IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Passion

stephen1966

Could care less about vinals (unless we're talking digital vinals), but as for new Demdike, OWO.

Wonderland was such a grower, wonderfully beguiling and obtuse album.  Like all the Demdike you knew before it and yet not at all.

Oh hell yeah.

I think my head just exploded. (Like, how am I typing right now??)

"At It Again" -- I mean holy moly this shit is destroying the remnants of my eardrums.

Definitely for fans of Wonderland.

What an amazing suprise, been listening to the Millie and Andrea-LP a lot lately   :music:  Huge fan of Wonderland and their deconstructed club material, though I sometimes wish they would use another moniker to seperate the early "spritual" material if that makes sense?

Not liking this at all. I was kind of hoping they'd move on from this sound to something new, since exploration and experimentation is kind of their thing. It just sounds like another Miles album.

Boomkat deleted my comment off their Facebook wall about it to...

Surprising release. Very Grime so far. I gotta hand it to dem fellas--their live show last year was among the most uncomfortable concerts I've ever been to. The combo of the visuals and sounds filled me full of dread.

Yeah that show was heavy. That one video of all the celebrities and politicians and tourists smiling and staring into space mixed in with nature footage (Niagra Falls, etc) really stuck with me.

I love that they continued exploring these sounds with this new album. Some of the most visceral tunes they’ve ever made.

Not liking this at all. I was kind of hoping they'd move on from this sound to something new, since exploration and experimentation is kind of their thing. It just sounds like another Miles album.

Boomkat deleted my comment off their Facebook wall about it to...

lol Boomkat being little bitches.

I listened this morning on Spotify and it was alright, with you that it was a little same-y. They seemed to be exploring these sounds with Test Pressings, fell into a good version of the sounds for Wonderland and are maybe treading a little water here on this one. The second track was pretty nice and a bit unique, but other than moments of me going 'oh look they're doing that again' a few times, I was underwhelmed. Just a first listen though, and it wasn't bad at all, just wasn't striking me as particularly good. Will give it a few more listens I'm sure.

Yeah, maybe I'm being a little harsh. It just feels like more of the same, but not as involving as Wonderland was.

The cynic in me also feels like this was pressed as a double LP simply to make it feel more substantial than the single LP it actually is in reality. At least they haven't jacked the price up really high like they do with the Caretaker doubles...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think my head just exploded. (Like, how am I typing right now??)

"At It Again" -- I mean holy moly this shit is destroying the remnants of my eardrums.

This x 200 - can't get enough of that. Brutality at a new level, right? Can't think of any tracks that do the same for me...

They dropped a new mixtape, usually high quality, anyone listened? https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/42833

Archived