IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 1/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, toaoaoad said:

@JoyrexIs there a way to make it so ignored users' avatars also don't show up? There are many places on the site where ignored users are still visible, eg when a "most recent" post is theirs.

I'll have to see if the add-in that accomplishes this has been updated or has this feature to turn on.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, toaoaoad said:

@JoyrexIs there a way to make it so ignored users' avatars also don't show up? There are many places on the site where ignored users are still visible, eg when a "most recent" post is theirs.

I'll have to see if the add-in that accomplishes this has been updated or has this feature to turn on.

Coincidentally, an update for this add-in was just released - you can control your ignored users from your User Control Panel, and I see it offers the following options:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

58 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Coincidentally, an update for this add-in was just released - you can control your ignored users from your User Control Panel, and I see it offers the following options:

•  Mentions
  •  Signature

Hmm yeah these are the same features as before.  When a user is ignored you can still see their avatar in many places on the site, when they are the most recent poster in a topic. It would be nice to be able to block this out with a grey square or something, if they can't be blocked altogether.

Edited by toaoaoad

On 1/24/2023 at 2:24 AM, iococoi said:

how about some mastodon-embed love? pretty please with sugar on it. you don´t want us to miss this beauty, do you..

https://zirk.us/@emilyherring/109700429112210642

Reveal hidden contents

So that's a Mastodon link you pasted, and the auto-embed didn't pick it up... let me see if there is a way to manually add it but I suspect not if Mastodon doesn't utilize the oEmbed standard.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:55 AM, Joyrex said:

•  Mentions
  •  Signature

Any updates or was that a dead end?

On 1/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

The 1994 Thread crashes every time I try to open it on my iPhone while I’m signed in using safari. ?‍♂️

Don't use Safari

On 1/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, toaoaoad said:

Any updates or was that a dead end?

I haven't heard back from the addon developer yet

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Don't use Safari

Unfortunately you can't avoid Safari on the iPhone. Even if you download Firefox for iPhone, it's actually using Safari Webview as the rendering engine. There's hope Apple might stop with this restriction, especially after a rather nasty vulnerability that was patched last year.

Just now, oscillik said:

Unfortunately you can't avoid Safari on the iPhone. Even if you download Firefox for iPhone, it's actually using Safari Webview as the rendering engine. There's hope Apple might stop with this restriction, especially after a rather nasty vulnerability that was patched last year.

Yeah, I know all iOS browsers are forced to use WebKit... Apple walled garden control etc.

Not sure what that thread has in it to cause it to crash - anyone else can confirm?

23 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Not sure what that thread has in it to cause it to crash - anyone else can confirm?

Massive amounts of youtube embeds.  Might be helpful if people put these in spoilers :shrug:   All similar threads crash for me as well (on iphone/safari), I don't even try to load them anymore, very annoying.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:47 PM, toaoaoad said:

Massive amounts of youtube embeds.  Might be helpful if people put these in spoilers :shrug:   All similar threads crash for me as well (on iphone/safari), I don't even try to load them anymore, very annoying.

I don't think that would help it; spoiler tags don't prevent the embedded content from loading?

mebbe there is a way to automatically force yt embeds to become plain links when the # of embeds per x amount of posts exceeds a certain number?

9 hours ago, user said:

mebbe there is a way to automatically force yt embeds to become plain links when the # of embeds per x amount of posts exceeds a certain number?

I know I can limit the number of embeds per post, but I don't think per page, etc.

Hello all admins etc.. What is this?

Did I not pay for a Expert knob Tweaker package or what?
All the commercial adds is back and bigger than before.. 80% of WATMM is commercial and adds now, it is fucking crazy.. How do I turn this off?

I went in on "support" and there were no support or info what so ever. I could only talk to myself wtf?

Please what is going on now? This is horrible.. Please Joyrex help! Nothing here makes sense.. Do you think this is good really? 

On 2/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, cern said:

Hello all admins etc.. What is this?

Did I not pay for a Expert knob Tweaker package or what?
All the commercial adds is back and bigger than before.. 80% of WATMM is commercial and adds now, it is fucking crazy.. How do I turn this off?

I went in on "support" and there were no support or info what so ever. I could only talk to myself wtf?

Please what is going on now? This is horrible.. Please Joyrex help! Nothing here makes sense.. Do you think this is good really? 

You're showing as a Member... Check your subscription - it likely lapsed (they are annual).

14 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

since when did my static html tree become a dynamic radio button panel?  how do u get back to normal one? 

wat - a screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

wat - a screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful...

just go on the front page and youll see.  it used to be you click "featured artists" and it takes you to an html page with links for each one.  now there's a dropdown menu to let you select the featured artist, and it's redirected to the button panel and brings up that featured artist.  i mean its not the end of the world, but i don't really see how it makes anything better

20 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

just go on the front page and youll see.  it used to be you click "featured artists" and it takes you to an html page with links for each one.  now there's a dropdown menu to let you select the featured artist, and it's redirected to the button panel and brings up that featured artist.  i mean its not the end of the world, but i don't really see how it makes anything better

I am not seeing what you are seeing, and unless the forum software updates have changed it, I haven't changed anything. Is this on mobile?

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I am not seeing what you are seeing, and unless the forum software updates have changed it, I haven't changed anything. Is this on mobile?

all there is are these checkmark boxes on the side, what I mean is the static HTML tree was removed where you can browse the website through clicking links. its on desktop.  i mean its not the end of the world especially if nobody else cares but i prefer the old method

MPvOHcP.png

image.png

On 2/17/2023 at 4:45 PM, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

all there is are these checkmark boxes on the side, what I mean is the static HTML tree was removed where you can browse the website through clicking links. its on desktop.  i mean its not the end of the world especially if nobody else cares but i prefer the old method

MPvOHcP.png

image.png

I see the issue - you may have accidently changed the forum view, which is controlled by the three icons next to the Start New Topic button. Try changing it and find one that works best for you.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, cruising for burgers said:

where did all the emoticons go?

there's only the 'preset' ones from watmm...

Have you tried changing the categories in the emoji selector (or perhaps accidently did somehow)?

• Like 1