IGNORED

ae_store eastre egg

triachus

Yo Rob, where those Nord Modular G2 patches at tho?

“Feel like we’re missing some sound”

-Unknown Woman on LA 2008 tape

Listening to these vids, ironing clothes and watching plants sway in the rain sprinkled wind outside my window...Feeling the memory vibes of headphoned dog walks a decade in the past....hearing these beats and sounds in a new context, in unseen clarity....man, life is good, life is strange.

“It’s good dude”

-Unknown Woman on LA 2008 tape

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for citing my post before Joyrex censored it with AE track titles

I didn't change your post... don't go starting fires pls.

Hey, I tried to cover you. In fact you replace all mentions of AE track titles with "hello spiral's dork"

Ok, sorry Joyrex, don't mind me, just trollin round, thought it's obvious

^the guy cutting in line always gets me

so despite this offputting eyetalian, the vid is confirming what someone in chatmm speculated ie one of the files (probably the monomachine's) also controls the sync with the other bit of kit. 

nice if so, was just wondering about this in EKT somewhere

Awteker really are the best people.

seriously. no joke, truly, theyre deece dudes to the fans.
never heard of any band mass sharing their presets like this w fans, has it been done before?

this is so chill n nice n sweet man

i mean the comparison would be like, Fripp showing his pedals and effects setup in detail, other guitarists doing "How To Sound Like Me!" videos, drum tutorial technique videos, etc., all were definitely things that happened decades ago. Obviously not exactly the same but similar enough in my mind. 

so despite this offputting eyetalian, the vid is confirming what someone in chatmm speculated ie one of the files (probably the monomachine's) also controls the sync with the other bit of kit. 

I think it was evident from photos from the tour (at least to those with MD/MM boxes) that the MD was outputting MIDI to the MM (and from there potentially to the other bit of gear).

Looking at the Global settings in each machine, the MD sends MIDI clock (which the MM receives) but not Program Change events. So each machine can freely change patterns

I think it was evident from photos from the tour (at least to those with MD/MM boxes) that the MD was outputting MIDI to the MM (and from there potentially to the other bit of gear).

Looking at the Global settings in each machine, the MD sends MIDI clock (which the MM receives) but not Program Change events. So each machine can freely change patterns

Ches said it was more likely to be the MM dictating to the MD. Something about the MM's clock being 'tighter'

348177680409296909.png?v=1

That could be the case - I've only checked Global settings #1 (out of 8 for each machine) and in that slot MD sends clock, and MM receives. Perhaps in other global settings it's different.

The photo here shows that MD sends MIDI; MM receives from MD, and outputs MIDI from MIDI thru to other gear.

Ches is right (about the MM being tighter with MIDI clock), but let me rephrase it slightly: the MM is effin horrible when receiving clock as it's very sloppy which causes audible glitches, especially heard in the tape-style delay. It's therefore better to send MIDI clock from the MM, not receive.

I think the MM and MD (UW) have pretty similar external sequencing capabilities so I guess it could go either way, or even both could be in charge of other things to some extent.

In fact, having both be able to control multiple external instruments could be a bit of a the magic: either of these two (or the MPC) could theoretically trigger new parts/program changes/etc. on any other gear at any point. This would allow some pretty radical live changes possible by either operator. Though obviously this would take lots of setup, and coordination between them to know that "oh Rob's changing to the next section soon"

The photo here shows that MD sends MIDI; MM receives from MD, and outputs MIDI from MIDI thru to other gear.

huh, i don't know how you're seeing that in that mess of cables but i'm not doubting you lol. i can tell the midi from the audio but can't see which midi goes where

Awteker really are the best people.

seriously. no joke, truly, theyre deece dudes to the fans.
never heard of any band mass sharing their presets like this w fans, has it been done before?

this is so chill n nice n sweet man

i mean the comparison would be like, Fripp showing his pedals and effects setup in detail, other guitarists doing "How To Sound Like Me!" videos, drum tutorial technique videos, etc., all were definitely things that happened decades ago. Obviously not exactly the same but similar enough in my mind.

yeye, and the amount of how too:s in daws by artists etc is also huge.. but like sharing your presets for hardware to the fans en mass, p cool idea

Short gloss (still in roman) to the previous video: we are told that there is a specific preset for each sound, for the beats and for the sequence of the patterns. In practice the whole live is given to us to sounds exactly like the prototype that played live:

https://www.facebook.com/LRNZLRNZLRNZLRNZLRNZLRNZLRNZLR/videos/1900407503388531/

huh, i don't know how you're seeing that in that mess of cables but i'm not doubting you lol. i can tell the midi from the audio but can't see which midi goes where

Hmm, it looks like I've spent a considerable amount of time at that picture.

There's only one MIDI cable leaving the MD (output), it's got a Neutrik connector. It ends in the MM MIDI input (same connector). From the MIM MIDI Thru, a blue cable leaves and ends in the MPC they were using in that tour.

About the rest of the cables in that photo:

MD outputs stereo from the AB (Main) out

MM outputs stereo from the AB (Main) out

MM outputs stereo from the CD out back to MD's input

wow classic, finally someone plays them both at once and it's a cunt in love with the sound of his own voice. Cunt talks for 12 fucking minutes, then can't help but also talk over the output. jfc.

It was pretty interesting, basically he was explaining all the routing and how the boys probably worked the live performance. Anyway, here's some footage posted on the Elektronauts forum: 

I'm wondering if that dash has been there since the first day AE_STORE was opened

Was just checking on the Wayback Machine. The last snapshot from November 3rd doesn't have any WeTransfer link, but it didn't save the fully rendered website.

this is an incredible fact. Unbelievable. I do not know how the fuck I can open them, but it's a secondary problem. The important thing is that the revolution has begun.

The thing that, however, more than others leaves me stunned, is how you have noticed that dash.

nobody noticed it.

We got a vip visit in chatmm...

Orly? Who spilled the beans? Sean or Rob?

So if I understand correctly:

With these files (and assuming you had the proper kit) you could play back their live show tracks?

^^ Yes. They are SysEx backup ('SysEx dump') files for the MD and MM, containing a snapshot of all kits, patterns, songs and global settings for each of the two machines.

Edit: they are from the 2008 tour; and they are specifically for the MD and MM, not for the other gear they were using (MPC, Nord and Bitstream if memory serves me well)

Can someone with both elektrons please try and replicate the length and tempo of the original 2008 live sets and post your results? I'm sure watmm would appreciate, thanks.

Also - thank you S & R!

Archived