but not sure if it's theirs, probably yes but maybe just an anti squatting profile. The YouTube and Bandcamp community page also still feature the modified Pioneer plaque image. The same was visible on the FB HI page before it got disabled. Still intriguing to me that whole Pioneer plaque theme.

spacer.png

• Like 1

in all fairness, i've always had a feeling that if the archival bits were to ever come out, it'd be under hell interface.

granted, it's a shite marketing move, but it would create a clear distinction between the rough material/demos and the polished, conceptual 'boards of canada' releases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

in all fairness, i've always had a feeling that if the archival bits were to ever come out, it'd be under hell interface.

granted, it's a shite marketing move, but it would create a clear distinction between the rough material/demos and the polished, conceptual 'boards of canada' releases.

Why would it be a shite marketing move? I'd say it's cool if they'd finally do something fleshed out with the HI handle. It's a very cool name and it deserves something solid.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 3:24 PM, auxien said:

"interviews" =/ actually speaking with Mike and Marcus versus writing about their music...

On 8/8/2024 at 2:09 PM, Fredd-E said:

How does a 2005 interview point to a release in 2024?

15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

"interviews" =/ actually speaking with Mike and Marcus versus writing about their music...

Most of their interviews were conducted by mail anyways.

I didn’t want to imply a 2005 interview points to a 2024 release. Just wanted to point you to a newly added interview. Marcus’ 2005 mindset on the old tunes and his willingness to release them but not as BoC could still be relevant today and might be reality one day. Hell Interface bocset, why not?

Edited by Fredd-E

8 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

because nobody knows what hell interface is other than a small portion of boc fans

Don’t you think the bocset will be a limited edition release with primarily the non mainstream hardcore BoC fans in mind? Fans interested in a release comprising their early works and rarities definitely know about the Hell Interface moniker. Those looking for contemporary music will buy BoC’s non-limited LP5. I see no issue here. And let’s not forget if there will be in fact a Hell Interface release you can rest assured Warp will promote and explain it on their social accounts and probably also on a dedicated mini website. People will get to know what HI is all about.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2024 at 11:01 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

Hell Interface is a pretty great name, it'd be a waste not to use it for an EP at least.

I know you don't like 'likes' (💙) so I'll write something and say, I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

11 years since their last album

How did WARP even allow this to happen

Who needs BoC when you've got Jockstrap :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2024 at 8:53 AM, Fredd-E said:

Don’t you think the bocset will be a limited edition release with primarily the non mainstream hardcore BoC fans in mind? Fans interested in a release comprising their early works and rarities definitely know about the Hell Interface moniker. Those looking for contemporary music will buy BoC’s non-limited LP5. I see no issue here. And let’s not forget if there will be in fact a Hell Interface release you can rest assured Warp will promote and explain it on their social accounts and probably also on a dedicated mini website. People will get to know what HI is all about.

the majority of people won't be buying the box set. the majority of people will be streaming it, and the majority of those streams will likely be from casual fans, and if it comes out as 'hell interface' and not 'boards of canada', then the casual fans will probably never hear it, even though they may like it as much as the rest of boc's discography. warp can explain it as much as they want, the message likely won't get through to the bulk of the listener base... hence = shite marketing move

• Like 3

On 7/16/2024 at 9:28 AM, phudoshin said:

Lets speculate on what possible "theme" the next album will be?

We've had

TH "endtimes/post earth" vibes

Geo "withcraft/wickerman/occult" inklings

MHTRTC "childhood nostlagia" buzz

TCH "people in nature" tones

4 hour jazz/funk jam a la Spiro Gyra "You fans deserve something to really chew on" noodles

In the follow documentary, Marcus will throw his brother under the bus "Mike wrote this".

Edited by tailings
  • Like 1

But before that monumental album I have forecast above (to be released 2037), I predict the next BOC album will be a Best Of titled _Hexagon Sons_ .  

For all those new fans who might not have yet heard Everything You Do is a Balloon.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 4:39 PM, Joyrex said:

I just popped the cd tray on my copy of Geogaddi and there's a post it note, (cut into the shape of a hexagon), that says "Milk, Oranges, Waffles,  12/12/12+12"

So, new album Dec, 12, 2024.  

You heard it here first.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 3:55 PM, Ski Nell said:

11 years since their last album

How did WARP even allow this to happen

WARP has little to no control over artist release schedules (looking at you, Mr. James)

• Burger 1

6 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

🤬 so it's warp's fault !!!

yeah…sometimes deadlines are a good thing

Edited by auxien
  • Sad 1

Their kids must be in their early 30's by now so can't use that as an excuse anymore 😀

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2