Jump to content
Joyrex

New Forum Discussion/Issues

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

Also sad reacts count as negative for some reason and lower your rep. 

Interesting this makes no sense 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManjuShri said:

You aren't reactable either.

weird!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

You aren't reactable either.

hm, it seems me and diatoms are both at 0 reputation, this might have something to do with it? (everyone else has some amount) but idk. not a big deal obv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel in china with that shit of reacts affecting your rep

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, auxien said:

hm, it seems me and diatoms are both at 0 reputation, this might have something to do with it? (everyone else has some amount) but idk. not a big deal obv.

Have "enable status updates" enabled in Account Settings > Edit Profile?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schlitze said:

Wow that's one super gay login sk8er boi

❤️❤️  ❤️ 

4 hours ago, auxien said:

it's literally the first thing in account settings when it you go there, main 'Overview' page of it, first thing is name with an option on the right to change

if you can't change it you might need to pay for a supporting account, or just whine like a bitch like Eugene until JR does it to just shut you up 🙂

Joyrex: I don't have the option to react to diatoms posts on this page for some reason? all other users/posts seem to have that option, but his two posts don't, not sure if this has come up and I haven't noticed. 

yeah when i go to account settings there is no option to change my username only email and password, like i already mentioned... thank you for the only helpful response thoug,  i really don't care what my username is, i was just asking about it, sorry if it got misconstrued as bitching... 

 

6 hours ago, eugene said:

phhh. you shouldn't expect enhanced functionality when you're not supporting the development and maintenance of this beautiful website in any way. shame on you for even for bringing it up.

ok dad 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your page look like this?

Also, eugene is being facetious, but mostly snotty.

 

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.57.56 PM.png

I think Joyrex mentioned that only Knob Twiddlers and Knob Twiddlers Plus have that option. That may be the issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

Have "enable status updates" enabled in Account Settings > Edit Profile?

hadn't seen that before, but it was already checked on, so I guess that's not the issue?

1 hour ago, vertsk8er419 said:

yeah when i go to account settings there is no option to change my username only email and password, like i already mentioned... thank you for the only helpful response thoug,  i really don't care what my username is, i was just asking about it, sorry if it got misconstrued as bitching... 

wasn't trying to imply you were bitching, just Eugene 🙂 ^Braintree's suggestion may be another thing to check? likely just need to pay for a subscription tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Braintree said:

Does your page look like this?

Also, eugene is being facetious, but mostly snotty. 

I think Joyrex mentioned that only Knob Twiddlers and Knob Twiddlers Plus have that option. That may be the issue.

Yeah you have to pay for a subscription, I took the member plus and could change my name, no need for the EKT/EKT+ package if you don't feel like purchasing it :beer:

Also : the ability to "autocomplete" emojis/smileys within the editor is awesome haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

some general css feedback:

* block quotes looks indistinguishable from normal text. suggested fix: give the css class .ipsBlockquote same styling as .ipsQuote. see an example of block quotes current styling here: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/92805-4-to-the-floor-appreciation-thread/

* embedded content is now 100% wide. it takes forever to scroll down a forum post like (https://forum.watmm.com/topic/96885-stompin39-industrial-acid-or-gabber-music/) because of the huge videos. suggested fix: provide a maximum width for <iframe>, <video> and  maybe also <img> and <object> less than 100%

Edited by htor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

still struggling to quick jump from forum/subforum to forum/subforum... the old up top shortcut is not back yet, hopefully you guys are taking care of it... :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, would be nice to perhaps have a similar dropdown as the featured artists for all the subforums.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to mute notification sounds on mobile? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

still struggling to quick jump from forum/subforum to forum/subforum... the old up top shortcut is not back yet, hopefully you guys are taking care of it... :fingerscrossed:

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks and seems to work alright. A couple of minor gripes:

  • a darker theme, especially the message body is too bright for my taste
  • move the name of the poster in the quote box heading to the front instead of the time it was posted
  • the search doesn't seem to work, or is that a known issue already..or then i don't know how to use it...some results do come up, the active ones I guess
Edited by azatoth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switched to the Tomorrow's Harvest theme and it's very much preferable to the classic, and easier on the eyes. (It was before too, and it still is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to go to the unread content page with the keyboard shortcut Alt+2 but it does not seem to work anymore and now it's driving me nuts. Is there some new keyboard shortcut?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No complaints so far. It might even be faster, not quite sure.

That said:

Has someone complained about the editor yet? In Safari (desktop) I get invisible buttons in the bar with edit buttons (meaning whatever images / text are on those buttons don't show up).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oof just tried the TH theme, no thanks. IP Board pls.

By 'looks like ass' re: the mobile version. It doesn't go all the way to the edges of the screen and everything is way too spaced out vertically too. Way more scrolling needed just to read one post. Lots of wasted space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, fuck me coming back from the weekend...

On 5/4/2019 at 6:57 AM, Tim_J said:

yeah now I'm on my phone and it's definitely not that green, but i wouldnt also call it blue... grey most definetly, with a pinch of smthng... saul goodmans

I always thought of it as a 'sage' green...

On 5/4/2019 at 7:17 AM, DavieAddison said:

There’s too much padding and wasted space on the mobile site. Otherwise it looks great. Replying to posts on mobile is a thousand times better

If you're on the WATMM Classic theme - that still needs adjusting; try the Tomorrow's Harvest theme and see if that's better space-wise.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:22 AM, MIXL2 said:

so whatever happened to the recent posts tab that was there yesterday? that seemed rlly useful imo

"tab"? There's a sidebar and the Recent Posts box at the top of the forum index page...

On 5/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, diatoms said:

post preview before posting, gone?

Editor, far right button

On 5/4/2019 at 10:45 AM, vertsk8er419 said:

so my username has been changed to my login name? this sucks, anyone know how i can get impotentwhitecapitalist back?

It's been mentioned, but if you would kindly consider a subscription to support the forum, then you can have that ability. The name change was due to the forum conversion and if it bothers you that much and cannot or do not want to support the site, PM me and I can change it for you.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, vertsk8er419 said:

 can you link to the post? i see no option to change username in account settings, just email address and password...

As mentioned, you must be a paying subscriber to change your name, but since the forum upgrade did this I will honour requests for a limited time.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, eugene said:

phhh. you shouldn't expect enhanced functionality when you're not supporting the development and maintenance of this beautiful website in any way. shame on you for even for bringing it up.

 

You know - you're starting to get annoying to the point I really don't see the need to tolerate you any longer...

On 5/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, auxien said:

it's literally the first thing in account settings when it you go there, main 'Overview' page of it, first thing is name with an option on the right to change

if you can't change it you might need to pay for a supporting account, or just whine like a bitch like Eugene until JR does it to just shut you up 🙂

Joyrex: I don't have the option to react to diatoms posts on this page for some reason? all other users/posts seem to have that option, but his two posts don't, not sure if this has come up and I haven't noticed. 

The reactions thing is a known issue and I am working on getting it sorted out.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:50 PM, ManjuShri said:

Also sad reacts count as negative for some reason and lower your rep. 

I am changing it so there are no negative rep points

On 5/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, logakght said:

i feel in china with that shit of reacts affecting your rep

Yeah, really doesn't fit this community and is going to change.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, htor said:

some general css feedback:

* block quotes looks indistinguishable from normal text. suggested fix: give the css class .ipsBlockquote same styling as .ipsQuote. see an example of block quotes current styling here: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/92805-4-to-the-floor-appreciation-thread/

* embedded content is now 100% wide. it takes forever to scroll down a forum post like (https://forum.watmm.com/topic/96885-stompin39-industrial-acid-or-gabber-music/) because of the huge videos. suggested fix: provide a maximum width for <iframe>, <video> and  maybe also <img> and <object> less than 100%

I'm assuming this is on the WATMM Classic theme (the block quotes) - thank you for the feedback.

RE: embedded videos - I think I can set a max-width for them so they don't expand to huge proportions. Please note the forum itself is set to 85% width so adjusting your browser window will also help in that regard.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:57 AM, Tim_J said:

still struggling to quick jump from forum/subforum to forum/subforum... the old up top shortcut is not back yet, hopefully you guys are taking care of it... :fingerscrossed:

I'm assuming you mean other forums, as the Featured Artists has a dropdown to go to each of their respective subforums...

On 5/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, user said:

Yeah, would be nice to perhaps have a similar dropdown as the featured artists for all the subforums.   

I can do this - I don't think it will impact the menus overall

22 hours ago, o00o said:

How to mute notification sounds on mobile? 

Go to Notifications ➡️ Notification Settings:

image.png

image.png

21 hours ago, azatoth said:

Looks and seems to work alright. A couple of minor gripes:

  • a darker theme, especially the message body is too bright for my taste
  • move the name of the poster in the quote box heading to the front instead of the time it was posted
  • the search doesn't seem to work, or is that a known issue already..or then i don't know how to use it...some results do come up, the active ones I guess

Working on both a minimalist dark theme as well as darkening WATMM Classic a bit. Try Tomorrow's Harvest theme in the interim.

RE: quote header order: this should be doable, but would mean changing it for every theme as the forum software by default is in that format. Might not be worth the effort vs benefit.

RE: search - can you give examples of what you're searching for? Please note the forums are still reindexing, so that might be why it appears not to work.

11 hours ago, zkom said:

I used to go to the unread content page with the keyboard shortcut Alt+2 but it does not seem to work anymore and now it's driving me nuts. Is there some new keyboard shortcut?

Ha! I didn't even know that was an option! I have no insight about any known keyboard shortcuts.

5 hours ago, rhmilo said:

No complaints so far. It might even be faster, not quite sure.

That said:

Has someone complained about the editor yet? In Safari (desktop) I get invisible buttons in the bar with edit buttons (meaning whatever images / text are on those buttons don't show up).

Can you provide a screenshot here? I can test on my Mac at home as well.

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

oof just tried the TH theme, no thanks. IP Board pls.

By 'looks like ass' re: the mobile version. It doesn't go all the way to the edges of the screen and everything is way too spaced out vertically too. Way more scrolling needed just to read one post. Lots of wasted space.

What kind of theme are you looking for? Might give me some direction on what people want in themes in general.

The 'wasted space' issue with WATMM Classic on mobile has been noted... many times. Thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

If you're on the WATMM Classic theme - that still needs adjusting; try the Tomorrow's Harvest theme and see if that's better space-wise.

This is perfect, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

 

Can you provide a screenshot here? I can test on my Mac at home as well.

 

You seem to have fixed it ...

It looks like some Javascript thing is loading the toolbar buttons: when I posted before, they weren't there. When I posted to reply to your request for a screenshot, I could see them appearing one by one. Weird ... I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I can do this - I don't think it will impact the menus overall

That would be lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

You seem to have fixed it ...

It looks like some Javascript thing is loading the toolbar buttons: when I posted before, they weren't there. When I posted to reply to your request for a screenshot, I could see them appearing one by one. Weird ... I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

It might have just been a caching issue... glad it's working now - please let me know if any further weirdness occurs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You know - you're starting to get annoying to the point I really don't see the need to tolerate you any longer...

now imagine how long term wattmers feel when they have to tolerate an incompetent admin with rubin farr-esque level of intelligence and sense of humor for like 15 years on the site they call home...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...