IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

40 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Can you provide a screenshot here? I can test on my Mac at home as well.

You seem to have fixed it ...

It looks like some Javascript thing is loading the toolbar buttons: when I posted before, they weren't there. When I posted to reply to your request for a screenshot, I could see them appearing one by one. Weird ... I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

44 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I can do this - I don't think it will impact the menus overall

That would be lovely.

4 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

You seem to have fixed it ...

It looks like some Javascript thing is loading the toolbar buttons: when I posted before, they weren't there. When I posted to reply to your request for a screenshot, I could see them appearing one by one. Weird ... I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

It might have just been a caching issue... glad it's working now - please let me know if any further weirdness occurs!

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You know - you're starting to get annoying to the point I really don't see the need to tolerate you any longer...

now imagine how long term wattmers feel when they have to tolerate an incompetent admin with rubin farr-esque level of intelligence and sense of humor for like 15 years on the site they call home...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eugene said:

now imagine how long term wattmers feel when they have to tolerate an incompetent admin with rubin farr-esque level of intelligence and sense of humor for like 15 years on the site they call home...

You're a poor fisherman; use better quality bait and maybe you'll catch something.

• Thanks 1

next stage of trolling will def get me b&, lol.

(there's honestly no meanness intended jr, in case it comes off like that from my texts. it's  just good ol constructive trolling of authority)

Edited by eugene

what about this heart/like button? i know it's a common social media thing, but i feel it is weird for this forum. at least the smileys look weird. maybe it's useful to reduce "me too" "+1" "lol" posts, but i really think those posts are what makes watmm threads so insanely good. and the range of emotions (sarcasm and irony included) the users will try and incflict upon each other can't be expressed with a simple smiley (or a trophy? huh?). i might be missing the point. is it really only meant to be used for bookmarking things by liking them?

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 09.43.14.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

great job boss but uhm i can't use tapatalk anymore to check watmm?

Nice trollin'

I like the desktop layout of new WATMM fine, but not a big fan of the mobile setup yet.  Everything is still too big, and I can't quite get the hang of the unread / filters.  Time of course will be the healer.

Edited by Soloman Tump
dunce

where did the thread-tags go?

edit: no wait all tags from previous watmm have been removed? ?

Edited by cear

No great loss, a lot of the threads were poorly tagged, especially the Alien one and the one where people are naming their shits after films. Also a lot of the Rubin Farr threads, the tagging was weak. His Donald trump thread for example he tagged with 'Hairocalypse'. And then his space and Lego threads he used 'Is there alien life on mars? ' and 'Danish toys of the future' respectively. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, eugene said:

next stage of trolling will def get me b&, lol.

(there's honestly no meanness intended jr, in case it comes off like that from my texts. it's  just good ol constructive trolling of authority)

Ah, good to know you're a kind-hearted fucknut.

11 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

great job boss but uhm i can't use tapatalk anymore to check watmm?

Forum now works on mobile (highly advised to use Tomorrow Harvest skin until I can devote some time to WATMM Classic to tweak it a bit more for mobile). Tapatalk is dead.

6 hours ago, htor said:

what about this heart/like button? i know it's a common social media thing, but i feel it is weird for this forum. at least the smileys look weird. maybe it's useful to reduce "me too" "+1" "lol" posts, but i really think those posts are what makes watmm threads so insanely good. and the range of emotions (sarcasm and irony included) the users will try and incflict upon each other can't be expressed with a simple smiley (or a trophy? huh?). i might be missing the point. is it really only meant to be used for bookmarking things by liking them?

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 09.43.14.png

Just a fun thing; we can actually add our own WATMM-specific ones (any suggestions)?, and I still need to remove the negative points so it's only good vibes going forward (at least as far as Reputation is concerned)

6 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Nice trollin'

I like the desktop layout of new WATMM fine, but not a big fan of the mobile setup yet.  Everything is still too big, and I can't quite get the hang of the unread / filters.  Time of course will be the healer.

As mentioned, WATMM Classic on mobile (and desktop for that matter) needs some tweaks. Working on it! Try Tomorrow's Harvest skin on mobile and I'll see today about getting some other skins that work well on mobile installed.

4 hours ago, cear said:

where did the thread-tags go?

edit: no wait all tags from previous watmm have been removed? ?

You might not be seeing them as posts, threads, tags, etc. are being rebuilt - need to get a cron job setup so it goes faster.

53 minutes ago, cear said:

nope you're right lol, they're still there .. although when I click them they give me empty pages or they function as searches now?

try some of my new&upcoming release threads tags':
https://forum.watmm.com/profile/6973-cear/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Again, probably due to the rebuilding of the database.

33 minutes ago, chronical said:

I can see ██e sp█ce between ██████ and it's terrif███g. Joyrex. Please fix.

Can you screenshot it? That would help see what you are seeing.

Also, fun new feature I didn't realize existed - you don't have to use the quote or multiquote buttons to quote somebody - just highlight the text you want to quote, and small tooltip will pop up giving you the ability to quote that specific highlighted text. Saves time if you don't want to quote someone's entire post.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Just a fun thing; we can actually add our own WATMM-specific ones (any suggestions)?, and I still need to remove the negative points so it's only good vibes going forward (at least as far as Reputation is concerned)

All we really need for those reactions are :cisfor: and :cerious:, without any other available choices !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stock said:

All we really need for those reactions are :cisfor: and :cerious:, without any other available choices !

Yes! Plus, if you want to introduce some toxicity (because, why not?), you could add the :facepalm:. And to compensate the toxicity, the :beer: and the :music:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Loading the emoji menu makes my laptop freeze for a second (browser hangs and music stops playing), what sorcery is this? 

The sorcery is you need to upgrade y0 laptop, nibba!

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

this alternate color between forums still doesn't make any sense to me... tricks me into thinking some have new content and some have not... this is just me?

Untitled.jpg

Alternating colour patterns on grids is an age-old thing... what if I made it closer in colour to each other so you're not so easily fooled ?

43 minutes ago, user said:

Papa, I think I love you.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 20.26.50.png

The feeling is mutual ?